Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bug Reports

Some factions seem to lack the ability to recruit spies, or at least no building appears under the prerequisite when you hover over it (i.e. Burgundians)

Also, Burgundians have a starting mission to recruit five of a certain unit, which appears to be a Langobards unit, while the Alemanni have a mission to recruit five of a Burgundian unit (they actually start with one in one of their armies, with no way to recruit more afaik, Pedites Sacer-Comitati Burgundorum)

Two repeatable end-turn crashes, both on WRE turn while WRE is attempting to use agents against my hordes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18U...TvJ_qinDpZIjbh

Quote Originally Posted by GourmetGorilla View Post
    Also, Burgundians have a starting mission to recruit five of a certain unit, which appears to be a Langobards unit, while the Alemanni have a mission to recruit five of a Burgundian unit (they actually start with one in one of their armies, with no way to recruit more afaik, Pedites Sacer-Comitati Burgundorum)
    And it stays this way since swapping units in FotE now is just too many hardly reasonable work. There is easier just to patch script from Langobards DLC, but i don't have it.

Anyway posting any "bugs" without detailed list of mods you use (and using old CA's launcher as a must) is pointless, i won't attend without it, that was underlined many times.

Yes, I use the old launcher release candidate, with FotE as well as the updated EP https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1676827914 & https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1494368909

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	357983

Here are the other mods that were in the folder, I even tried unsubscribing & deleting them entirely in order to isolate the issue. No garbage. No dice. You can be sure that it's FotE or EP.

It seems to happen when one of WRE's priests is performing its action against my army. It's repeatable, and will happen eventually even under separate circumstances after reloading an older save.
    Last edited by GourmetGorilla; April 18, 2019 at 04:08 PM.

Views:	11 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	357983

Here are the other mods that were in the folder, I even tried unsubscribing & deleting them entirely in order to isolate the issue. No garbage. No dice. You can be sure that it's FotE or EP.

It seems to happen when one of WRE's priests is performing its action against my army. It's repeatable, and will happen eventually even under separate circumstances after reloading an older save.
    Just remove all crappy mods you added and then confirm any bugs starting a new game best since some of them may not stop affecting game until you play old saves. You have list of compatible mods, using any outside crap is on your own risk.

I understand that you've already put in a lot of hard work, and are afraid of having to touch the startpos with a ten foot pole ever again. I've been a tester with DeI for years, and I know how to spot a crash caused by a mod conflict. Three of those on my list, which you may not have read, affect map textures, being strictly cosmetic, and the remaining three are minor battle tweaks. This is not a battle crash. Not a single one of those mods is liable to produce an end-turn CTD during a campaign, let alone a repeatable one. Nor do the affects of any of those six mods linger after removal.

I'll give you an example of a similar end-turn CTD that DeI encountered a while back. It was because Dresden forgot to add Carthage's naval commander permissions to the generation pack, so they had a navy floating around without a commander leading it. Cue seemingly random end-turn CTD on Carthage's turn. Took a bit of work to root it out, to say the least, but I'll say this, never once were unrelated graphical or battle mods considered an element of the enigma. Many team members use GEM, and other small mods alongside DeI. You can ask Dresden yourself if you don't believe me.

Please load up one of those saves, with FotE & your EPs, see if you don't get the same crash on WRE's turn.

In the meantime, I'll run another campaign to see if it comes back.

And relax, you've been doing a great job revamping these neglected mods. Mistakes happen.

Please load up one of those saves, with FotE & your EPs, see if you don't get the same crash on WRE's turn.
    Besides swapped units which won't be repaired ever (not by me at least, or if - i need Langobards DLC), i just cannot confirm any of the issues you mentions, so i assume they come strictly due to incompatible mods you use (or they are outdated - that's the same).
    Anyway none of the mods - FotE, EP(R) nor FotE+EP Revised touch agents so if you get any CTD with them this must be vanilla bug which i cannot help.

That stands to reason, thanks for explaining. Sounds like it's probably a vanilla bug.

