Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Front End - Faction Group Icon Updated 24/07/15

Definitely agreed on that.

Likewise,
    Sharp

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Front End - Faction Group Icon Updated 24/07/15

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    Small contribution for your wonderful work guys,

I made a natural water mod for TW Attila, if you see this little mod for your project feel free to use.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Better-Water

Regards,

Before

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and...

After

Very nice indeed

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Updated the the OP to include a section for the units cards I have been working on. Now that William has posted his preview, I am happy to present the Arab Units cards.

Please check out William's preview here: Preview Arab Roster.

Greetings all. I am happy to present a small update on the project regarding generals and characters. In the next day I will be updating the Campaign UI to reflect thenew changes. Carthage will be next on the list. Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks again to the DEI team for allowing us to use these wonderful general models.

All screens are cropped to showcase the family tree

Roman Generals and Characters
    Sextus Caesar

Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Publius Cornelius Scipio - Son of Africanus

Last edited by UMCenturion; August 13, 2015 at 11:06 PM.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Roman Family Tree UI - 13/08/2015

the thing that shows control looks pretty weird, other than that it looks cool!

also, personally I would like it if you removed the current name of the offices for example "master of offices, supreme commander, master of horse" etc, and instead put "Consules, Praetors, Aediles, quaestors" etc. IIRC this is what they used. Would be cool if you did this

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    also, personally I would like it if you removed the current name of the offices for example "master of offices, supreme commander, master of horse" etc, and instead put "Consules, Praetors, Aediles, quaestors" etc. IIRC this is what they used. Would be cool if you did this
    Of course. The number of offices and effects will also be adjusted. But at the moment there are just ideas here, ideally we'd like to revamp the system to make it more authentic in terms of how it works.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Of course. The number of offices and effects will also be adjusted. But at the moment there are just ideas here, ideally we'd like to revamp the system to make it more authentic in terms of how it works.
    Awesome

How are you gonna render the transition from Republic to Empire

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Roman Family Tree UI - 13/08/2015

Visually there is a limited amount we can do in that regard.

However, im curious to figure out if using the levels a certain way can represent change like that. It may be something we do. We do plan to make use of the levels, and upgrades as well as changes in uniform based on weather conditions etc. However it may be a separate project I work on after initial release and won't be incorporated in 1.0.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; August 16, 2015 at 01:11 AM.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork

Small Update - Three new roman wives. There will be four sets - Roman, Hellenistic, Barbarian, and Eastern.

There will also be more variations for them as well. Character art is almost finished, and will be showing more previews in the near future.

Roman Family Tree

Would it be possible to send in own screenshots from the mod for you to make into loadingscreens and put into the mod?

I already have plenty but if you want.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    Would it be possible to send in own screenshots from the mod for you to make into loadingscreens and put into the mod?
    Feel free to post them here, I may be able to feature some. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    I already have plenty but if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Feel free to post them here, I may be able to feature some. Thanks!

So I tried running Attila at absolute max and my PC crashed, so I guess thats a nogo xd

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

May I also feature my best screenshot that I won on POTC? It was taken in Rome 2 however.

Quote Originally Posted by The Triumph of Rome View Post
    May I also feature my best screenshot that I won on POTC? It was taken in Rome 2 however.
    I will create a screenshot thread
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    I will create a screenshot thread
    Excellent, I'll add the pic from POTW 419!

First of all congratulations. I love the unit cards and the factions UIs. They are great, just like UMCenturion unit cards from Rome II. This mod is going to be amazing! Just one constructive criticism. Attila was made much darker than Rome II to represent the start of the dark ages and I was suggesting making stuff more bright, colorful and lighter to better represent the image we have of the classical era. The character portraits don't help with this as they are very dark. For me the character portraits that really transmitted the era were those of Rome I, which were colorful and the back was usually a bright blue sky. The new female portrait models are a great improvement from Attila, which didn't had much variety for wives and daughters. I love Lucilla, who looks just like the character of the same name from Gladiator (she is the inspiration, right?). The males on the other hand are not very good looking. I don't mean the portraits, the artist is very talented (I mean it), I'm refering to the characters, who look like ugly ancient people. Back then there were handsome people too and being good looking was an advantage for politician, specially among the hellenic cultures. Personally I would keep those portraits, which are great, but also add other more handsome portraits (no homo). IMHO the portraits of vanilla attila are pretty good, unlike those of Rome II, so I would keep those that aren't ahistorical. I wouln't mind a submod who brought the portraits of Rome I either. Anyway, congratulations again for all this hard work.

Thank you for the words. Yes Attila is made more darker, and something I am experimenting with as far as lighting. When it comes to the portraits, they are directly taken from the 3d models from DEI and Rome 2, however, the lighting may still make them darker. The portraits I am still working on for over a month now, as it is a large task to get all 2d and 3d variants to match. I think the end result u will be happy with. I am hoping to have a larger preview within the next 2 weeks to showcase the progress.