Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Eastern UI added 28/4/15

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Eastern UI has been added. See OP for screens.
    I think this is the best one yet! It was instantly recognizable as an eastern style.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Wow guys my respect, i hope the best for you and this mod !

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

thank you to all! We have a dedicated team and can only hope to bring the best of the early days of the roman era to Attila.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Semisalis

I like that eastern UI alot.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - FrontEnd Update 7/5/15

Small update to the Frontend UI.

The red/gold buttons on the main menu are perfect, as I told you. Really like the red background being used. This is my favorite aspect of the UI to date. Tremendous work.

Absolutely fantastic! Looks almost like it could fit in with Rome 1!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

thank you both! Front-end is almost complete, only a few more small icons throughout will need redesign to match those shown in the first two images.

All great , the roman ui is se.xy the hellenic too i like the bricks ...but could you make the violet to more blue? but if someone wants to play as sparta..amm i dont think the ui fits to them im just sain !

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowx61x View Post
    All great , the roman ui is se.xy the hellenic too i like the bricks ...but could you make the violet to more blue? but if someone wants to play as sparta..amm i dont think the ui fits to them im just sain !
    There is no Sparta in this mod xD. Just an Achaean League.

Also in time there will be more unique interfaces. egyptian, various iberian cultures, various greek cultures etc. that however will not be involved in the first release, for there are lots of other things to finish so we can get this out to everyone

To be honest, your front-end UI looks way cluttered. You should try to stick close to a similar color palette instead of all the conflicting colors, it's a strain on the eyes. Also, it just looks over-done, you use the greek-style swirling border pattern way too often, in places it doesn't really need to be because it's so small. It just looks TOO detailed, I guess. It's nice to have things here or there to look at, but the way the UI looks right now there's just TOO much there. I'm not saying you should go 100% minimalist, but some things need to be toned down.

For the main menu, all looks good, but for the custom battle it just looks really messy. I think the white marble looks good, but when you have that greek patterning on every clickable button, it takes your eyes away from where they should be.

My suggestion would be to change all of the drop-down menus and buttons to just a solid color instead of having a pattern on them

That's just my opinion though
    Last edited by shawn858; May 11, 2015 at 05:46 PM.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I disagree with that completely. There are basically all of four colors used for the main menu/custom battle screen not counting the foreground, and I fail to see how a small pattern on the buttons is distracting. I can go back to EBII and RSII and there was a whole lot more going on in those UI's, and (in my view) far more conflict in color scheme. The goal of the UI is to set the mood of the game and match the cultures.

Not everyone will ever be pleased by UI choices, and hopefully some people take it on themselves to do some submods for those kinds of things upon release. But there's nothing about that frontend UI that I would change unless there were some major outcry (which I don't foresee - the people I've shown it too have all liked it).

Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    To be honest, your front-end UI looks way cluttered. You should try to stick close to a similar color palette instead of all the conflicting colors, it's a strain on the eyes. Also, it just looks over-done, you use the greek-style swirling border pattern way too often, in places it doesn't really need to be because it's so small. It just looks TOO detailed, I guess. It's nice to have things here or there to look at, but the way the UI looks right now there's just TOO much there. I'm not saying you should go 100% minimalist, but some things need to be toned down.

For the main menu, all looks good, but for the custom battle it just looks really messy. I think the white marble looks good, but when you have that greek patterning on every clickable button, it takes your eyes away from where they should be.

My suggestion would be to change all of the drop-down menus and buttons to just a solid color instead of having a pattern on them

That's just my opinion though
    Certainly don't mean to confuse you but I understand your thought on it. Once all icons are redone, screens such as the custom battle panel should look more uniform and less spontaneous.

superb work. Havent seen one alike from Roma Surectum II. Which member/members worked at this UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    superb work. Havent seen one alike from Roma Surectum II. Which member/members worked at this UI?
    Hi Orphydian, I have been working on this for most of the past 3 1/2 months along with other 2d artwork. However, without the leadership of ABH, help from the team, and the wonderful feedback from the community, this UI creation would not be possible. I was inspired in particular by Roma Surrectum II and EB from Rome Total War. Without all of their wonderful ideas and creativity, this would not exist as well. Thank you very much for the kind words, and we really appreciate the support.

It was all UMC. That's his area and he's done a tremendous job with it.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Hi Orphydian, I have been working on this for most of the past 3 1/2 months along with other 2d artwork. However, without the leadership of ABH, help from the team, and the wonderful feedback from the community, this UI creation would not be possible. I was inspired in particular by Roma Surrectum II and EB from Rome Total War. Without all of their wonderful ideas and creativity, this would not exist as well. Thank you very much for the kind words, and we really appreciate the support.
    Do you know some good tutorials on how to chnage/create UI on Medieval II TW, Rome II or/and Attilla?

Did you work at other mods UI?

No to all the questions haha. This was my first attempt at UI. However, I have been using photoshop and other image editing software for years. I'm more of a self taught learner, to where I can dig into it myself, without pre-conceived biases. UI is pretty easy as far as learning how it works. Just digging into the picture files, replacing with other textures or something you create. Then take a trial and error approach. It requires constant loading of the game and re-editing to make sure it fits what you are looking for. Key thing is to mirror the default files as far as overall size of the file. Knowing your files (in all games they are different) and knowing the limitations of it just takes time and repetition, oh and some patience.