Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    I think warhammer would work better as an RTS personally
    Warhammer has always worked as a total war type of game. You never recruit units in it. You don't have resource collecting. You choose your your army at the start. You put them in position. And fight with tactics.

It is THE total war game.

Gratulations CA! Total War: Warhammer will be great!

I really thought it has been much more time... i was pretty sure, that i played TW in the '90 already .. need to clean that place between hair and nose up, i guess.

When our fellow russian TW bros gave us the Warhammer mod, i was more than impressed, truly thankful and had a lot of fun with it. Even tho, i was ashamed by the treatment this community gave them back. Srsly, you guys nearly made me vomit (sigh!).
    Anyway, this mod is CA's set of the bar. And they know it. Hell, if they just copy it, i would gladly give them my money! Total War and the Warhammer Fantasy world are made for each other!

Dear CA, you basicly cant it up. Just... think about collision, look at Rome, take a closer look, think about collision again, convince your publisher that graphic isnt everthing and go for it!

I played Warhammer: Dark Omen and Mark of Chaos and and enjoyed these titles a lot. So, i was always wondering, why CA doesnt get there hands on it. Thought it was a money issue. So I'm pretty much looking forward to play this title... it's over the time.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; March 12, 2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: censor bypassing
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Can't wait to play as the hordes of chaos!

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

I have given up on ca, while in one way disappointed no more historical, it makes it more easy to let go. However if they end up doing a lord of the rings, i am 100% back in. Assuming the game can be modded.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    The true and only good news would be the FINAL DEATH of Warscape Engine, Fantasy or not, I can't stand anymore anymore that ****ing old disgustingly retarded damn engine!

amen.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1945 View Post
    All this hate for Warhammer makes me want to vomit. Warhammer is perfect for the Total War treatment, and to all you people decrying the "death of historically accurate TW games" all I can do is let out a hearty laugh. Total war has NEVER EVER EVER been historically accurate. Ever. With mods? Sure, vanilla? Hell no.

Then again most of the detractors are the type to start a 15 page argument over the color of the straps on Greek slingers sandals and how its historically innacurate for it to be a certain color and how the games ruined forever and CA has betrayed them so I guess its par for course.
    I don’t hate the idea that CA are going to make Warhammer in may in fact turn out to be a great game it should certainly be a visual experience however I believe that Warhammer has been under development for a long while already and it will use a slightly updated version of Warscape and that engine is not good enough to do justice to the game.

So worst case scenario same old rubbish melee except you will have a few flying dragons and some lizard men , a lack lustre campaign with no depth and a crap load of DLC that will make so much money that CA will become SEGAs Warhammer department.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

It will be the same TW experience, same mechanics and features, same engine, 32 bit, twenty unit stacks, nice fantasy campaign map and the TWR2 rock paper scissor battles basically an excuse to play Total War: dress up with ooodles of costumey DLC. Maybe you'll be able to "customize" your heroes with special outfits and make up and all that, like you would if you like to buy and paint fantasy miniatures.

p.s. only a fantasy fan would think historical gamers want to play WWI or WWII with twenty unit stacks.
    Last edited by Huberto; March 12, 2015 at 07:09 AM.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

10 years of CA for me. When they're going fantasy it'll be over for me though.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Come on stop confusing people! Show me a quote of an official CA member who confirmed for 100% Total War Warhammer is the next TW game?
    Anyone?
    That thread on TWC with screens from book is nothing more than desire or possible next game!
    And, please, think logically. To create such game as Warhammer CA needs new engine. Moreover fantasy game style is not what they are doing, they are working on history-accurate games. I'd like to see Medieval III more than fantasy game even if it's lord of the rings. Why? Because developers won't make it as good as players need. Better let CA release more modding tools for Attila or upcoming old-style new game with more modding tools instead of creating new engine for only one possible fantasy game. So modders can bring you all fantasy overhaul mods in one: lotr, warhammer, game of thrones and so on.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; March 12, 2015 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    And, please, think logically. To create such game as Warhammer CA needs new engine. Moreover fantasy game style is not what they are doing, they are working on history-accurate games. I'd like to see Medieval III more than fantasy game even if it's lord of the rings. Why? Because developers won't make it as good as players need. Better let CA release more modding tools for Attila or upcoming old-style new game with more modding tools instead of creating new engine for only one possible fantasy game. So modders can bring you all fantasy overhaul mods in one: lotr, warhammer, game of thrones and so on.
    There's no chance it's not Warhammer. Keep in mind that we already know CA has bought the rights to make a Warhammer game and also, iirc, back in 2013, a fan took a pic from one of CA's Rome II videos, where you could see that one of the games they were working was Total War: Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Mahendra Maurya View Post
    Make a piece on trench warfare, plz!!!!

Okay.

Actually no trenches

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Okay, have found this recruitment link and now i see, warhammer is coming.. unfortunely im not familiar with that universe so i will stay neutral considering its good or not.

I also see this game more like total war battles : kingdoms. But the better way to have it as attila with adapted engine
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; March 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: dp/merged

I've been with Total War since the first Shogun, but I think I'm going to sit the fantasy one out. It's nice in a way they are getting out of their convert zone and maybe attracting new player, but as Boogie Knight put it "I don't think I could be any less interested in Warhammer if I tried."

I'm worried the TW team might pull a full History Channel and become a shell of their former self, lets just hope the next-next game sees them go back to their roots, preferably to a time period they haven't covered, although honestly I'd be more likely to be Shogun Total War 3 over anything fantasy.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Turumba View Post
    Gratulations CA! Total War: Warhammer will be great!

I really thought it has been much more time... i was pretty sure, that i played TW in the '90 already .. need to clean that place between hair and nose up, i guess.

When our fellow russian TW bros gave us the Warhammer mod, i was more than impressed, truly thankful and had a lot of fun with it. Even tho, i was ashamed by the treatment this community gave them back. Srsly, you guys nearly made me vomit (sigh!).
    Anyway, this mod is CA's set of the bar. And they know it. Hell, if they just copy it, i would gladly give them my money! Total War and the Warhammer Fantasy world are made for each other!

Dear CA, you basicly cant it up. Just... think about collision, look at Rome, take a closer look, think about collision again, convince your publisher that graphic isnt everthing and go for it!

I played Warhammer: Dark Omen and Mark of Chaos and and enjoyed these titles a lot. So, i was always wondering, why CA doesnt get there hands on it. Thought it was a money issue. So I'm pretty much looking forward to play this title... it's over the time.
    ^this

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Mahendra Maurya View Post
    Make a piece on trench warfare, plz!!!!

Dear fan, please play the 4 recent TW games and try to tatically position your units at the top of walls or in buildings (Napoleon). Think about how it would turn out in trenches - Think over about usage of trenches again based on this engine, please. Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; March 12, 2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: continuity
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    I have given up on ca, while in one way disappointed no more historical, it makes it more easy to let go. However if they end up doing a lord of the rings, i am 100% back in. Assuming the game can be modded.
    Just because CA is making a fantasy title, doesn't mean they won't continue to make historical based games. Also it doesn't make sense that you'd actually stop following Total War game due to Warhammer (fantasy), but immediately jump back in the boat if it was LOTR (fantasy). What a dumb and hypocritical statement. If you want LOTR so bad, pray CA makes it or get the M2 mod.

Why is everyone so upset about this? CA games have always had mystical/fantasy elements to it. Look at the Arcani, the phaoroh units in RTW, the hero and special units of S2. Spartan Total War was based on mythology. CA games have always had some looseness with history. If you want something super serious, go play Europa Barbarorum.

I have also been playing Total War since the first Rome and Shogun and i love how the Total War series reenacts historical time periods. Allthough many have been covered there are still many left like for instance the American war of independence, American war North versus South or Empire 2, ww1(trench warfare), ww2 or even 20000BC (Dino style). Fantasy wise you could still have forgotten kingdoms, future warfare, global warfare (since most lack an actual world domination style) or perhaps some other total war fantasy's with knights, trolls and dragon's. However if i want to play WarHammer, i would go and play WarHammer not Total War. Total War is it's own unique style of game and they should remain loyal to it, not start adopting from other games.
    Last edited by Damios; March 12, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Whiners whiners whiners.

We just got Attila, which is clearly poised to be the best total war game ever made and with mods will probably be relevant for a decade or more.

Warhammer will be a different franchise even if its marketed using the Total War name. They aren't doing one or the other, they're doing both. Creative Assembly isn't some Indie Developer. They can make more than one game at a time especially if they share a lot.

Warhammer is a gritty dark fantasy set in a high fantasy renaissance. It's about regiments of infantry, cavalry, and artillery smashing into each other just like a total war game. Instead of elephants you have dinosaurs and giant demons but its still a tactical strategy game. The only real addition would be flying units.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; March 12, 2015 at 01:16 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

True they could, but won't. however we all know that it takes them so much time to release another Total War game. So if the next release is Total War: Warhammer, then the next normal Total War game is twice the time frame. They won't release two Total Wars at the same time ever, marketing wise that's not even smart. So in other words us Total War fans would need to make room for WarHammer fans.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

They put out a game or expansion like every year, at most two dude. If anything there's too much turn over.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    We just got Attila, which is clearly poised to be the best total war game ever made
    Ever heard of Medieval 2? It has two settlement types, lots of building slots, proper formation-based warfare, a decent unit mass and collision system, secondary weapon stats, climate influencing stamina, no DLC whoring, excellent modding capabilities, Jeff can Dyck's music, working sieges without gate hacking or exploding towers, battlefield maps that reflect your position on the campaign map etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    and with mods will probably be relevant for a decade or more.
    According to CA, improving the campaign map is impossible -> no total conversions, no historically accurate maps. Great starting conditions for modding.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai