Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Default Re: VDM 2.1 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Hello VadAnts, Great mod. I only have 1 problem with this mod that makes this games near impossible to play. I also have this screen everytime where it says 'Continue' or 'Exit'.. So I followed your instructions where I would click exit, I close all those black wali windows, and click 'Start Empire.bat', but everytime I do this, this very same window pops up with 'continue' or 'exit'.. So i'm in this infinite loop where I can't get rid of this window popping up. I also put engine.exe and engine1.exe on windows 7 compatibillity mode, but that doesn't seem to work as well. Any advice would be apreciated.
    Specs = high end laptop with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    Sometimes during the game, when there is a big load on the computer (usually during AI turn) WALI element may trip. A window will appear with buttons "..'"Continue"'.." and "..'"Exit"'..". You must press "..'"Exit"'..", Hide the game, close all the old wali windows on the desktop and restart file Start Empire.bat. You can continue play the game.
    My previous post was in response to this post

I haven't been able to install this mod. I downloaded the last version of Imperial Destroyer and that's working fine, but when I try to run the Start VDM.bat an error comes up (it says it can't find "empire.exe", I checked the .bat code and everything seems fine though). I tried running Start Empire.bat manually but nothing happens and if I try to launch the game via the WALI launcher it crashes during the opening credits (before the intro video).
    Does anyone have a solution? I would love to try this mod out!

I've managed to make the mod work and I'm having tons of fun, but it's unclear to me where I can check how many control points I have left. Can anyone help?

How did you manage to make it work? and are you using it with Imperial destroyer 6.3 ? or on vanilla.
    for me whenever I try to start a camping land battle the game crushes, have been trying to look for solutions but can't find anything useful for this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa99 View Post
    How did you manage to make it work? and are you using it with Imperial destroyer 6.3 ? or on vanilla.
    for me whenever I try to start a camping land battle the game crushes, have been trying to look for solutions but can't find anything useful for this problem.
    I launched the "Start Empire.bat" file inside the "WALI" folder and then launched the game via the shortcut in the same folder. I think you can run the .bat file and then run the game via Steam as well. I installed the mod on top of ID 6.3, if you do manage to make it work keep in mind that the translation is awful and imho the mod isn't well balanced at all.

Default Re: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Hello and thank you for this very interesting mod and improved way to play Empire Total War! Everything is quite simple to get into and start building your country the way you want.
    However I have a question about Trade Ships: Are they present at all in this mod/submod or locked behind technology or some hidden feature that hasn't been pointed out? I would love some explanation how to possible start building such ships or they are meant
    to not be available.
    Thanks in advance!

How can I trigger defender of the faith so I can start converting my provinces?

Holy crap, I managed with difficulty to install IMPERIAL DESTROYER, despite the catastrophically wrong installation instructions.
    Now I'm trying to install this mod, but JESUS, it just doesn't work. The instructions on what to install where are unclear or wrong.
    In any case, as soon as I start VDM_Start.bat, an error message comes up.
    I don't understand how you can make such a huge effort to create a (obviously, at least according to the recommendations) great mod, but then leave such crappy installation instructions.

I am forever grateful to anyone who can post ACTUAL, CORRECT, EXACT step-by-step instructions in here. If this is relevant, for the Steam version. You will get all the internet hero points of the day.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hello,

Is it possible to play with the last version of Imperial Destroyer and VDM with full diplomatic options + fort building by general?

Thank you!

Can anyone give me a definitive list of how to load this mod? At the moment nothing I try works. Just an Idiot's Guide please.

Quote Originally Posted by total_warrior18 View Post
    I launched the "Start Empire.bat" file inside the "WALI" folder and then launched the game via the shortcut in the same folder. I think you can run the .bat file and then run the game via Steam as well. I installed the mod on top of ID 6.3, if you do manage to make it work keep in mind that the translation is awful and imho the mod isn't well balanced at all.
    When I try to launch the "Start Empire.bat" file it brings up a blank page headed "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe". There is also a flashing cursor. Am I supposed to type anything in?

Mod sounds like a great addon to ID, but apparently the install instructions don't work at all.

I managed to get it to work after I had the same startup Problems like some people here. So here is step by step what I did, maybe it helps someone with the same Problems:

-First I downloaded the "VDM with full diplomatic option" provided by Lordsith on Page 37.
    - Because I had startup Problems before, I just deleted everything in the Empire scripts Folder. (C:/User/Username/Appdata/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Empire/scripts)
    -Unzip the downloaded File and copy-paste just everything in your Main Empire Folder (your harddrive / Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total war )
    -Then you open the Early- or Latecampaign Folder (it was Early for me) and copy the user.empire_script in it.
    - Paste it in the Empire scripts Folder: thats again (C or whatever your harddrive is called:/User/Username/Appdata/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Empire/scripts)
    -Finally you just have to start the game with the VDM_Start Bat. in your main Empire Folder. ( I ran it as administrator).

For me, it fixed my Problems with this submod and hopefully I could help at least someone with my amateur instructions .

Hi stylez144 you say "downloaded the "VDM with full diplomatic option" provided by Lordsith on Page 37." Sorry but I can't see a download link on Page 37. Are you meaning this Thread or another one?

stylez144. My bad. I was looking for Post 37 not Page 37! All sorted now. Thanks a lot.

Hi stylez144. Can't see the "VDM_Start Bat." in the main Empire Folder. Do you mean the Data Folder or the Empire Total War Folder? Feel I'm just on the verge of getting this right!

OK. Now I've found "VDM_Start Bat" but when I click on it it comes up with "Cannot find Empire.exe". Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help? Please.

Default Re: VDM 1.9 for Imperial Destroyer Project

Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    A Must Have.

If you want to improve your campaign and stay dazzled with new game mechanics and hard but logical empire macro and micro management, this is for you.

You will need to constant control the new, and old vanilla, modiffiers in your management panels or you will risk serious effects, like rebellions, revolutions, shortage of money or even bankruptcy and much much more.

Choose well the random events options or your nation will start to crumble in a short amount of turns, and plan your moves carefully, a well crafted plan will be the difference between glory and oblivion, you will really need to make hard choices that can subject you in the following turns.

A mod that should be mandatory for all the others mods.

For the genius work a great Salut to the author,

Thank you VadAnts.
    Well said! Couldn’t agree more. Absolutely outstanding. Together with Imperial Destroyer (don’t forget gameplay options) it rocks! Like a brand new game.
    Less is more

Quote Originally Posted by Robleau2 View Post
    OK. Now I've found "VDM_Start Bat" but when I click on it it comes up with "Cannot find Empire.exe". Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help? Please.
    The description about the VDM start bat seems to be partly correct. Some times after CTD Launcher_ETW in the WALI folder (Steam version of the game), seems to be the best choice.
    Last edited by Tordenskjold; April 10, 2022 at 04:23 PM.
    Less is more