Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Are there going to be Eagle standards? I don't know how common they were, but it baffles me that I haven't seen any in any Napoleonic mods.
    Actually in mine there are. Realism Core v5 for LME4 has them with a modified version of PdGuru's equipment mod (with permission). It is very likely that this project will have them too at some point.

Glad to see the nice shakos have been improved with quality cords!

Thank you Alwyn!

Hazzard, if you mean the flag pole top with an eagle I have never gone into that kind of change,but I see it has been done as Sirlions says. If you mean napoleonic eagles in the flag it self, well that is possible, the thing is that in 1800 the French flad did not have those imperial signs as Napoleón was crwowned as Emperor later. That could be a feature of the submod that allows you convert all units into late period of the mod time frame units, so the flag in this submod could have napoleonic symbols, the thing is which one of them would be more suitable.

Sirlion, you are half guilty of that shako change, I accept very gladly any reasonable criticism to improve, now I had some time to do it and the motivation. Thank you.

Guard fusiliers chasseurs.

Last edited by Bethencourt; December 12, 2015 at 10:52 PM.

I meant these ones without the flag. I didn't know some flags had eagles on top. And I didn't notice any in Sirloin's mod. It'll be an excuse for me to try and get the submod working again.

It hadn't occurred to me that Napoleon's coronation would be slightly out of the time frame for the mod, so it makes sense not to include the Eagles.

Spanish fleet. Black in faction color place.

In action, fire and smoke effect by Sirlion.

Last edited by Bethencourt; December 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM.

Finally released. See the download link at the bottom of the first post.

It is 1800 campaign, the one starting in 1700 is yet to be fully developed.

The download is for Windows by now. Linux is yet to come.

We hope you like it.

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, Beta II released.

Soon I will be linking a hotfix due to some bugs. Some French armies are getting stuck in the cities and default artillery units need fixing their textures to the addition of facial hair.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations on releasing the Beta II version! As ever, the latest pictures look amazing.

Hi, Alwyn! thank you again. By the way I have used the tutorial you did for the deletion of forts in startpos. This has shown necessary due to the big units of the mod, and also to balance the economy, so it is a spent that AI does not do anymore.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; December 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

Foederatus

Ah yes I have been waiting for this I cant wait to see this in game!

Greetings Bethencourt unfortunately this mod is not working for me I have a clean install of ETW, and I followed the install instructions exactly how you instructed. I put all the countries campaign files in the data campaigns than I put all the other files in the empire data folder. I than downloaded mod manager clicked on country launcher and the 1800 beta and lunched game. Than it loads up ETW fine but when I click on campaign it crashes every time and says "empire total war has stopped working" I problem caused program to stop working. Is there something I am doing wrong is there something I am missing??? Also it won't allow me to even play a land battle with your mod so I can't even see your units in quick land battle! Does anybody else have this problem??

Leviticus, I hope you like it so far.

Napoli. I have downloaded and installed the 22-12-2015 version. It works ok, both campaign and battle. ¿Can you copy here the content of the userscript file of your computer you can find following this path: C:\Users\ your user name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; December 23, 2015 at 10:57 AM.

Hi Bethencourt, yes I downloaded the version 22-12-2015 do I also need to download and install the version 20-12-2015?? I also followed your instructions to the letter. When I get a chance I will copy and paste what I have in my ETW user script. I appreciate your attention!

Hi! The last full versión is 22-12-2015, so you do not need the 20-12-2015. Once you install the mod restart the computer. Then with modmanager launch it as said in instructions, test battle and campaign. If it does not work go to the userscript and copy here as I said before, so I can see what mods are being activated and their order.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; December 23, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

Hey Bethencourt and Happy Holidays, I tried it again exactly how you said in the mod manager clicked the box for 1800 Beta and clicked Russian launcher loaded up ETW fine but again when I click on campaign ETW crashes and get same era message here is what I have in my user.empire_scripts, its mod "1800 Beta II.pack";mod "Russia launcher.pack"; Now in my profile.last used mods I have this #1800 accuracy160
    #1800 accuracy70
    1800 Beta II
    #1800 late uniforms french campaign
    #1800 late uniforms
    #1800MODELS
    #1800_sir_battlechaos
    #1800_SmokeVolume
    #Austria launcher
    #France launcher
    #Great Britain launcher
    #Prussia launcher
    Russia launcher
    #Spain launcher
    #USA launcher
    So as you can see I should have everything installed correctly right..... So than Why will it not let me play campaign or land battle with your units?? Thanks in advance!

