Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Climate Change Mod

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Climate Change Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    In startpos folder(s) I see startpos of all campaigns but idk if they would work or not when you don't own them.
    if you ahve all faction dlcs and send me your startpos then they will work for others also

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

No I don't, but still have the startpos of all in here, somehow.
    D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data\campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    This doesnt work with the new patch because i havent updated it.

The reason i havent updated it is that i dont own all the dlc which means that if i use my starpos to make this mod then those who have the dlc's that i dont have wont be able to play with those unlocked factions with my startpos.
    I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work this way. Maybe the DLC factions were locked in the startpos file in Rome 2, but I don't think it's like that in Attila. My building mod does almost the same thing as this mod (using your fertility levels tables, just with some regions adjusted further), and I've been able to update the startpos for it without issue, despite only owning the Viking DLC. No one has reported problems playing as other DLC factions. Could be I'm wrong, and it would be great if someone could prove it either way, but I won't be able to confirm anything until I get around to actually buying the DLC...

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    In startpos folder(s) I see startpos of all campaigns but idk if they would work or not when you don't own them.
    As far as I know, the only DLC that actually downloads a new file is the Blood DLC. The rest are already in your game files, but locked until you buy them. I don't own either campaign DLC, but I've been able to mod them - the problem is just that I can't test any of my changes, so I haven't done much with them. For this mod, I don't think it matters, since both the campaign DLCs have 10 fertility levels already.

Just wanted to know if the mod is updated/will be updated, would really like to start a new campaign and this fertility mod is by far the best one I've found

Is this mod dead? Sadly it is the only mod that handles climate change moderately instead of turning if off completely as far as I've found.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

it should still work if you enable out of date mods, but because i dont own all the faction unlock dlcs i think it means that they aren't unlocked for those who use this mod even if they own them.

This mod does not seem to work properly for me. The fertility levels are doubled, but the buildings still produce the same bonus per fertility level as before. The city information screen seems to confirm that the numbers in the building description are accurate. A top level Eastern Roman Wheat Farm produces 34 food per fertility level - I would expect this to be 17.

I use macOS.

Thank you.

I know every one is asking, but. Will you update the mod with the unlocked factions? White Huns, Slavs and such. It's a pitty we can't play them with your mod because it is pretty cool. No other mod like yours mate.

If you need the startpos with all factions DLC I can send it to you.

Hey mate, when are we going to see the update? Really need this for a new campaign!

I think I got it working with all the factions. I just took my game file (got all DLCs), altered the fertility values myself and replaced the one in the mod. Can't be more precise right now, did this a few months ago and don't remember exactly how I did it, if anyone is interested I might look it up. Feel free to correct me if it is wrong but for me it seemed to work.

Don't worry, you need no real modding knowledge for this change, basically just the correct editing software and you need to know which numbers to change. However take it with a grain of salt since I might have messed something by doing this, did not notice any malfunctions but I'm not a modder.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678