Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperiales Śconomić (Main Thread) Update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - 28.03.15 8:20 AM GMT -6

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (14.03.15 10:51 AM GMT -6)

I won't get mad

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Last update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - March 28th 8:20 AM (GMT -6)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey dmboss, while fiddling with my edited version I did notice something you might not have noticed.

Currently with the effect_keys you chose, Mercenaries cost 200% more, not just 100% more. You're going to want to change the following effect keys to get 100% extra normal unit upkeep/recruitment and 100% extra Mercenary upkeep/recruitment. As with your current keys the increase is stacking.

Change;

att_effect_force_all_campaign_upkeep to att_effect_force_all_campaign_upkeep_costs_non_mercenary

and

att_effect_force_all_campaign_recruitment_cost to att_effect_force_all_campaign_recruitment_cost_non_mercenary

That should fix the mercenary/non-mercenary costs from overlapping.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Hey dmboss, while fiddling with my edited version I did notice something you might not have noticed.

Currently with the effect_keys you chose, Mercenaries cost 200% more, not just 100% more. You're going to want to change the following effect keys to get 100% extra normal unit upkeep/recruitment and 100% extra Mercenary upkeep/recruitment. As with your current keys the increase is stacking.

Change;

att_effect_force_all_campaign_upkeep to att_effect_force_all_campaign_upkeep_costs_non_mercenary

and

att_effect_force_all_campaign_recruitment_cost to att_effect_force_all_campaign_recruitment_cost_non_mercenary

That should fix the mercenary/non-mercenary costs from overlapping.
    Actually I have thought about this, but the in-game increase is exactly two times higher than default. I mean a merc unit of 75 now costs 150 (some germanic pikes). So I don't see any overlapping, but I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

EDIT: Also as you can see in the latest version also have tweaked imperium level thresholds, as you suggested it shouldn't be too easy to get to the next level just by researching. Thanks for that suggestion as well.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 14, 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

QUICKFIX UPLOADED

I had to upload a fixed version because of some overlapping keys in db. It's related with mercenary costs and upkeeps. For this finding I have to thank user Remo, gj.

So download newer version and continue your campaign for this quickfix is savegame compatible.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Quote Originally Posted by dmboss View Post
    Actually I have thought about this, but the in-game increase is exactly two times higher than default. I mean a merc unit of 75 now costs 150 (some germanic pikes). So I don't see any overlapping, but I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

EDIT: Also as you can see I the latest version also have tweaked imperium level thresholds, as you suggested it shouldn't be too easy to get to the next level just by researching. Thanks for that suggestion as well.
    Yea tweaking the imperium levels is pretty tough. Getting it just right where Western Romans are at a acceptable starting imperium level while others are just starting out to give that great challenge took time for me. Here are my numbers just incase you want to mess around and compare:

This puts Western Romans at Impressive, and Eastern Romans/Sassanids at Noteworthy.
    Last edited by Remo; March 14, 2015 at 03:56 PM.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Yea tweaking the imperium levels is pretty tough. Getting it just right where Western Romans are at a acceptable starting imperium level while others are just starting out to give that great challenge took time for me. Here are my numbers just incase you want to mess around and compare:

This puts Western Romans at Impressive, and Eastern Romans/Sassanids at Noteworthy.
    No offence, but I've chosen those numbers to correspond with the values of number of armies per imperium level as well as upkeep and recruitment effects - their increase is exponential and I want to keep them matched as much as possible. To make Romans (Sassanids are fine) a bit stronger I actually went a bit different path:

Now you can choose between TWO versions:

Choose only one:

(1st) Standard version

or

(2nd)
    Version with Roman help - This version is the same as Standard, but also includes a little help to the both Roman empires - Doubles their garrison.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 15, 2015 at 07:07 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

No offence, but I've chosen those numbers to correspond with the values of number of armies per imperium level as well as upkeep and recruitment effects - their increase is exponential and I want to keep them matched as much as possible.

No problem, your changes are quite nice.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Three versions - 14.03.15 07:20 PM GMT -6)

ANOTHER UPDATE - ADDED THIRD VERSION:

Choose only one of the three versions:

(1st) Standard version

or

(2nd) Version with Roman help - This version is the same as Standard, but also includes a little help to the both Roman empires - Doubles their garrison.

or

(3rd) Version with Roman extra help - This version is the same as Standard, but also includes a mediocre help to the both Roman empires - Doubles their garrison and gives them a couple of already researched technologies (to ditch Cohors as they're obsolete and stuff) and little bit of extra money at start (8000 -> 20000). I highly recommend this version if you're playing against Romans.

!!! This version modifies startpos, so it's not compatible with mods such as Turns per year. Also technology changes to the Romans require a new campaign, otherwise use the Version with Roman help.
    Last edited by dmboss; March 15, 2015 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Three versions - 14.03.15 07:20 PM GMT -6)

The third version looks awesome! Would you also make 4th version with 12 turns per year because it's not nompatible with that mod?

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions - 15.03.15 06:00 PM GMT -6)

TODAY'S UPDATE:

THREE MORE VERSIONS!

Breathe slowly and choose only one of the six versions:

(1st) Standard version

-----------------------------------------------------------

(2nd) Version with Roman help

This version is the same as Standard, but also includes a little help to the both Roman empires - Doubles their garrison.

