Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperiales Śconomić (Main Thread) Update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - 28.03.15 8:20 AM GMT -6

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 15.03.15 06:00 PM GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by dmboss View Post
    Question: Why would want to you upload my mod???
    I wanted to give it a try and I downloaded it but there was no png file when I went to upload it to the launcher.

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 15.03.15 06:00 PM GMT -6)

plus that is what my computer is telling me anyway..

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Ehm, you don't need to update anything, that feature is useful only if you MAKE something on your own to share it with other people through the Steam Workshop, but they haven't released Workshop for Attila yet.

Anyway, don't try to upload it, it won't make any difference in the game. Just check it (enable) and play, nothing else to consider.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Last update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - March 28th 8:20 AM (GMT -6)

Ehm, you don't need to update anything, that feature is useful only if you MAKE something on your own to share it with other people through the Steam Workshop, but they haven't released Workshop for Attila yet.

Anyway, don't try to upload it, it won't make any difference in the game. Just check it (enable) and play, nothing else to consider.
    Okay thanks for clearing that up. I will keep that in mind. Again much appreciated.

You need to make this mod for the AI only. Since it's directly affecting the player, its making the late game exceptionally easy.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    You need to make this mod for the AI only. Since it's directly affecting the player, its making the late game exceptionally easy.
    That's not true, it's balanced for the AI and for the player. Actually the game won't get any easier later, because I made all features to be corresponding to what level you're on. I have no idea how you can say this, definitelly because I'm sure you haven't got to the late game with this mod yet. I did (sort of) get to a turn 160 this evening playing as Franks and I assure you if I was playing vanilla, I'd have 5 times as much cities as I have now, actually it's a miracle I'm still alive, coz last couple of turns Romans took my three cities, making my kingdom half the size it was before.

I'm playing a second campaign simoultaneously as Ostrogoths and after 40 turns since start I managed to take Rome and I'm still only defending it eventhough it's been like another 40 turns since I took it.

Trust me, it's HARD and if I manage to make my land bigger and armies better, the AI will be still one or two steps ahead.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

That's not true, it's balanced for the AI and for the player. Actually the game won't get any easier later, because I made all features to be corresponding to what level you're on. I have no idea how you can say this, definitelly because I'm sure you haven't got to the late game with this mod yet. I did (sort of) get to a turn 160 this evening playing as Franks and I assure you if I was playing vanilla, I'd have 5 times as much cities as I have now, actually it's a miracle I'm still alive, coz last couple of turns Romans took my three cities, making my kingdom half the size it was before.

I'm playing a second campaign simoultaneously as Ostrogoths and after 40 turns since start I managed to take Rome and I'm still only defending it eventhough it's been like another 40 turns since I took it.

Trust me, it's HARD and if I manage to make my land bigger and armies better, the AI will be still one or two steps ahead.
    Well I suppose it depends what faction you are playing as. I certainly like the nature of this mod because I hated how crap the WRE was, and I also hated how the AI was able to stack spam when it only had a few towns left (looking at the ERE and Persia here mainly). My worry is that you may have swapped one artificial problem with another by inverting the issue - now instead of large Empires such as WRE being underpowered and smaller states being overpowered, now smaller factions will be underpowered and larger factions will be overpowered.

Certainly however, I feel like this is the the route to go down, though maybe it should be balanced so that factions don't actually start with negative income. Perhaps this is because personally I'm looking for a mod which is authentic and fair (definitely not easy to achieve I know) instead of just a "hard" campaign where some factions have wild advantages which turn out to be more annoying than anything else - I could of course get that by playing on legendary mode.

Still enjoying it so far however.
    Last edited by Cope; March 16, 2015 at 09:57 PM.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Well I suppose it depends what faction you are playing as. I certainly like the nature of this mod because I hated how crap the WRE was, and I also hated how the AI was able to stack spam when it only had a few towns left (looking at the ERE and Persia here mainly). My worry is that you may have swapped one artificial problem with another by inverting the issue - now instead of large Empires such as WRE being underpowered and smaller states being overpowered, now smaller factions will be underpowered and larger factions will be overpowered.

Certainly however, I feel like this is the the route to go down, though maybe it should be balanced so that factions don't actually start with negative income. Perhaps this is because personally I'm looking for a mod which is authentic and fair (definitely not easy to achieve I know) instead of just a "hard" campaign where some factions have wild advantages which turn out to be more annoying than anything else - I could of course get that by playing on legendary mode.

I understand. Still don't think there is a problem. WRE starts stronger than barbarians, but once they unite against WRE, Romans are going to be in a lot of trouble. Imperialem doesn't help stronger factions, it only gives them some time to balance their economy and stand a proper defensive position. Yes you can choose a version that helps Romans, but still it only prevents destroying half the WRE in first 5-10 turns...
    Last edited by dmboss; March 17, 2015 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Hey dmboss, just a heads up, your "Standard Version" also has 12 TPY.

Nice work on the mod, interested to see how borders develop now!

I agree with this. IMHO, The amount of extra money you get from going up in imperium level as large empires is OP vs other factions. My Imperium goes up real fast as ERE and Sassanids. Each turn I beat them by will add an extra ~4000. If invested wisely as ERE this can translate into an extra army or two by year 400.

