Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 15 Years of Total War & Rezzed

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    +1
    I imagine to cut down on workload they will reuse a huge amount of R2, Attila, and Empire assets for stuff like ambient sounds, cannons, fire and only make the more fantastical stuff from scratch.

I'm in a weird situation and am wondering how many are of a similar mind.

I love history. I love the Total War games. It is one of my favorite game franchises.

I love fantasy. TES is one of my favorite game franchises. Really pumped for the upcoming Witcher game.

The obvious reaction to a fantasy TW game is...I'm not happy. Not at all.
    I play total war games to satisfy my interest in historical warfare.

To continue the food analogy, it is fine to enjoy pork chops and also enjoy pizza. By all means, eat both. But I do not want to walk into a pizzeria and order pizza only to hear "sorry, we are not selling pizza, only pork chops"
    Yeah, I reversed the roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard III View Post
    How realistic do you guys think it is for the new title to use a new Engine?
    A new engine would be a major marketing point to this audience, so we should know as soon as they start officially promoting the game as it's likely the first question any games journalist or publication that's in touch with the community would ask. PC gamers in general tend to care more about things like engines anyways.

That being said, I think Total Warhammer will still be on warscape. There's the leak that was mentioned, and the overall attitude of squeezing every last drop out of warscape - Warhammer should be warscape's last dying gasp. Plus the possibility that doing a new concept with new tools might be scarier than doing a new concept with old tools. Maybe they're hoping that the novelty of what they're doing will distract us from what's going on behind the scenes if it's good enough?

I will be extremely disappointed if their next full Total War after Warhammer will be on warscape, though. Windows 10 will be a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8 users - now is a perfect time to build a new 64-bit DirectX 12 engine, as dx12 is literally purpose-built to multithread better and reduce CPU overhead. From what Microsoft, Intel, and others have demoed on dx12, it seems especially well-suited to strategy games with hundreds or thousands of units (just check dx12 videos on youtube and imagine how it can apply to TW). There are many threads complaining warscape is too heavily dependent on one core. They can't just go back to their older games and make warscape dx12 compatible, I firmly believe that a new engine must be built from the ground up incorporating dx12.

15 years with Total War and CA still cant fix the AI and manage to balance the game.....bravo...

But hey, lets keep on track and focus on what they do best, continuing releasing game in a terrible state...
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 29, 2015 at 12:48 AM.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Consul Livius View Post
    And here I am still waiting for a good Empire game and a good Rome total war sequel. Well I don`t know if i`m dissapointed that there won`t be a Medieval III / Empire II or extremely happy that medieval wont be screwed up.Warhammer in my opinion doesn`t work with the total war style, more like your typical RTS style but ... *sigh.Bye bye total war for the next few years I guess, back to the golden Rome 1 and Medieval II ... it`s our only options for a great total war game anyway (also Shogun 2 ... why not ).Good luck with the new title.

Mate I couldent agree more dont add fantasy to a historical series or at least make EMPIRE II first. Empire is my my favourite and should be given its sequal as it could offer so much more. The potential is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by richierich750 View Post
    The potential is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The only person that made Empire any fun was Darth...... That crappy ******* that CA first served us was, and still is the biggest disappointment in the TW series....with Rome 2 just behind.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    medieval 3 would be a welcome addition (even though I dislike this era as well!) But SEGA have firmly got there teeth into WH now with CA so that is the next title then maybe Med 3 as they will have the mechanics already set up from WH so it makes total sense from a business perspective.

Anyway where is this goddam poll so we can see what the TW fans really want as a game???
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ally-confirmed!

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Today feels like the day they will announce Warhammer.

Just to stay as annoyingly opaque as possible.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

You all should be ashamed of yourselves, bickering like children over a product that's not yours to influence.

Please, have some self-respect, act like the adults I can only assume you are, and suck it up.

If you don't like it don't buy it and deal with it, your day WILL come, even if it takes a little longer.

If you do like it, buy it and cheer, but DON'T try to influence or "convert" others who simply do not share your opinions!

We are all part of this community, we cannot hope for any tangible progress when we are having a schism!

Please at least consider my words and just remember we are all connected via our obvious enjoyment of current and/or past Total War titles, however varied those enjoyments are.

how hasn't this thread died just leave WH alone it did nothing to harm history it just took inspiration i created some Race in a game called spore they were the night raves they took inspirations from the real world such as believing in gods using advanced technology and also cursing people and doing stuff such as the black plague and they had a republic like the romans then became the empire there emperor died and then another one appeared like after cesars death sorry for my spelling know let's just all enjoy the upcoming games and lock this thread.