Thread: Thank You WRE

Default Thank You WRE

For your generous nature......this time being the exception of course. I was restarting as the Franks to see if the WRE would ever have a leader that is reasonable to deal with. Keep an eye out for this one.

http://i.imgur.com/Wh5btDZ.jpg?1

I proposed that I join two of their wars in exchange for a defensive alliance(moderate), they refused but counteroffered a marriage to their daughter which I happily accepted for 3200. It looks like they would of done a defensive alliance if I joined 3 of their wars but that was a little steep for my taste. They wouldn't give me military access without joining a war, although they would of thrown in some money for it. I decided military access could wait, instead opting to have them pay me 3300 to join against the Saxons. I thought while I'm at it, I might as well demand money. It was moderate up to 8500 which they wouldn't accept. I started working my way down until they accepted at 6500. So the WRE gave me 13000 on turn 1. Thank you Honorius and may our friendship last a long time to come.

http://i.imgur.com/leFHagI.jpg?1
    Last edited by wealthmonger; March 12, 2015 at 02:40 AM.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Thank You WRE

One in a million chance for those faction traits. Tell me you have the original save game from turn 1 please !

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

It's on legendary difficulty but here's the turn 1 save game if someone wants to try it.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/sNUyR/aut...15.054620.save

I didn't continue that campaign. Strangely, just now I decided to do a Franks campaign to see if I can save the WRE, before the next dlc comes out. I ran into this situation again, WRE leader has the same faction traits. I need some advice on what to do.

Diplomatic relations with other factions

Langobards-aggressive, tempermental. +75, moderate to join against the Saxons, moderate for a defensive alliance?

Alamans-reliable, defensive, passive, admires strong empires, +73, start with NAP and trade, their at war with the vandals, they might accept a defensive alliance if I join war against the Vandals plus pay them 2000(ish)?

WRE-reliable, diplomat, culturally tolerant, religiously tolerant, admires strong empires, +68, start with NAP and trade, I joined their war against the Saxons, married their daughter(political wife, helps with higher influence). They like the ERE, refuse to break alliance.

Geats-aggressive, tempermental, -5, I got them to join against the Saxons for free, they might do a non aggression pact?

Picts-unreliable, rebellious, opportunist, -13

Jutes-reliable, defensive, traditionalist, passive, indifferent with empires, -13

Caledonians-aggressive, tempermental, culturally intolerant, indifferent with empires, -50

Saxons-war, sunk their army at sea

So the point is to do whatever I can to save the WRE and hopefully keep them reasonably intact, eventually get allied. Beyond what's asked above, I could join war against the Jutes and see if I can get other factions to join against them as well or for that matter the Ostrogoths or Quadians? Move to take the Saxons city, then where to militarily next? Should my navy go somewhere? What should I do with my money, currently 17,137(military, economic)? Any other advice?
    Last edited by wealthmonger; October 08, 2015 at 03:31 AM.