I enjoy your mod as small factions, I just think larger empires imperium jumps need to be nerfed or slowed down.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I agree with this. IMHO, The amount of extra money you get from going up in imperium level as large empires is OP vs other factions. My Imperium goes up real fast as ERE and Sassanids. Each turn I beat them by will add an extra ~4000. If invested wisely as ERE this can translate into an extra army or two by year 400.

I enjoy your mod as small factions, I just think larger empires imperium jumps need to be nerfed or slowed down.
    He's already made some graphs! He can't turn back now! :p

But anyways let's be serious. It's impossible to account for player actions; the player is going to be OP regardless of changes. The mod (I believe anyways) was made with the idea of aiding the AI Roman Empires and slowing down the barbarians/hordes. To delay the inevitable, which so far has succeeded grandly.

If WRE/ERE don't even start Imp-5+ maybe it could be changed %10 decrements? (5-90%,6-80%,7-70%) because a) I don't think we'll ever see an AI reach Imp-5+ levels of big. (Unless they like that) and b) these are really only benefits that players will reach.
    Last edited by MajorPager; March 17, 2015 at 11:09 AM.

Hi dmboss, I was wandering, is this mod compatible with unit mods, especially Radious Units? I'm planing on starting new playthrough soon with Radious mod and units, so I'd really like too know should I use 'em units or not.

P.S. And any chance that if it's not compatible, for a compatible version?

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post
    Hi dmboss, I was wandering, is this mod compatible with unit mods, especially Radious Units? I'm planing on starting new playthrough soon with Radious mod and units, so I'd really like too know should I use 'em units or not.

P.S. And any chance that if it's not compatible, for a compatible version?
    Yes it's definitelly compatible, don't worry.

I'm playing with Fall of the Eagles and there are no compatbility issue what so ever, so feel free to use practically anything, as long as you keep this mod above anything else in the mod manager, but I already said that like bazilion times

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Yes it's definitelly compatible, don't worry.

I'm playing with Fall of the Eagles and there are no compatbility issue what so ever, so feel free to use practically anything, as long as you keep this mod above anything else in the mod manager, but I already said that like bazilion times
    Thats great, thanks for reply!

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 17.03.15 12:50 PM GMT -6)

UPDATE

+ Further tweaked (increased) imperium level thresholds for 5-7 levels and raised player/AI threshold ratio from 1.1 to 1.15 (the player has it more difficult than the AI)

So it's increasingly harder to get to the 5th, 6th and 7th level. For the player 1.15 times harder than for the AI (last versions had ratio of 1.1).

I did this change because some of you claimed getting on the higher levels is not too difficult with ERE and Sassanids.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 17.03.15 12:50 PM GMT -6)

Playing small fractions is fine and fun with your mod. Great work mate. But it is true that when u play fat dogs like sissies or RE u get money fast. Problem starts when u try to play hordes. If ie huns u cannot simply disband hordes as u can do with armies of settled nations. One horde disbanded puts you years back due to growth related mechanics. Can something be done to hordes imperium mechanics? Regards.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by rnesteruk View Post
    Playing small fractions is fine and fun with your mod. Great work mate. But it is true that when u play fat dogs like sissies or RE u get money fast. Problem starts when u try to play hordes. If ie huns u cannot simply disband hordes as u can do with armies of settled nations. One horde disbanded puts you years back due to growth related mechanics. Can something be done to hordes imperium mechanics? Regards.
    Regarding the Romans or Sassanids, the last update I uploaded recently fixes this issue. You won't level up nearly as fast with them as you could before the last update.

Regarding the hordes, I'll take a look at it and maybe tweak some of additional tables. Actually I did pretty well with Ostrogoths, managed to take Rome, but still pretty hard I agree.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 17.03.15 02:25 PM GMT -6)

TODAY'S 2nd UPDATE:

+ Further tweaked (increased) imperium level thresholds for 5-7 levels and raised player/AI threshold ratio from 1.1 to 1.15 (the player has it more difficult than the AI).
    So it's increasingly harder to get to the 5th, 6th and 7th level. For the player 1.15 times harder than for the AI (last versions had ratio of 1.1).
    I did this change because some of you claimed getting on the higher levels is not too difficult with ERE and Sassanids.

+ Hordes now have -50% discount on non-mercenary unit upkeep when encamped. This allows them to keep up with the non-hordic nations.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 17.03.15 02:25 PM GMT -6)

Here's a sugestion:

keep the current upkeep line, meaning the higher the imperium, the cheaper it is to maintain a unit, but invert unit cost, so at lower imperium its actually cheap to build those primitive units you start with and you get to make a large enough army to sack some cities, then disband due to lack of gold, save some, and build again for more raiding. While higher imperium units get much more expensive to build, so larger empires may be able to maintain larger number of armies, but they will suffer to replace lost troops. Recruitment slots dont need to be affected by imperium in my opinion, the system I like best is one slot per each city in a region, but dont know how that works now with the hordes and stuff.

I like the upkeep discount idea when encamped, why not lower versions for when garrisoned or fortified (for everyone)?