I'll be damned, it happened again. Reloaded a save from several turns before, and sure enough, it happened again on the same turn--this time during the ERE's turn. No idea what that faction was up to, as I was nowhere near them in my Alemanni campaign.

No other mods this time, only FotE & EP. I've got more than 200 hours in this game, and have never had this happen without these mods installed. Two for two now on campaigns ruined by this bug, and this time I'm positive that it's one of these mods!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kh...akrVd_R2kwg1Os

I'll be damned, it happened again. Reloaded a save from several turns before, and sure enough, it happened again on the same turn--this time during the ERE's turn. No idea what that faction was up to, as I was nowhere near them in my Alemanni campaign.
    As i said i don't have that specific DLC so i can't check any issues with it. Best option is to deactivate this DLC if it creates issues which don't exist with other ones (i can confirm no issues with Sands, Celts or Vikings). Still not really sure what are you talking about since i can't check those saves and even if i could - i wouldn't do it for hundred reasons.

Have you played any campaigns from start to finish? Which factions were you playing? I want to confirm for myself that your mods don't conflict, and if it gives credence, I'll deactivate the Longbeards DLC.

I periodically test ERE/WRE and Sassanids for CTD issues and finished at least 50 times Franks, ERE, WRE, Sassanids and WH. Currently i'm playing ERE/WRE again, there are wandering WRE agents harassing Langobards, Franks, Geats, Saxons etc. - no CTD at all.
    I don't think anyway it is any DLC specific including Langobards since i said - none of the mods touched agents ever, it is on your side - outsource, conflicting mod, wrong mods' order...?
    I know a lot of peeps play that DLC and they do not report any issues so iether it is your specific or something you forgot to mention. Individual issues happen as my battles with Celts which i couldn't play manually but autoresolver only while no one else could reproduce this. The same comes with custom battles - i don't have access to some custom units while Dresden can see them on his installation.

I just ran a test with the saves and the crash happens I think during the WRE turn during an agent action against an encamped force in Northern Italy. My assumption is that its something from the submod or EP since its a campaign issue. Perhaps trying to undo some of the changes to agents or those factions and seeing if it crashes could help determine where the error is.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I just ran a test with the saves and the crash happens I think during the WRE turn during an agent action against an encamped force in Northern Italy. My assumption is that its something from the submod or EP since its a campaign issue. Perhaps trying to undo some of the changes to agents or those factions and seeing if it crashes could help determine where the error is.
    He states he plays FotE + EP only (not stated reloaded version but i suppose so) - so no "undo" possible since neither FotE nor EP touch agents (FotE+EP revised as well in fact, only movement points increased and this never collided to anything). No faction "undo" possible since there are only flags changed and few rebels completely not related to WRE or ERE. I still vote for using any outdated/incompatible mods that aren't mentioned. And if those bugs were real i could reproduce it at least with latest gameplays while i have no issues.
    Last edited by Cgma; April 22, 2019 at 08:33 PM.

I'm using the most up-to-date versions, no other mods. I am using the reloaded version, as I stated earlier.

I'm using the most up-to-date versions, no other mods.
    There is no not-up-to-date versions, if you subscribe to Steam workshop you always get latest version. As Dresden suggests - deactivate all mods but FotE and then try.

Exactly, you suggested that I was using outdated mods. That's precisely what's next on my slate, is a fresh FotE campaign without either EP mod. It's frustrating to lose campaigns repeatedly.

Views:	7 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	358004

Looks like another player encountered the same issue earlier this month.
    Last edited by GourmetGorilla; April 22, 2019 at 09:04 PM.

Looks like another player encountered the same issue earlier this month.
    No, it was not the same, it was "too many units" issue that happens sometimes when you have activated Auxilia submods for ERE/WRE which are submods for FotE+EP Revised and that issue is strictly my mod specific (game has kinda hidden units' limit per faction which occurs when multiple barracks are built which contain too many units recruitable - actually Palatina Barracks). Actually it happens almost never and it is easy-curable.
    Last edited by Cgma; April 22, 2019 at 09:56 PM.