Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperiales Śconomić (Main Thread) Update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - 28.03.15 8:20 AM GMT -6

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Big update - 18.03.15 06:15 PM GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    The logical problem here is, that even in big empires it is possible to recruit cheap farmers and levies who own their own (poor) equipment. So, why is it more expensive to recruit them than in a small barbarian kingdom??
    AND, I think professional soldiers would like to get payed better, because they are… professionals =)

The most logical way to manage this is to adjust the recruitment and upkeep costs of every unit separately (poor level 1 levy-units are cheap and need low upkeep… high tier 3 elite soldiers are expensive to recruit (need expensive armor, weapons and training) and have high upkeep, because they want to get payed better than a normal levy). Unattached from the imperium level.

But this way goes straight against your idea of this mod… Anyhow I like your mod a lot because of the challenge it brings to the game. Even when this system sounds not very logical to me, I will play with your mod, just because this is just a game and it’s more fun than without!
    I understand, but as you just said, it's just a game and that's the problem. The game needs to be balanced and no one wants the AI to spam milions of ultra cheap peasants, yes you'd probably win win a lot less professionals, but as for the limits of how many units may attend a battle, I think every battle against this peasant horde would be a victory just because you're still gonna have 20, respectivelly 40 units on one side at the time.

Of course, if you could do a battle with 50000 peasants on one side and 5000 professionals on the other (at the same time all soldiers on the battlefield), it would be possible.

The other thing here is compatibility. If I adjusted every unit's costs separately, I would have to do that differently and it would require a submod for almost every big mod out there. This way it's compatible with Radous, Fall of the Eagles and so on without any hassle.

Concerning the high recruitment cost on higher imperium levels, I've seen AI with tons of money and average army in the vanilla. This way the AI spends more and thus is not being passive in the campaign just because it has tons of money already. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

I was reffering to the equipment just because if you need let's say 50000 men in your army and every second man (25000) already owns the equipment, you save a lot of money.

But if you need let's say 100000 men of which those 25000 already owns the equipment, you're gonna have to pay for the 75000 pieces of equipment, which is waay more, thus the higher recruitment costs.

Regarding the recruitment costs again - low level faction simply already have sufficient amount of equipment and skill for a small army, but high level faction has to manufacture tons of new pieces of equipment and train **** amount of men. This makes the high level faction pay more.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 19, 2015 at 11:24 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Last update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - March 28th 8:20 AM (GMT -6)

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Well said Sir dmboss
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Well said Sir dmboss
    Thank you Baron de Bodemloze

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Been using this mod for a few days now and I had to come here to give you a huge credit. I am really really liking it and it makes the game so much better that i'd probably call it the best mod out there for Attila, good job and BIG thumbs up!

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kmalkin View Post
    Been using this mod for a few days now and I had to come here to give you a huge credit. I am really really liking it and it makes the game so much better that i'd probably call it the best mod out there for Attila, good job and BIG thumbs up!
    That's nonsense There are bigger and better works such as Radious Total Mod, Fall of the Eagles or Agressive CAI mod. This mod is just their little step brother

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Quote Originally Posted by dmboss View Post
    That's nonsense There are bigger and better works such as Radious Total Mod, Fall of the Eagles or Agressive CAI mod. This mod is just their little step brother
    Not for me my friend, I could play this mod and no other mods and be fine. It's a kind of mod that I was looking for since day 1. Radious and the other ones are good yes, but this mod have become the spine for them. The game at it's current state isn't very good without it, imo .

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kmalkin View Post
    Not for me my friend, I could play this mod and no other mods and be fine. It's a kind of mod that I was looking for since day 1. Radious and the other ones are good yes, but this mod have become the spine for them. The game at it's current state isn't very good without it, imo .
    Then enjoy it well

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Does 12tpy version include appropriate Attila spawn date/other events?

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    Does 12tpy version include appropriate Attila spawn date/other events?
    Yes. And also climate change, army/navy movement, building and research times.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

It's really weird. Even if I use only this mod and nothing else the game always messes up on the WRE. If I start a campaign as them I get a ctd. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    It's really weird. Even if I use only this mod and nothing else the game always messes up on the WRE. If I start a campaign as them I get a ctd. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
    Which version of Imperialem are you using? 1st ,2nd ,3rd ,4th ,5th or 6th? Are you using the latest update?

EDIT: I just tried to start a campaign as WRE and it works as usual. I tried all six versions one by one and all work well. Make sure your data folder is clean of other mods in movie format which don't show up in the launcher.

Maybe, re-download it.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 19, 2015 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

dmboss, I thought Imperialem Economiae was freaking awesome couple days ago, now I think something else....................... It is the Attila's best mod !

I downloaded the update this morning and I only went out for some pizza. I played Attila with Imperialem Economiae and Radious Mod whole day. I won't get my college degree because of this mod

Quote Originally Posted by dmboss View Post
    Dont devalue your own hard work mate, the mod itself is gold, keep polish this mod
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for your support, but your kind words are too good for me

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Mate i found several issue regarding this mod
    - as you realize or not, the poorer the faction the faster they migrate.
    - when the AI migrate for example since the upkeep is quite high, i wonder how their actual money
    - In order to create balance, at least dont force poor faction into very poor, even sligh bonus is better then none,you know the AI is quite flawed design from Vanilla so any extra help is more welcome. I agree if player get 1 for bonus, but for AI, not every AI born rich, some of them is born poor.

That all i think
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 20, 2015 at 06:03 AM.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Mate i found several issue regarding this mod
    - as you realize or not, the poorer the faction the faster they migrate.
    - when the AI migrate for example since the upkeep is quite low, i wonder how their actual money

That all i think
    I just posted my opinion in your thread ping-pong game indeed . As I said, in the latest Imperialem update the overall economy improved. My income as Franks 10 turns from start jumped from -1100 to +500. The AI will definitelly not migrate now if not even prosper.

EDIT: not +1500 but +500. The Franks are not yet a powerhouse , but still an improvement.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 20, 2015 at 06:11 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Glad to hear it mate, at least its should keep AI not migrating

Well i've red the thread twice and i still did not completely understand what that mod does.
    I've tried it in my Saxon campaign (250 turn) and my income jumped from 20K to 50K.

Could you please explain?

I too have been playing with the Franks, started new game yesterday using 12 turn per year and small roman help. Starting economy was not so bad, disbanding a few units and doing some sacking put me in the correct path. Didnt have much time to play, but did see the vandals being wiped out. Im allied with most neighbooring german factions, that helps, and some times the romans invade with at least two full stacks, so its a challenge.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
    I too have been playing with the Franks, started new game yesterday using 12 turn per year and small roman help. Starting economy was not so bad, disbanding a few units and doing some sacking put me in the correct path. Didnt have much time to play, but did see the vandals being wiped out. Im allied with most neighbooring german factions, that helps, and some times the romans invade with at least two full stacks, so its a challenge.
    Could you please send me your latest savegame for testing purposes?

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video