Thread: (Request) Subjugated Factions are more Loyal

Icon14 (Request) Subjugated Factions are more Loyal

Currently subjugation is useless to me in the game while every Subjugated Faction are declaring their independence instantly after the following turn.

From the historical perspective, Attila had marched to Rome with either by subjugated or allied Germanic and Slavic tribes. Attila's subjugation series were his main income too. Even Eastern Roman Empire was giving gifts to make Attila distant from her lands. But the game is very distant to this level of history.

At least I want to subjugate factions with the way of Attila and I want them to be sided with me for sometime. Only unreliable factions can betray after sometime after there is no Hunnic presence, for example. The factions with "Reliable" trait remain with me as new friends and allies.

Can we make such diplomatic change?

Thanks

P.S.: My suggestion is, maybe the diplomatic penalties after the subjugation end and all the past hostilities are erased for guaranteeing the future dependence. And subjugated faction become my ally and enemy to the enemies of me (now playing as Huns) too. This can work for every faction.

Default Re: (Request) Subjugated Factions are more Loyal

I would also love something like this as a mod

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mn...9q4u/CSTLY.zip

Right now it make client state love you whether ur reliable or not

will change that soon.

I tested it and it seems working, But not enough with only 10 point of relationship addition. This is very little.

Can you make that change not 10 points, but 100-150 points? Because there will be enemies who will be subjugated after long series of battles. After the subjugation, I want these defeated enemies to work for me as Military Allies later even. I think with your mod, it seems to be possible now.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Farwest; March 16, 2015 at 10:31 AM.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6g...LY+Updated.zip

alright changed the +10 additional to +50. Going to have to test it out

a little more to finalize this particular part

Maybe you can make some alternatives, for people who like +50, +100 or even +150. For my style of gaming, +100 would done the work for me.

Unfortunately your mod (with +50 boost to relationship) doesnt work, I gave it a try.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

you can change it yourself.

cai personality diplomatic event values tables
    find all values for vassal and client state.
    change the number to any number you want.

FYI, even 500+ green relations doesn't prevent your vassals/client states from backstabbing you. something is very wacky with the diplomacy. the vassals seems to retain it's original relations prior to becoming a puppet state of players. so if you go to war with a faction it likes, it will betray you 100%.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

well as much as they are dis-loyal to player, as much as they are loyal to their AI master. (freakin Sassanid puppets for example)

how do we solve these both.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

that is 100% up to ca. a simple change can also solve this problem. make the puppet state go to war with every enemy of the master faction. voila.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

It is only the puppet state that does this and not tributary states (as they only

pay you money for protection and not your puppets) so in theory if you turn

every puppet states into tributary states and disabled the puppet state option,

you would prob not have the Sassanids lose some/most of their clients just

cause they declared war, and you would still get ur money.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    It is only the puppet state that does this and not tributary states (as they only

pay you money for protection and not your puppets) so in theory if you turn

every puppet states into tributary states and disabled the puppet state option,

you would prob not have the Sassanids lose some/most of their clients just

cause they declared war, and you would still get ur money.
    tributary states also being jerks mate. when they've been invited by other factions or when they feel like it they will declare war immediately.

but to player only, AI vs AI they are more loyal.. (puppets / tributary, all the same)

I actually have a easy diplomacy mod, and while using the mod the vassals have never

betrayed me (for the most part). I think I can get the part where the vassals don't betray you as easily

while maintaining the diplomacy mod normal

Edit:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=438932901

the new version where the AI client should love you and not want to stab u in the back (being worked

on and will be updated with the back stabbing part)
    Last edited by Spartan999; May 07, 2015 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    I actually have a easy diplomacy mod, and while using the mod the vassals have never

betrayed me (for the most part). I think I can get the part where the vassals don't betray you as easily

while maintaining the diplomacy mod normal

Edit:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=438932901

the new version where the AI client should love you and not want to stab u in the back (being worked

on and will be updated with the back stabbing part)
    Your mod is working great! Until now, no backstabbing, I am subjugating new factions and feeling like this is the true Hunnic gameplay I have ever played until now.

(History records that Huns were in the middle with 50.000-85.000 armed warriors where there were at least 5-10 times bigger numbers of soldiers around the Hunnic army who belong to subjugated allies of Huns during the clashes aganst the Roman Empire and its allies, it was same for Roman Army as well with tributary armies supporting the main Roman army in the middle.)

Tributary states and tribes were very common in dark ages, however CA somehow didn't implement it to the game accordingly, but your mod is fixing that missing feature nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    FYI, even 500+ green relations doesn't prevent your vassals/client states from backstabbing you. something is very wacky with the diplomacy. the vassals seems to retain it's original relations prior to becoming a puppet state of players. so if you go to war with a faction it likes, it will betray you 100%.
    Not entirely true, at least when I was playing with this several patches ago. I think it depends on how much they like you vs how much they like them. I was messing around with ridiculous diplomacy bonus ratings from faction traits on new campaigns. Was trying to see if -100000 or something crazy would make them all declare war on me after first turn, and it didn't quite work out that way. But when I changed it to +77777 to starting WRE, I seemed to be able to get to join any alliance, trade rights, etc pretty much without much issues for any faction. Just had to do it in the proper order, like ceasefire, non aggression sometimes, etc. When declaring war on a faction with new allies, they all joined, regardless. When declaring war on a specific faction in an alliance, none of their allies joined the war against me - even if they really liked them. Funny bonuses

But you are right, +500 doesn't seem to what this person wants. But clearly, after a certain point how much they like you matters a heck of a lot.