Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Default Re: VDM 2.1 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

VDM updated:
    - optimized some scripts

Hi,

Vadants,

Is there an easy way to increase the amount of years, from 10 ( 40 turns) to 20 ( 80 turns) until the annexation event?

By easy way I mean a way that even a lay person like me can be able to do it.

Thanks a lot,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    Is there an easy way to increase the amount of years, from 10 ( 40 turns) to 20 ( 80 turns) until the annexation event?
    Hi,
    Sorry, but no.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

I hhad a ctd in the first early campaign turn i don know though .
    In order to play this mod do i have to always run it from Van-bat or just once?
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    I hhad a ctd in the first early campaign turn i don know though .
    In order to play this mod do i have to always run it from Van-bat or just once?
    Maybe you have some problems with installation?
    You have to always run it from bat.

i dont think i have done anything wrong with the installation, but the problem is confirmed, i have constant non reproducible random crashes while using this mod but i ahve followed the instructions correctly.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

i dont think i have done anything wrong with the installation, but the problem is confirmed, i have constant non reproducible random crashes while using this mod but i ahve followed the instructions correctly.
    Can you give me save file and VDM_saves folder where i'll see the crash?
    And how did you install VDM? Do you have the latest version?
    Last edited by VadAntS; September 01, 2016 at 01:14 AM.

hmm ill see to it , i ahve the latest version of Imperial Destroyer and the latest version of VDM , i have also installed the normal range not the small range of movement and thats pretty much it.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

hmm ill see to it , i ahve the latest version of Imperial Destroyer and the latest version of VDM , i have also installed the normal range not the small range of movement and thats pretty much it.
    Are you sure that you also installed normal range option for basic Imperial Destroyer too? As by default it's small range and this could conflict with "normal range" of VDM...

I'm afraid I also have a problem. I installed VDM after reading and viewing the youtube install instructions, but when I click on VDM launcher it says it can't verify the path. I checked the properties and the string does indicate the right path, but it still will not launch.

Suggestions? Comments?

I'm afraid I also have a problem. I installed VDM after reading and viewing the youtube install instructions, but when I click on VDM launcher it says it can't verify the path. I checked the properties and the string does indicate the right path, but it still will not launch. It may be that I'm misinterpreting one or more of the install instructions, but I can't figure out how.

Suggestions? Comments?

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm afraid I also have a problem. I installed VDM after reading and viewing the youtube install instructions, but when I click on VDM launcher it says it can't verify the path. I checked the properties and the string does indicate the right path, but it still will not launch. It may be that I'm misinterpreting one or more of the install instructions, but I can't figure out how.

Suggestions? Comments?
    VDM_start.bat and VDM_saves folder must be in the ETW folder(where Empire.exe is)

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

And the latest hotfix for Imperial Destroyer?

Now I see (said the blind man). I had them both in the data folder. My bad. And yes, I did install the hotfix.

Thanks.

Well to be sure i have this configuration , Increased_trading_income+standard_movement_speed+square_formation+trade_ships+rakes_can_assassinate, the normal range from your mod and the latest files from each mod but constant crashes.
    I have also installed the hotfix
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; September 01, 2016 at 11:25 AM.

So far, it launches fine. I'll let you know if I have any CTDs.

Is it possible to block auto-replenishment for AI when their armies are on enemy lands? I think this doesn't make much sense and breaks strategical aspect of this nice addition.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    Is it possible to block auto-replenishment for AI when their armies are on enemy lands? I think this doesn't make much sense and breaks strategical aspect of this nice addition.
    AI cannot auto-replenish on enemy lands. There is a script for this. Or it doesn't work for you?
    Last edited by VadAntS; September 04, 2016 at 03:02 AM.

AI is doing it all the time, so there might be a mistake in the script as all other things work fine.

Other unrelated minor thing: sometimes characters (generals, ministers) are losing some traits that are said to be "permanent" in the description. Like for example minister could lose honest trait and then became corrupt.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; September 04, 2016 at 11:24 AM.

Hi,

Vadants,

About Herr Doctor problem and just to help with a solution. I noticed that the auto-replenishment script tends to turn off when launching the game via VDM_start. Because of that problem I'm launching via Empire_start, and it always works perfectly this way (well, it tends to create more save game problems but this is Empire so we should be accustomed by now).

Also, the Lisbon earthquake. It is nice to see it trigger at a random date but I saw that event event trigger 3 times, in just little more than 30 game years. In my opinion, it should only trigger once per campaign given the amount of geological info we have today about this matter, it is estimated that on average earthquakes of that intensity, trigger between 250 to 300 years on those specific plates. French and probably Dutch Guyana to, should be affected by the event as records state that the tsunami reached the north shores of Brasil and French Guyana (ships should also be harmed).

Thanks and keep the updates coming,