(3rd) Version with Roman extra help

This version is the same as Standard, but also includes a mediocre help to the both Roman empires - Doubles their garrison and gives them a couple of already researched technologies (to ditch Cohors as they're obsolete and stuff) and little bit of extra money at start (8000 -> 20000).

This version modifies startpos, so it's not compatible with mods such as Turns per year. Also technology changes to the Romans require a new campaign.

(4th) Standard version with 12 turns per year

This version is the same as Standard, but also includes a 12 turns per year feature - this also means all army/navy movement range is reduced and building construction and technology research times increased.

This version also modifies startpos. Also technology changes to the Romans and 12 turns per year require a new campaign.

(5th) Version with Roman help and 12 turns per year

This version is the same as 2nd version, but also includes a 12 turns per year feature - this also means all army/navy movement range is reduced and building construction and technology research times increased.

This version also modifies startpos. Also technology changes to the Romans and 12 turns per year require a new campaign.

(6th) Version with Roman extra help and 12 turns per year

This version is the same as 3rd version, but also includes a 12 turns per year feature - this also means all army/navy movement range is reduced and building construction and technology research times increased.

I highly recommend this version if you're playing against Romans.

Last edited by dmboss; March 15, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 15.03.15 06:00 PM GMT -6)

Hey , havent tried this mod yet but i have one question:does it kind of change the way hordes will be played?

miTo82's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Imperialem Śconomić (Six versions: Roman help, 12TPY and more - 15.03.15 06:00 PM GMT -6)

I tried out this mod yesterday (the standard version [1st version] in combination with FotE and some additional reskin mods) and… uh, wow.

Normally I play on very hard, but yesterday I started a new campaign with your mod on hard with the Allemans. And it was the most challenging campaign start I ever had! I had to load a savegame sometimes to get a couple of rounds back, because I made some wrong decisions in the past, but I liked it!

Especially in the beginning with imperium level 1-2 it was really hard. But I never had the feeling something its “unfair”, illogical or not comprehensible. It was just a pure, hard and challenging hell of a campaign. I had to fight all the battles by myself (what I normally do not that often) and after every military victory I felt very satisfied, but with the thought in my head that I have lost some important defense for my little kingdom. And mostly I was a little bit “scared” because I knew, that every time when my stronger neighbors would attack me, I will be defeated!

This mod is so simple, but brings up the game experience to an new level! Well done buddy =)

Edit: I have one more question:
    In the opener you say, that you play with these mods:
    + Imperialem Œconomić
    + Fall of The Eagles
    + More Aggressive CAI

Is this the correct loading order in mod manager? If not, in which order should these three mods be loaded?
    Last edited by miTo82; March 16, 2015 at 05:06 AM.

Your mod sounds amazing. I'll try it very soon.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

For some reason when I use this the game freezes on the WRE turn every time and I have to ctrl alt del and sign out of windows. I don't seem to be using anything that other people haven't mentioned in this thread.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    I tried out this mod yesterday (the standard version [1st version] in combination with FotE and some additional reskin mods) and… uh, wow.

Normally I play on very hard, but yesterday I started a new campaign with your mod on hard with the Allemans. And it was the most challenging campaign start I ever had! I had to load a savegame sometimes to get a couple of rounds back, because I made some wrong decisions in the past, but I liked it!

Especially in the beginning with imperium level 1-2 it was really hard. But I never had the feeling something its “unfair”, illogical or not comprehensible. It was just a pure, hard and challenging hell of a campaign. I had to fight all the battles by myself (what I normally do not that often) and after every military victory I felt very satisfied, but with the thought in my head that I have lost some important defense for my little kingdom. And mostly I was a little bit “scared” because I knew, that every time when my stronger neighbors would attack me, I will be defeated!

This mod is so simple, but brings up the game experience to an new level! Well done buddy =)

Edit: I have one more question:
    In the opener you say, that you play with these mods:
    + Imperialem Œconomić
    + Fall of The Eagles
    + More Aggressive CAI

Is this the correct loading order in mod manager? If not, in which order should these three mods be loaded?
    Yes, You ALWAYS want to have the Imperialem Œconomić above anything else. You can check if it's working when you're on first imperium level and can have only 1 army and also your income is negative or very low.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    For some reason when I use this the game freezes on the WRE turn every time and I have to ctrl alt del and sign out of windows. I don't seem to be using anything that other people haven't mentioned in this thread.
    What version? What other mods are you using?

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

What version? What other mods are you using?
    The significant mods that I'm using are DeI, the Army Buff mod, the RSG mini overhaul, aggressive AI. The rest are just tiny tweaks that wouldn't be affecting anything.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    The significant mods that I'm using are DeI, the Army Buff mod, the RSG mini overhaul, aggressive AI. The rest are just tiny tweaks that wouldn't be affecting anything.
    There must be some kind of a confilct. I've seen this kind of conflict when stacking mods with custom table naming. It's not a mistake or something, but what i would do is I'd try one mod plus Imperialem at the time.

Also, specificatelly what version of Imperialem are you using? Maybe there is a conflict with startpos of another mod.

And one suggestion: This mod (Imperialem) is really the opposite of Army Buff, I'm just sayin'.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Do you have a png file for this.. mod manager won't let me upload it with out it. (Damn steam)

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw8908 View Post
    Do you have a png file for this.. mod manager won't let me upload it with out it. (Damn steam)
    Question: Why would want to you upload my mod???

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video