Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Message Icons Addition 28/06/15

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    thanks! I personally like it as well. I must have mistunderstood the province boxes, it was late that night. The ones that are filled with that purple and have text in them are staying. I may recolor them to coordinate better in the future.

And yes UM is U of Miami. nice recognition
    Miami born FSU fan here, been to every UM FSU game since 2007. With the province boxes the purple one stays but the blue one with the province name goes correct?

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Age of Empires 2 HD View Post
    What pic?
    First page I believe.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Miami born FSU fan here, been to every UM FSU game since 2007. With the province boxes the purple one stays but the blue one with the province name goes correct?
    Very nice, Miami born, parents are alums. Live in Atlanta now.

Apologies i misunderstood the original question posed around the province boxes. I was thinking of the building icon boxes: the coloring around them will be gone. All province boxes will stay, but may be recolored. I plan to do an update with the new Carthage coloring tonight, and may include an update to the Hellenistic one as well.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Hellenistic - Province Boxes Updated 07/15/15

wait a minute you are going to change the names of romans to greeks names as well? and add hellenic armor?
    Ὃ ἂν μὴ ἴδῃς μὴ λέγε. Εἰδὼς σίγα. [Do not talk about what you do not know. And when you know, don't talk either.]

Until now, we knew that Greeks were fighting like heroes; from now on we shall say that the heroes fight like Greeks -Winston Churchill Prime Minister of the United Kingdom-

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Hellenistic - Province Boxes Updated 07/15/15

Not at all no... where did you get that impression?
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

No as Petellius states, this does not involve name changing at all. This UI thread only involves the visual artwork surrounding everything in Attila.

For example the province boxes that I changed for the hellenistic UI are diplayed below. They were a dark purple, now an off white marble color:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by UMCenturion; July 17, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Would everyone stop complaining so that they can finish already lol. Great job guys

This change is for the gurd.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can you make different UIs for the Roman Senate or is this difficult to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    This change is for the gurd.
    Thank you sir!

Can you make different UIs for the Roman Senate or is this difficult to do?
    Not sure if you mean a separate faction, or the families? If you mean a separate faction, there will not be a senatorial faction in game. Families, I do not think it is possible to separate the UI by family.

thanks a lot for this mod. I`ll jump right in when i`m done with rtw2.

Quote Originally Posted by rohirrimelf View Post
    thanks a lot for this mod. I`ll jump right in when i`m done with rtw2.
    We're coming to Rome 2 as well
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Not sure if you mean a separate faction, or the families? If you mean a separate faction, there will not be a senatorial faction in game. Families, I do not think it is possible to separate the UI by family.
    Hmm....I mean something more like this, ok, so there will be no senate, but this can't be done can it? You can't add become this, become that sort of style features can you?

Separating the tech tree into a Shogun 2 style would make things much better.

I saw this Shogun 2 ported UI for Rome 2 since the days when Rome 2 got released. Is this really possible for either Rome 2 or Atila??

Hmm....I mean something more like this, ok, so there will be no senate, but this can't be done can it? You can't add become this, become that sort of style features can you?

Separating the tech tree into a Shogun 2 style would make things much better.
    Would be nice to use something like that, but there is a reason it is a concept. I used those pictures as a reference for some of the stuff that I did. First, without breaking the hardcode on design, it would be impossible to use something like that. Also, to use exclusively those textures, colors and designs built into the Atiila UI, made a lot of things unreadable. The way they have Attila set up is the Tooltip frames (which is the main background you see most of the design) is required to be darker in color, due to the text being such a light shade. For example check out the graphics settings screen, and you will see what I mean. No way to have the background a white marble. Sad, I know and something I thought about for months. Maybe something can be resolved in the future, but at this point I don't think it's possible.

The other issue with the idea ends up being we are stuck editing the UI components CA gives us. So, we can modify different pieces, but we can't rearrange them.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Front End - Faction Group Icon Updated 24/07/15

Small contribution for your wonderful work guys,

I made a natural water mod for TW Attila, if you see this little mod for your project feel free to use.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Better-Water

Regards,

Before

and...

After

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface - Front End - Faction Group Icon Updated 24/07/15

hey Little Legionaire I was just passing by and I wanted to thank you for letting rather mini but effective mod of yours to be used by all community members

Regards,
    Sharp

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    hey Little Legionaire I was just passing by and I wanted to thank you for letting rather mini but effective mod of yours to be used by all community members

Regards,
    Sharp
    Very kind of you good sir,

I believe in sharing my friend. First of all we're all doing what we do for the TW gamers and we are gamers too. So, i don't believe in strict copyright regulations just like we are Apple or Microsoft or something. In a gentle manner to honor someone elses hard work, asking permission and giving credits is just fine. I enjoyed kind and generous help of many great modders and friend and theres nothing wrong to do the same.

Regards and best wished Sharp,
    LL