Thread: Submod: Imperial Destroyer Overhaul and Rework

Icon1 Submod: Imperial Destroyer Overhaul and Rework

In this submod I have modified many parts of the Imperial Destroyer mod for Empire total war. Its aim is to make the game even more enjoyable, with a particular focus on increased realism and historical authenticity.

Main Modifications Include:

• Significantly greater unit variety for most factions, for example Prussia now has access to more than 10 units of cavalry. These were units which had not been activated in the data pack.

• Realistic unit sizes for Cannons and Howitzers, cannons generally have 4-5 whilst howitzers have 3 - 2, depending on the artillery for ex. 6p, 12p, 24p.

• Unit size variety. Most units have their own specific amount of troops, providing more immersion and realism. Elite infantry units, such as grenadiers, have less troops whilst line infantry and militia troops have more.

• Specific Recruitment Limits for all units, including artillery and ships. Line infantry is generally capped to around 60, for most European nations, while large nations such as Russia and Poland Lithuania have standard line infantry caps of around 100. The unit variety still allows one to field large amounts of armies. -
    • 1. Certain nations have significant restrictions on their recruitment, such as Sweden, which historically did not have the manpower to field huge armies such as Russia. This historical accuracy is simulated with Sweden having a limit of around 20 for their standard line infantry and militia and other restrictions such as on cavalry.
    • 2. Trade Ships are now capped to around 40 or 50 depending on the nation, for example historically maritime superpowers such as the Dutch, French, British and Spanish are able to recruit more trade ships. Trade ships cost more to recruit and now have upkeep, meaning trade is still lucrative, yet is much harder to exploit.

• Tax system reworked, you can now tax at high and extortionate levels, and there are realistic effects on public order and growth for doing so.

• Some more smaller modifications

Should be Compatible with the Imperial Destroyer mod and likely other Destroyer Submods as well. DOWNLOAD:

Download from mediafirehere: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ggp...6z21yb9/shared

Simply Drag and Drop the Lord_Core.pack and Lord_dbunits.pack files into your Empire total war Data folder. Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data. Overwrite any files.

Default Re: Submod: Imperial Destroyer Overhaul and Rework

Doesn't seem to be working for me.

Do you get CTD?

Civis

The restrictions on Sweden look really, really harsh, considering Sweden had a standing army of roughly 80 000 which swelled to 150 000 in wartime during the early 1700s. Generally I don't like such restrictions since naturally the army would grow even more in a universe where Sweden conquered more land, but perhaps it makes for a fun challenge. Other than that though, this looks promising!

Icon4 New Download

Download from Mediafire here:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rpv...stroyer_Submod

Then simply open the folder and drag and drop the data file into your empire total war folder.Directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data. Overwrite any files.

Let me know if there are any issues when downloading from mediafire

Wanna collaborate LordJuiceRat? I am working on a Realism mod for Imperial Destroyer and I see that we both have same thoughts of certain things

Hi Lordjuice.
    Great work buddy, amazing submod. I have donwloaded all required files and everything is working fine but I'm just having one issue: I still cannot increase taxes to high or extortionate levels. It does not have any impact on income nor public order. Any ideas?

Thank you

Sorry for the late reply. The modification is present in the Lord_Core.pack, perhaps it did not overwrite correctly. It works for me so perhaps double check the install for that file.

That sounds like a great idea . What I find makes this mod so great is the battle mechanics, particularly the much smarter AI when compared to other sub mods. What I want to change in the future is increased recruitment slots for ships and that the AI focuses more on trade and that smaller nations focus more on their armies.

Here is my latest change to this mod:

Increased army UI to 40 units. Decreased Upkeep and recruitment costs. More recruitment slots for land Units.

Download from Mediafire here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fd2...9u6/Submod_1.1
    Then simply open the folder and drag and drop the data folder into your empire total war folder.
    Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data. Overwrite any files.

Thank you for uploading, works fine for me! Will test your mod

But please next time upload it in one zip file... I had to manually download each and every file you uploaded individually since I don't have a mediafire premium account.

Hi, thank you for uploading this amazing rework. it works well with IDmod.

however, I am having trouble not seeing any recruitable units in Paris when I'm playing as France.
    other nations seem to be able to recruit units from their capitals. I;ve reinstalled the whole game and this mod again but same thing happens.

Is this intended as one of the changes or could it be a bug?

Appreciate your work with unit upkeep and other changes. I have some questions though regarding some factions. I am on a playthrough with the Mughal Empire currently, year is 1795 or something, and I am going to have to spend the next 60 or 70 turns just researching in order to unlock the next level of line infantry. I have maxed out my recruitment for "Tiger Guards" and "Elite Maharani Infantry", and they are stationed in Agra as a standing garrison, but I am unable to recruit any more gun infantry due to high upkeep for the other modded units. The above stated units have upkeep of about 70 gold per turn, where as the "Hindu Musketeers" from vanilla game, as well as the "Arabian Musketmen" (I assume modded) have upkeeps of more than 200 gpt(goldperturn).

I started a USA campaign and noticed that there were some strange discrepancies in the upkeeps of the modded units versus vanilla units...shouldn't the most basic line infantry should be cheaper and there should be a higher limit to recruitment?

There are some other issues such as not being able to recruit ANY modded units in certain towns with single expansion slots, leaving only the extremely expensive and high upkeep units. Example = I've taken Kashmir, but I can't recruit any special modded low upkeep units there...only Camel dudes, for some reason...in Kashmir...and Arabian Nomad dudes that are super high upkeep more than 200 per unit per turn.

In Nagpur, Berar Province, India, the only modded units I have available to me are melee infantry and two units of cavalry, but the bigger problem is that I can only recruit 1 unit every two turns. At that rate I won't make any headway, and with the number of troops the British can put out from neighboring Calcutta, Bengal, my only option is to sit in my fort and wait for the 40 unit British Army that shows up every two turns. It's turned into a war of attrition, but not in a fun way. I'll win a great victory in a defence, but then can't capitalize on it because my recruitment capacity is so low, and they have another 40 unit army already waiting for me.

Empire Total War II mod has a fantastic selection of units that would play really well in your mod. But I think the unit upkeep should be reworked again. Because with my current income in game I have no motivation to recruit the vast majority of units, and I have hit my recruitment cap for the rest. My campaign is at a bit of a standstill because I am stuck on income, the British manage to keep sending full stack 40 unit armies to my cities every two turns, I only manage to recruit a few units, they pillage my land, I am stuck with repairs then, and my income gets washed down the toilet.

The units you have right now are OK but 1. Some of them take away from the immersion slightly, like having only Hindu and "Arabian" Musketmen..in India. I would prefer to see "Mughal Line Infantry" or "Barqandaz". There were Arab mercenaries, but there were a lot of other people before them. Empire II Total War mod has several of these units that really help immersion. I think you have some, for example in the Barbary Pirates campaign, there are Algerian and Tunisian Musketeers, which is cool. Helps with the geographical immersion. Really.

Also wanted to second Prinz Vengeance - I also have only 2 guns per arty unit, and one on howitzers. This is kind of a pain, because upkeep for guns on my Mughal campaign takes a toll on my income. I'm spending 60-70 gold per turn on infantry units, but more than 400 per unit of guns.

Also the lack of variety in Cavalry, for a nation descended from the Mongols, is a pity. Some Mounted Musketeers or Mounted Afghan Tribesmen, things like that would be dope. Those troops were vital to Mughal and Durrani (Afghan) victories against the forces of the Peshwa.

If you have any intentions of updating this submod again please reach out. I would love to research and pull out a load of unique and historically accurate units. You would likely be able to use the models already available to you, but just change small things like names and battle stats, upkeeps, etc. Maybe even small visual, color changes, if you know how. I don't know, but would be really happy to help.

Really hoping this generates a conversation and we can start polishing this thing.

Hi there, really appreciate the time you've taken into providing feedback for this submod. I haven't worked on it all since I uploaded the latest version and the daily occurrences of life have been a much greater priority for me. However now I seem to have more time to work on this and I will therefore be resuming work on the mod as best as I will be able to. I will definitely take your feedback into account and begin fixing any issues I find. Sorry for the late reply.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJuiceRat View Post
    Hi there, really appreciate the time you've taken into providing feedback for this submod. I haven't worked on it all since I uploaded the latest version and the daily occurrences of life have been a much greater priority for me. However now I seem to have more time to work on this and I will therefore be resuming work on the mod as best as I will be able to. I will definitely take your feedback into account and begin fixing any issues I find. Sorry for the late reply.
    Submod CORE file unabled recruting units from barracks can you fix it?

I love the submod! However, I have noticed that a Swedish unit was duplicated in the process (two Varvade regiments, instead of the one being Dalarna Regiment).
    Is a patch possible? Thank you!

How exactly do you download from Mediafire? It requires me to upgrade to Premium.

hi, i've tried your submods and everything worked perfectly, however, the recruitment costs and upkeep costs are way too low - which makes the game feel easy for me. Is there a way to change it, thank you

hi, is there anyway to reduce the recruitment slots, i've upgraded my town and the recruitment slots increased to the point where there's a bug with the recruitment tab: it's empty, the recruitment tab is empty. I've looked somewhere online and it seemed that the recruitment slots were the problem. Can you help me with this, that would mean a lot to me. tks

How do you guys download without upgrading to Premium? Can someone please answer?