Hi Napoli! Happy Christmas to you too!

I see that you have checked the 1800 Beta II and the Russia launcher pack, what is ok, but you are missing 1800MODELS which is one of the main files of the mod together with 1800 Beta II and the faction launcher you want to play. So you should always have those three mods activated. The rest of them is at your will.

Hey Bethencourt I tried again this time clicking on the 1800Models now the battles work in land battle but the campaign is still not working when I click on campaign the game crashes it says Empire has stopped working here is my user scripts
    mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800 late uniforms french campaign.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";
    mod "1800_SmokeVolume.pack";
    mod "France launcher.pack";
    Is there something that I did not install correctly i placed all the campaign country folders in the campaign folder of ETW. Do I have to put any other folders in the campaign folder?? I am trying to play a 19th century game but its impossible! I have NTW but it is freaking useless poorly optimized I guess for windows 8 the soldiers run in super slow motion the whole game during battle is in slow motion even though I am getting a FPS of 44 (check out my post under NTW technical issue thread) . THe interesting thing is ETW works entirely fine on my same system no slow motion soldiers they run at the correct speed, so when I saw your mod I was excited because even though I was screwed with NTW at least I could play yours with 19th century units. But as you can see unfortunately its not working something is missing or going wrong. I wonder if anybody else is having this issue with your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Hey Bethencourt I tried again this time clicking on the 1800Models now the battles work in land battle but the campaign is still not working when I click on campaign the game crashes it says Empire has stopped working here is my user scripts
    mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";
    mod "France launcher.pack";
    Hi!

As it is said in the instructions the order of the list of mods that apear in modmanager is relevant. The order in the list of mods sets the preference of which mod changes work in the game, so if there are two pack files that have contradictory changes the one in the upper position in the list is taken by the game to run. The order you put in Modmanager is reflected in the order it apears in userscript, why? because modmanager is a tool that changes what is written in that userscript, in a more comfortable way so you do not have to search for the userscript and type or copy paste there the mod names.

Instead of what you have, it should be:

mod "France launcher.pack"
    mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

Maybe you prefer to type it directly in the userscript or maybe change it in modmanager. I prefer the last one.

How to change the order of the list of mods in modmanager?

Open it so you can see the list that has the checking boxes. (Probably you already have it this way, but if you have it changed just uncheck the box under the big red launch button that says "show all pack types")

Click on the name of the mod so its background goes blue and the faded arrows to the left of the big red launch button recover their color.

With arrows you see to the left of big red launch button move the mod name up or down the list as you want so you finally get the order that allows you to play.

Check the mods you want to play and uncheck those you do not want and press the big red launch button.

About the slow motion, if you find any with the mod you can reduce the unit size in graphic settings and also you can uncheck the smoke volumen pack.

Lets see this time how it goes.

Link of the last versión of 26-12-2015 recovered, after this 25 december 2015 effect.

I was saying before (I have the feeling of talking to an deaff old aunt) that I had started to make the Bavarian units, the early period ones, that are not in BETA II, but will be part of next release.

Also I said that in next reléase major factions, at least, will be able to recruit the other factions units in the conquered faction capital so these units would form an international army as the one that invaded Russia or France.

Line infantry

Grenadiers.

Light infantry.

Jägers

Guard.

Foot artillery

Horse artillery

It was also pointed out by a user that there was this bug in campaign list of armies. No matter the faction, the recruited by button generals have always the same name, half or so movement points and zero men in army, and they belive to be in France. Poor things!

Anyway, this bug is caused by the change made in generals and colonel campaign faction models and if no solution is found the change remains no matter the bug.

Last edited by Bethencourt; January 12, 2016 at 05:17 PM.

Default Re: 1800, Beta II released.

Hi again Bethen. The mod manager you gave works but everytime I changed the unit limit to 0, it crashes. Can you please upload one file with o unit limit? Thanks.

Default Re: 1800, Beta II released.

Great models great unit cards amazing job man really amazing