Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default Re: 1800, Beta II released.

Thanks wangrin and Quintus!

Thank you also emir!

Hi Ghip!. I am a bit bussy now. I am working on the application for a hosted fórum. Then I want to prepare and release the Linux versión. And I want to start the early Bavarian cavalry. So before going into that let's see if you can can solve it. When does the game crash? while loading the game? while initiating a new campaign or a new battle? if so, which factions are you playing? also which table you changed and which column you changed to 0 values.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 15, 2016 at 12:49 PM.

Hi Bethen. It crashes when I play as the US and I edit the beta_11pack thing. I changed the unit_limit to all to 0 in the us_1800w_db thingy as well as the naval_db_stats and I changed the create time into 1. How do I fix this problem? Thanks.

Are you testing it with a saved campaign? If so test it with a new campaign. Did you only change USA units and naval units stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Are you testing it with a saved campaign? If so test it with a new campaign. Did you only change USA units and naval units stats?
    Aye. Actually, it crashes on the loading screen.

Is it working with new campaign?

What I meant to say is that it crahes on loading screen after starting empire.

Foederatus

Hi, before everything, great job, i've tested the mod on custom battles, it's pretty impressive !

The thing is that I have exactly the same problem as Napoli, as soon as I click on "great campaign", the game crashes.
    I did everything that was written in the instructions.loc, all the pack files are in the good orders in mod manager.

For example when I want to play as the USA,
    Do I have to open the folder "usa_campaign" and move the files inside to the folder "main" ? Or do I just have to let the folder "usa campaign" with the others in "campaign" folder?

Edit: It crashes after I edit the db_files only. It crashes after startup. It works fine if I put back the original files.

Ghip. The crash you and Bastiendep talk about typicaly happens when the order in the modmanager is not the correct one. It sometimes happens to me not to put the correct order. So have you checked the order when launching a new campaign?

Hi Bastiendep! Thank you! Napoli got it working after my last post related to the order of files.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hi!

As it is said in the instructions the order of the list of mods that apear in modmanager is relevant. The order in the list of mods sets the preference of which mod changes work in the game, so if there are two pack files that have contradictory changes the one in the upper position in the list is taken by the game to run. The order you put in Modmanager is reflected in the order it apears in userscript, why? because modmanager is a tool that changes what is written in that userscript, in a more comfortable way so you do not have to search for the userscript and type or copy paste there the mod names.

Instead of what you have, it should be:

mod "1800 late uniforms french campaign.pack";
    mod "France launcher.pack"
    mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";
    mod "1800_SmokeVolume.pack";

Maybe you prefer to type it directly in the userscript or maybe change it in modmanager. I prefer the last one.

How to change the order of the list of mods in modmanager?

Open it so you can see the list that has the checking boxes. (Probably you already have it this way, but if you have it changed just uncheck the box under the big red launch button that says "show all pack types")

Click on the name of the mod so its background goes blue and the faded arrows to the left of the big red launch button recover their color.

With arrows you see to the left of big red launch button move the mod name up or down the list as you want so you finally get the order that allows you to play.

Check the mods you want to play and uncheck those you do not want and press the big red launch button.

About the slow motion, if you find any with the mod you can reduce the unit size in graphic settings and also you can uncheck the smoke volumen pack.

Lets see this time how it goes.
    If launching USA campaign it still crashes then try another faction and, please, report here.

And of course it is important that you follow the installing instructions, so do not take the files out of the folders, because the game is told to use the files that are in every folder.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 16, 2016 at 09:36 AM.

Foederatus

Hi! First of all I have to say that you're doing a great job! I've just started playing it and I love it!
    Just one thing: in my opinion che citizens are way too powerful and with a too high morale (they routed easily my line infantry!)...Do you plan to wicken them or was that on purpose?
    Thanks!

Thank you Duke! thank you for pointing it out, we will look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Piedmont View Post
    Just one thing: in my opinion che citizens are way too powerful and with a too high morale (they routed easily my line infantry!)...Do you plan to wicken them or was that on purpose?
    Thanks!
    Please be more specific. Which citizens? Name of the unit? Did you charge in ? Were your units tired? Exhausted? What did they do, they beat your line infantry with melee weapons or ranged attacks? Which faction were you playing as?
    Last edited by Sirlion; January 16, 2016 at 03:42 PM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Please be more specific. Which citizens? Name of the unit? Did you charge in ? Where your units tired? Exhausted? What did they do, they beat your line infantry with melee weapons or ranged attacks? Which faction were you playing as?
    I was playing as Austria and I was beseiging Milan (kingdom of italy): I got attacked by another army behind. The unit was the armed citizens'one, I don't remember their exact name; they were coming towards me, I had one unit firing at them while the rest of my infantry joined in later. They broke mine by firing, no charging. Now that you point it out, however, the incoming units were tired because they'd just fought back the other army (just tired, not exhausted or very tired), so probably that was the reason. I will try to fight them when they are not tired... For the sake of precision, two of my incoming units actually were light infantry (jaegers), the other all line infantry.

Another issue (in the same battle) was that my units were not firing from inside the houses..

Miles

wtf I never even knew this mod mod existed. I've being searching for any kind of good quality napoleonic mod for empire for quite some time.

1800 mod, founded in 2011 I hope you like it.

Edit: I followed the order of the thing on how to put in mod manager. Your mod is good but there are limit to most units in the game. It crashes only because when I edit the db_files of the us and naval stats, it crashes on startup. And if I put back the original file(not edited) then it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghip View Post
    Edit: I followed the order of the thing on how to put in mod manager. Your mod is good but there are limit to most units in the game. It crashes only because when I edit the db_files of the us and naval stats, it crashes on startup. And if I put back the original file(not edited) then it works fine.
    By what you say I think it is in a new campaign, isn`t it? please answer this question specifically. It is important to know because if it is a saved game the new recruitment times can be uncomptatible with running recruitment processes. Or is it of the loading screen of the game what you mean?

I am going to test those changes to see if there is any problem on new campaigns an then I will test the new values on a on going campaign.

Result of the test: I have changed the values of recruitment to 1 turn of all naval units and also for USA units. I have changed usa land units limits to 0 and also I have changed the naval unit limits to 0. The game crashes when loading. Well I recomend you to do the change by steps, so you go changing groups of units and then test so this way you can spot first which group of units is causing this problem, and then in that group which one is causing it. It is not an quick work to do.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 16, 2016 at 06:12 PM.

I mean that it crashes on startup. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/joi-aOSnAs8/maxresdefault.jpg
    Last edited by Ghip; January 16, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

As I have said before:

Result of the test: I have changed the values of recruitment to 1 turn of all naval units and also for USA units. I have changed usa land units limits to 0 and also I have changed the naval unit limits to 0. The game crashes when loading. Well I recomend you to do the change by steps, so you go changing groups of units and then test so this way you can spot first which group of units is causing this problem, and then in that group which one is causing it. It is not an quick work to do.

See that the mod limits have a reason, to increase the realism most of all. And some of them are part of the feature of the mod consisting in a evolving recruitment sytem, so USA depends much more in militia units at the beginning of the period than when the 1812 war broke. The usa units 2 is the limited militia units you will be able to recruit when you reach the later period of the mod, so the 1812 war times. If you play to the late period you will see that you will be able to recruit unlimited regular USA units everywhere in the homeland.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 16, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks. The problem was changing the units for USA. It worked. I am just wondering now on how to recruit units for US in any Europe or India.