Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

Ancient Empires 2D Artwork This is the first glimpse at Ancient Empires for Attila Total War User Interface. Everything is still currently a WIP and subject to change. Please feel free to comment and leave feedback. All suggestions are welcome! Custom UI will be completed for various cultures throughout. More updates will come in time.
    A HUGE thank you and shout out to Haegemonia Mod for giving us permission to use some of their UI components in relation to the buttons for the Germanic Culture. Also, a Big thank you to Europa Barbarorum 2 (EBII) for permission to use some of their message icons! Table of Contents
    • Unit Cards
    • Loading Screens
    • General UI
    • Front-end UI
    • Roman UI
    • Celtic/Gallic UI
    • Germanic UI
    • Punic UI
    • Hellenistic UI
    • Eastern UI
    • Nomadic UI

Ancient Empires Signatures

Ancient Empires Unit Card Preview
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Loading Screens
    Message Icons
    Front-end UI
    Roman UI
    Celtic\Gallic UI
    Germanic UI
    Punic UI
    Hellenistic UI
    Eastern UI
    Nomadic UI Note: Because a Nomadic faction is not ready to use in the campaign, I have kept old screens and tied this to the Roman Campaign, using the the Nomadic UI.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; July 03, 2016 at 10:33 PM.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - Ancient Empires User Interface for Roman era Attila Overhaul

Wow. Very very good!

A few (minor) critiques if I may:

1)There are a few texture seam issues appearing on some of the UI, like this one. I imagine this has already been noticed, but it can't do any harm to point it out again!

2) I can't help but think that these elements would look less cluttered without the extra accents.

3) While the Pediment (?) accent on the top of one of the title bars is very nice, it does, in my opinion, make the text look a bit crammed in. The capital letters in particular look starved of space. Perhaps reducing the top accent's height could solve this? Either way it's nothing major

4) The shadows around these icons are oddly squared off. It's a bit distracting.

5) I feel like these icons could do with a bit of gloss, in comparison to the other UI icons (like the ones I've shown above) they seem a bit matte-like in finish. Could help with the overall consistency of the UI. Also, and this is more personal, I feel that the patterned outline is a bit fiddly for such a small element.

Hope this helps I'm really excited for this mod and it's amazing to see such progress in in this short space of time.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - Ancient Empires User Interface for Roman era Attila Overhaul

Fits well in-game and is easily readable.

What do you plan for other cultures, the same overall style but with a different primary color?
    I think a dark green, dark blue, violet, dark grey, brown, orange etc... style would work as well for other versions you might want to do.

What would be loving is color sync [UI - faction banner - uniform color] per faction/culture so that the visual experience is smooth as butter.

Is the violet color on purpose?

wowow.....now do I need to wait 1 year to play Attila waiting for this like I waited 1 year for DEI?
    Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Silkjc View Post
    wowow.....now do I need to wait 1 year to play Attila waiting for this like I waited 1 year for DEI?
    Keep up the great work!
    Shouldn't need to, but it might take a few months. Thanks to so many people joining the team as of late, we're making more steady progress on all areas from what I can tell.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Thank you everyone for the feedback. As far as the seams and shadows, I am currently working to improve those. The accents may or may go. Also the violet is on purpose . I am planning on having custom everything with each culture that includes more detail beyond color schemes. Working on a Celtic one now and should have a preview out sometime next week .

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will you be making one for Rome 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    Will you be making one for Rome 2?
    The team has a UI design set for Rome 2 already, many of the features I am using in this mod. But the UI is so basic in Rome 2, (can be a good thing or bad thing however you look at it), that some of the features above cannot be implemented.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; March 24, 2015 at 07:57 AM.

The Western Roman Empire is just a place holder name right? It won't be called that on release?

Also loving those unit cards.

I am so looking forward to this mod, I had no interest in Atilla until finding out about AE, this looks like everything Rome II should have been from the get go.
    Last edited by Ivan_Moscavich; March 08, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

The unit cards are Attila's default ones. We have not changed factions yet as those are things best done with the release of CA's mod tools. The startpos editing required on this mod really calls for the Assembly Kit.

But on the subject of unit cards, UMCenturion has done some for Rome 2 in a similar style that we hope to implement with our new units in Attila (as well as Rome 2 versions):

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Celtic/Gallic UI Preview Added

There's a great attention to detail in your work, UMCenturion. You're making full use of the added UI components in Attila to really flesh this stuff out. The Celtic and Gallic one is pretty much perfect to me and completely sets the tone. I wish we could bring that sort of look back to Rome 2.

We may have to change around Rome a bit out of necessity, but I don't personally have anything I could complain about for the Gauls.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Celtic/Gallic UI Preview Added

Nice stuff, although I'm not the biggest fan of

This beveled (3D-like) buttons. I prefer them to be more flat, vanilla-like.

Hot damn, this looks amazing! Can't wait! This is gonna be epic!

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Germanic Preview Added

The new Germanic preview is up. Not much more I can say on the quality of work being produced for us.

Is there anyway to remove the arcade symbols on the unit cards? They take away from the artistry of the card in my view.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Is there anyway to remove the arcade symbols on the unit cards? They take away from the artistry of the card in my view.
    Absolutely yes. I've done it for Rome 2, was thinking of doing it for Attila. Going to have a look at it now, actually. It's worth noting that it does actually remove the icons from the campaign as well, which may look less good on certain tabs/panels.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Absolutely yes. I've done it for Rome 2, was thinking of doing it for Attila. Going to have a look at it now, actually. It's worth noting that it does actually remove the icons from the campaign as well, which may look less good on certain tabs/panels.
    I am all for that!

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

These UI are beautiful. I was awed by how much the color scheme of the Roman UI changes the atmosphere of the campaign. You're no longer looking through these anachronistic-holographic panels, but at historical scrolls and engravings.

EDIT: I agree with Joe and voythas that these red and circular UI symbols should be changed, too. Hearkening to RTW/M2TW UIs, why not make them paintings on shields? You could mimic the style of these shields (except, instead of a horse or wolves, you'd see a painted white check mark)

EDIT2: Could you perhaps make the End-Turn a horizontal hour glass?
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; March 18, 2015 at 07:12 PM.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    These UI are beautiful. I was awed by how much the color scheme of the Roman UI changes the atmosphere of the campaign. You're no longer looking through these anachronistic-holographic panels, but at historical scrolls and engravings.

EDIT: I agree with Joe and voythas that these red and circular UI symbols should be changed, too. Hearkening to RTW/M2TW UIs, why not make them paintings on shields? You could mimic the style of these shields (except, instead of a horse or wolves, you'd see a painted white check mark)

EDIT2: Could you perhaps make the End-Turn a horizontal hour glass?
    Great feedback. In regards to first edit: that's a good idea. I may rework all buttons at a future date when most of the UI is complete for all subcultures. I am flushing out some of the Rome UI and changing a few things, so I will experiment with the shield design. I like that.

2nd edit: my goal is impliment subtle things here and there that bring back the classic Rome UI. As u notice the scroll bars are very Rome 1ish. I will experiment and hopefully bring back things like the hour glass.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Germanic Preview Added - FrontEnd Update

Update to the Roman UI. Please see original post with new screens added.

Again, this is not the full product and it will continue to see improvements in the future. Now on to finish up the Punic UI .

List of Changes:

Re-done huds (icons holding faction icon)
    Reworked frames and borders around tooltip and buttons
    Re-done bars, stone and marble mixture along bottom top and sides
    New ornaments above titles in diplomacy screen and pre-battle screen
    New and improved title - added columns to the side and sharpened pattern across top.
    New Political Frame
    New faction leader Icon
    Some coloring and shadow improvement

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast