Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default 1800, Beta II released.

1800 mod team:

Sirlion: DB work, land BAI and land units stats, smoke, fire and sound effects. (Since May 2015)

General Brewster: Alpha-Betatester (Since november 2011)

GwooidgiDaLinux: Betatester (Since may 2015) and Linux adaptor.

Bethencourt: The rest of it by now. (Since November 2011)

Others contributions:

Sharp: some mod ships icons, from The Rebellion's Shipyard project.

Hi!

Back on port.

New thread as the old one was full of missing screenshots.

This is a mod for Empire that takes it to the Napoleonic era.

I will keep this post for screenshots and so. And will be comenting in next posts the evolution and the path to the Beta II

Features.

The whole Project has two versions. One starting in 1700 ending in Napoleonic era, and the other starting in the Napoleonic era right away. This last one starts in 1800-

The two versions will have two Napoleonic periods, so you reach each of them by technologies. In the first versión you reach the first period by research of military and social advances and in the second versión you start in the first Napoleonic period and reach the second period the same way.

For France you have the the first period which is called National Army period which gives this faction a starting advantage in recruitment slots, a wider roster for minor cities recruitment, campaign movement advantage. Then you research Empire technology which allows you to recruit the emperor unit, and some guard units. Then you have the Imperial Army period, with it more guard units, the use of shako, some new units like lancers or guard horse carabiniers.

For the Coalition factions, mostly the rest of them except the United States, you start the first Napoleonic period with the Coalition technology. Here you are in clear disadvantage compared to France in recruiment slots, the reduced roster in minor cities, and campaign movements. The research of Total War social technology is the first step to reduce that initial French advantage. Total War Army military technology puts you finally at the level of France. And the uniforms of the units are different, evolved to the late period fashion.

Not yet implemented, but in mind, is to make early period French infantry units bigger tan their Coalition counterparts, maybe 400 men to 350. When coalition factions reach the late technollogies then they rise up to 400 men.

Naval game.

I started as naval modder. So you have a battle and campaign all changed. From speed to hull values, textures and damage. Also new marines uniforms

Units.

For next Beta II, Austria, France, Great Britain, United States, Spain, Russia and Prussia will have their own napoleonic roster based in historical uniforms. The rest of the European factions will have a default roster. In next betas or releases these factions will be having their own historical roster.
    ---

Underconstruction.

Technologies new icons.

Campaign minimaps. I have to update these ones, some territories have a different owner in actual development.

Units screenshots.

More screenshots here:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...9/screenshots/

Russians.

Russian General and scort.

Pavlovsky Guard Grenadiers, late period, Total War Army.

Early period, Coaliton Army, Guard Jagers.

Prussians.

Guard Grenadiers late period of the mod.

Line infantry, late period, Total War Army.

Elite Jagers, early period, Coalition Army.

Line infantry, early period, Coalition Army.

United States.

Late period, Total War Army, line infantry.

General with line infantry of Total War Army period, (in grey uniform). This screenshot is made just for fun, the general has its scort in the mod playing versión that is not showed here.

Great Britain

General and scort. The faces of the scort are actually changed, to better ones I guess.

Horse Guard, late period, Total War Army.

Guard Grenadiers and Fusiliers. It is an old screenshot so the flag is not the actual one.

Scottish war effort. Grenadiers and light infantry.

France-

Old Guard Grenadiers.

Guard Horse Grenadiers.

Early period, National Army, line infantry.

Early period, National Army, line grenadiers.

Line infantry, late period, Imperial Army.

Voltigeurs, late period, Imperial Army.

Imperial army carabiniers.

Austria

Line infantry, early period, Holly Roman Empire (HRE).

Line infantry, late period, Austrian Empire (AE)

Grenadiers.

Spain

Grenadiers, late period, Total War army.

Hussars.

Naval.

Previous Beta video by naxzul666.

Models have been improved since then, I think quite much. But the video is very well done.

DOWNLOAD LINK.

This is 1800 BETA II, the 1800 campaign. The one starting in 1700 has to be developed yet.

Inside the folder you will find an instruction document to install and to play.

FOR WINDOWS:

(20-12-2015) version link deleted,

(22-12-2015)version link deleted

(26-12-2015) last version, includes changes to previous version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7..._26-12-2015.7z

FOR LINUX: yet to come.

If you do not like to use ModManager and you are going to use user script to decide to launch the mods, take in mind that the order in the user script file must be the same as the one explained in the word document "instructions", also only use the mods that are needed, specially the faction launchers.

Under construction.

Userscript instructions to launch the mod if you do not use ModManager.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You will find userscript file following this path: C:\Users\your computer user name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Modmanager is a program that works with the userscript changing it, the same as if you typed the mods on the userscript directly.

The following userscript settings are the ones I will obtain by launching the mod with Modmanager, so you can see how you can type in you userscript to make the mod work.

The order of the list of ítems in the userscript is relevant, as it is said in the instructions. The mod won't work if you do not respect the order of the ítems. It is not only a matter of modmanager, as I said modmanager works by changing the userscript, it is a tool to change the userscript without the need of searching for it typing it and saving it every time you want to use different mods.

Anyway if you prefer to use userscript, the are at leas three files you need to actívate. First in the list: the faction laucher. Second and third, 1800 Beta II and 1800 MODELS. So if you want to play France your userscript, does not matter if typing it or using modmanager should look like this:

mod "France launcher.pack";
    mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

Next settings are incorrect:

this

mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

or

mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

These last two settings will make the game crash when launching the grand campaign.

SO THE FACTION LAUNCHER GOES ALWAYS IN AN UPPER POSTITION IN RELATION TO 1800 Beta II and 1800MODELS.

Now I have launched the game using late uniforms playing as France also an accuracy submod and the smoke and fire effects submod and the battle sound submod. The setting results in this:

mod "1800 late uniforms french campaign.pack";
    mod "1800 accuracy160.pack";

mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

mod "1800_SmokeVolume.pack";
    mod "1800_sir_battlechaos.pack";

The smoke and fire submod and the sounds one (battlechaos) do not affect the otherones so you can put them in any position in that list, but the late uniforms, accuracy and faction launcher go over the 1800 Beta II and 1800 MODELS.

WHY? because when two mod files work over the same game stat or value, the first working with those values in the list is the one that the game takes over the other ones that are in any lower position. So basically the late uniforms, accuracy and faction launcher are submods of the main mod files.

Instructions if you use ModManager. (You already have this instructions document within the dowload folder)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 24, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Actually, actually, let's say now, I am prepearing my dinner. But more related to the mod I have already finished the default roster for those factions that will not have the historical roster in this next Beta II. I am also doing the different playable factions startpos files, which are the campaign opening settings you see when you start the game, the regions ownership, diplomacy, starting armies, these things, you know... I have had some problems with it but I have understood how to do it without crashing to desktop problems. And I am very happy with it. Althouh the campaign is not balanced yet and France and Russia are not so powerfull now as should be expected. Of course I this will be solved for next reléase.

General Brewster has given me a good feedback these days testing in steam I and want to thank him for it. A lot.

Once I finish these startpos work I will revise the USA units, and then the French general units. Then the text files.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 13, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

So when will you release the download?

What about three shillings and we forget about dates?

The correct answer is when I feel it is done. If you take a look to the thread intention, it is to tell the steps to get to the final design of the next public beta. This is not maths so it is difficult to say when things will be ready. I could reléase now some files but they are not finished nor balanced, so not very interesting to play from final goal point of view which is a Napoleonic era mod.

If anyone is interested in testing giving feedback contact me in steam. I am bethencourt there.

I have finished, the startpos files for Spain, Prussia, USA and Russia. I need to make the British the Austrian and the French one. I can make one per day, but I do not spent all my days modding, so I expect to finish this modding part next week, at least at this level of development.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 13, 2015 at 07:49 PM.

Ok, thanks. They look like badasses

Is it possible to play U.S. minuteman with tricornes against British Line Infantry with those Napoleonic hats?

Looks great, thanks for keeping at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghip View Post
    Is it possible to play U.S. minuteman with tricornes against British Line Infantry with those Napoleonic hats?
    The mod has US militia for the Napoleonic period and I have not seen any with tricorns. But as I have said the mod has two versions. The one that starts in 1700 and ends in Napoleonic era can give you the chance to play tricorn units against Napoleonic style ones as factions may reach this last period sooner than the others. The thing is that US is not playable in that version, as their territories start as British dominions. In custome battle mod for this versión you can make any battle you want. But I have seen that minuteman units are not wearing tricorns in vanilla.

md1435 thank you for your support.

I have done France startpos file yesterday.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 15, 2015 at 06:26 AM.

Ok. Thanks. The mod that I was saying is the proper militia mod.

Ah, ok then it is a matter of compatibility. I do not know the files of that mod to give you a correct answer. If it is only about units probably you can play with both, but maybe some stats do not match as the unit size and so.

Domesticus

Congratulations!

Too bad I can not test the campaign!

You have modified units (dimensions and new textures)?

Ok. Thanks. I will be the first one to test this mod when it's finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Congratulations!

Too bad I can not test the campaign!

You have modified units (dimensions and new textures)?
    Thank you Crociato. I have tested campaign, of course, but General Brewster has tested too successfully as he has been able to play with the files you have several tens of turns before crash to desktop. This last crash has already been solved I think. Yesterday I finished with all the startpos files correcting the design process that was causing it.

The problem for you to start a campaign game I think it is related to the fact that it is actually a complicated installation. G. Brewster has been testing the mod since the begining, late 2011, so he understood how to install the same version you have correctly so it has worked for him. I will send you some screenshots about the installation of the files so you can check if it is correctly done.

Also I will send you an updated versión of the mod so it avoids the crash while playing campaign.

The mod land units are 400 men infantry, 300 cavalry and 36 artillery in ultra unit size. I have changed some stats mostly for French and Austrian units related to battle. The rest of the factions require a revisión. All factions artillery has a much larger range. Even more I would like to change the battle system in the future, now it is quite vanilla. I have also change, reduced, the distance betwen the men in the lines of infantry except for light infantry.

Now I am going to start revising some models, mostly the USA militia, and some French and Austrian units.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 17, 2015 at 02:01 PM.

I have added to the first post a screenshot of the new look of the French Guard Grenadiers, Old Guard, that I am preparing. The new work is on the bearskin and its ornaments. This will be also used for early period grenadiers and also other similar units and the horse grenadiers.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 18, 2015 at 03:59 PM.

The units are looking amazing, I am quite excited for this.

Would you consider releasing two mod versions? One with the full campaigns, and another with just the units attached to the vanilla campaign? The units would only be available late in the vanilla campaign, but it would be fun to fiddle with their implementation. Plus, the the campaigns you offer would give us a whole new game as well.

Thanks for working on this, and thanks for your consideration!

Ah, that would make three versions actually. Time will say. It does not seem to be too difficult to do but the limiting thing here is the time I have for the whole project.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Ah, that would make three versions actually. Time will say. It does not seem to be too difficult to do but the limiting thing here is the time I have for the whole project.
    Of course time is the issue, sometimes it takes all the effort just to get the mod done. I can recall running out of steam before finally getting done with a mod.

If when you're complete you need some help with another version I would be happy to contribute. I'm not a good modeler (I can do basic .dds editing) but stat changes are fairly easy.

I'm going to keep track of this as it comes along.

Thank you md. I have revised and put in first post a srcreenshot of French Guard Horse Grenadiers.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Excellent work with amazing textures! I hope your continuing work is going well.

Thank you Alwyn! In very short term next work will be to add the new bearskin style to the Horse Carabiniers. Then I will update the French General units, and then I will revise USA militia ones. This last will start within a week and it will last a few of them, two weeks at least. I have to put a table in the first post of things to be done before release.

The Guard never surrenders!

Last edited by Bethencourt; March 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast