Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER 6.3 [DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION]

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER 6.1 [DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION]

clean install needed?or i install above 6?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Both methods are correct.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

And before the coming of the new year! Can you please give more info about the stratigic changes for the campaigns? Good thing the better garrison thing, hope they stay strong and for once have a bug free late campaign.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    And before the coming of the new year! Can you please give more info about the stratigic changes for the campaigns? Good thing the better garrison thing, hope they stay strong and for once have a bug free late campaign.
    I showed them in screenshots some time ago.

Lordsith, thanks for continuing your development of this fascinating mod. I have a question regarding your new 6.1 version - why deciding to let infantry have only 2 bullets? There are no more prolonged firefights but everything evolves into melee. I remember by reading a book about the epoch that soldiers carried enough powder and bullets for 60 rounds.

Your implementation of at least 2 turns for recruiting most units is commendable and to my liking.

Great work!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    Lordsith, thanks for continuing your development of this fascinating mod. I have a question regarding your new 6.1 version - why deciding to let infantry have only 2 bullets? There are no more prolonged firefights but everything evolves into melee. I remember by reading a book about the epoch that soldiers carried enough powder and bullets for 60 rounds.

Your implementation of at least 2 turns for recruiting most units is commendable and to my liking.
    I did it like in movies, after 2-3 shots, infantries go to melee

Patrician

In strategic changes (except the garrisons changes), what i remember:
    Ships movement decreased as in vanilla.
    Upkeep and construction time of ships increased.
    All land units now recruited in 2 turns.
    Last edited by Lordsith; December 30, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Clean installed game ID 6.1 and UPDATED VDM 2.2 with most of the game settings
    I recieve a strange message when i start a new campaign "your turn has gone out of time" and turn ends then ai starts and keeps looping the same message without letting me play.It happened with different nation campaigns
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; December 30, 2018 at 02:44 PM.

Thank you for this unbelievebel mod. Wish you work for the creative assembly, because they dont understand what is the right thing.

From Wikipedia
    ==Cavalry==

Cavalry played a smaller role in British armies than other European armies of the same era. Britain possessed no armoured Cuirassiers or Heavy cavalry. British doctrine tended to favour the use of medium cavalry, and light dragoons. The cavalry establishment consisted of three regiments of Household Cavalry, seven regiments of Dragoon Guards and six regiments of Light Dragoons. Several hundred officers and enlisted men of cavalry regiments which remained stationed in Britain volunteered for service in America and transferred to infantry regiments.

Because of the logistical limitations of campaigning in North America, cavalry played a limited role in the war.<ref>Swisher (2007), p. 156</ref> The transport of horses by ship was extremely difficult. Most of the horses died during the long journey and the ones that survived usually required several weeks to recuperate on landing. The British army primarily adopted small numbers of light dragoons who worked as scouts and were used extensively in irregular operations. One of the most successful of these units, the [[British Legion (American Revolution)|British Legion]] combined, light cavalry and light infantry and conducted raiding operations into enemy-held territory. The lack of cavalry had great tactical implications on how the war was fought, it meant that British forces could not fully exploit their victories when out maneuvering Continental armies at battles like [[Battle of Long Island|Long Island]] and [[Battle of Brandywine|Brandywine]].<ref>Springer (2008), p. 270</ref> Without a large cavalry force to follow up the infantry, retreating American forces could often escape destruction.

In strategic changes (except the garrisons changes), what i remember:
    Ships movement decreased as in vanilla.
    Upkeep and construction time of ships increased.
    All land units now recruited in 2 turns.
    All those changes find me possitive, i have download the 6.1 but i have still a campaign ongoing from 6.0 . May i ask what was this thing with the regiments fire only 2 shots? it is leterally ammunition so little? if this is the case maybe is the only one that i would disagree.

Patrician

All those changes find me possitive, i have download the 6.1 but i have still a campaign ongoing from 6.0 . May i ask what was this thing with the regiments fire only 2 shots? it is leterally ammunition so little? if this is the case maybe is the only one that i would disagree.
    In my tests, limited ammo along with the accurate bullets the battles become much more harder than before.

hello everyone!
    something aint right for me... i cant start camapaign since it crashes after a few seconds of loading screen
    i installed some of the optional packs, the marches and changed my memory in the pref script...what could it be?

the only line i added in my userscript was the marches

and im talking about 1700 campaign btw

In my tests, limited ammo along with the accurate bullets the battles become much more harder than before.
    ok, i understand. I cant give you feedback at the moment but i believe what was well balanced and reallistic ( volley fire, extended pleasant gunfires between regiments ) now become more hardcore dificult by sacrifice realistical fights. Is it a plan to include a submod with the previous amunition ( or at least more than 2 or 3 ) and not so accuracy? All the other changes sounds into the very right direction, i would like to have this change as an option. Also. With the militias firing into volley fire ( but with worst accuracy and worst moral ) into my 2 over 350 turn campaigns with venetia and austria, the battles were a joy, dynamic and very hard. I would like to have the option with the previous ( ID 6.0 ) ammunitions and accuracy in order to have it as a base to mod all the other militias.

Vaessili's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    Hi Lordsith, happy new year and thanks for your mod. I ran few test since you released it:

Campaign work but the strategic situation is the same, no elite troop in garrison in Paris, London or Madrid. The region unrest is also bad since the start of the campaign. I can deal with that. It seems that using game option makes the game crash for me tho.

Regarding the ammo thing, it's much harder when European face each other but with the natives, it's a massacre. Natives or Indians melee troop are very strong, very mobile. You can't play outnumbered defensive and expect to win any more (which is less heroic and more accurate I guess). I do enjoy the 3 bullets, tho, for the whole campaign, siege and such, I fear I would choose auto-resolve instead of actually lead the battle. This mechanic you introduced here request a lot of micro-management if you want your musket to fire at point blank.

Thanks for the French Navy gunners and for the tremendous amount of work you put in your mod. I enjoy it a lot

Best regards.

Hi guys, I need help.
    I've recently downloaded the mod to play it (6.1v) and I think I'm doing something wrong, because when I wacth other people playing this mod they have more soldiers per unit but when I start the a campaing I have the standard vanilla numbers of the game. Is this a problem with the installation or it is another mod that makes the numbers of the units increase?
    Thanks for your time.

ok, i understand. I cant give you feedback at the moment but i believe what was well balanced and reallistic ( volley fire, extended pleasant gunfires between regiments ) now become more hardcore dificult by sacrifice realistical fights. Is it a plan to include a submod with the previous amunition ( or at least more than 2 or 3 ) and not so accuracy? All the other changes sounds into the very right direction, i would like to have this change as an option. Also. With the militias firing into volley fire ( but with worst accuracy and worst moral ) into my 2 over 350 turn campaigns with venetia and austria, the battles were a joy, dynamic and very hard. I would like to have the option with the previous ( ID 6.0 ) ammunitions and accuracy in order to have it as a base to mod all the other militias.
    Indeed, this does seem to go the wrong way. Basically only the Swedes fought like this, with only firing a few volleys and then charging into melee. It's very unrealistic for an otherwise quite realistic mod. I hope it becomes optional and not forced

Vaessili's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by didac98 View Post
    Hi guys, I need help.
    I've recently downloaded the mod to play it (6.1v) and I think I'm doing something wrong, because when I wacth other people playing this mod they have more soldiers per unit but when I start the a campaing I have the standard vanilla numbers of the game. Is this a problem with the installation or it is another mod that makes the numbers of the units increase?
    Thanks for your time.
    Hi, you have to go to your setting in the game menu, you will see an option for unit size, set it in ultra. You can also edit the "preferences.empire_script.txt", there will be a line near the top "#
    campaign_unit_multiplier 1", change the value to 1,5 or 1,75. Then it should be good.

Enjoy your campaign
    Last edited by Vaessili; December 31, 2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaessili View Post
    Hi, you have to go to your setting in the game menu, you will see a option for unit size, set it in ultra. You can also edit the "preferences.empire_script.txt", there will be a line near the top "#
    campaign_unit_multiplier 1", change the value to 1,5 or 1,75. Then it should be good.

Enjoy you campaign
    Thanks for your help, now it's perfect.
    Happy new year!