Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v5 patch

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default NTW3 v5 patch

We are working on the NTW3 v5.0 HB and SPC mods to make improvements and additions to release a
    patch later in March or early April. This June will also be the two hundredth anniversary of the Battle at Waterloo.

Lord Desaix is adding more HB battles along with his custom battle maps http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...anned-for-2015

Lord Davn & Lord Commodore Wesley have also been working to improve the SPC mod.

There are now scripted missions to start the campaign for many of the factions.

The Austrian starting army has been revised to reflect more of the historical units and generals that took part in the 1805 campaign. We use
    a mix of custom NTW3 and ntw vanilla units for the spc mod and we've undated many of the them to reflect their historical uniform colors:
    http://www.napoleonguide.com/infantry_austface.htm

The Austrian Landwehr was historically formed in 1808 so we've brought them into the campaign a little later through the Museum buildings.

The French can now recruit some of historical units that came from Belgium. The two new units are courtesy of our Belgian modder Gironne.

Last edited by Lord Davn; January 28, 2017 at 10:31 PM.

Default Re: NTW3 v5 patch

Our resident expert in Portugal has also provided us with historical info to update the Portuguese faction.

Last edited by Lord Davn; March 06, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

Excellent
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

I am excited to hear of this patch.
    Is there a larger list of changes that may be done here? I am beginning to filter through a list of question and suggestions but I want to make sure I am not including any changes already included in the mod. Thanks!
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 14, 2015 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalman View Post
    I am excited to hear of this patch.
    Is there a larger list of changes that may be done here? I am beginning to filter through a list of question and suggestions but I want to make sure I am not including any changes already included in the mod. Thanks!
    In addition to the changes mentioned above we are making improvements to the visual & historical aspects of the campaign. The land unit purchase and upkeep costs have been revised to make the elite units more affordable so you should see more of them in the campaign game.
    I will also be rebuilding the startpos file that runs the campaign game to try and make it more stable. Sometimes all of the changes made to it also over time adds more instability to the startpos.esf file

the new patch he improved the AI in battle?

We've made some adjustments to help but the battle AI will always have its limitations ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 25, 2015 at 04:34 PM.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Glad to hear there is yet more to come! Good show chaps! Is there a unit roster anywhere?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 30, 2015 at 11:54 AM.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

We're still working to add a few more of Lord Fullin's custom MP units to the SPC mod, so there are many, many units to choose from
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 28, 2017 at 10:32 PM.

We updated the European Theater map for our NTW3 v5 patch. We've colored in the water and non playable areas to give it a better contrast.
    The map area with the playable regions was left as is because it's used to display a variety of colors with different maps.
    Install instructions & download link are in the NTW workshop thread for mapping: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post14451506
    Players can add this map to their existing NTW campaigns

Last edited by Lord Davn; April 02, 2015 at 12:30 PM.

Hello, thanks for the continued support for the mod! I love checking back every now and then and seeing all of the awesome changes.

Two quick questions:

1) Do we have an ETA for the patch? I'd like to fire up a campaign with version 5.0, but I'll hold off if the patch is going to be coming out shortly.

2) Any changes for the naval aspects incoming or any simple way to change it up a bit? The current battles might feel a bit more 'realistic', but IMO they don't see to be quite as much 'fun'. I know 'fun' is subjective, and while I truly disliked the default arcade-style naval feel in unmodded, I feel like NTW3 has taken it too far the other way. Coasting into combat at 2-3knots for a long period might be more realistic, but it also gets tedious when playing multiple naval battles in a turn. Yes, I turn the time up but you lose sound and some fine control.

In the end, I think it's just a bit too slow-paced overall. The ships take a long time to engage and then fire away at each other largely ineffectively for quite some time. This is especially evident when fighting Indiamen with men of war...You can knock them down from 12 guns to 9 pretty quickly, but then it's broadside after broadside before they cave in. That just strikes me as complete out of tune with everything I've read. If a 32 gun frigate or god forbid a 74 gets into good firing position vs a merchant, it should pretty much be game over, not a protracted bombardment and maneuvering exercise. Lethality seems to have been turned down so much that at the low ends, results are being heavily skewed.

I know a lot of tweaks have gone into the changes for the naval aspect (I modded it quite a bit in E:TW) but is there any 'quick fix' I could employ or tweak to force resolution a little bit faster in the naval battles? Are there any global variables that were reduced that would be easy to tweak upwards or would it be a matter of having to go back through and tweak all of the cannon and ship values?

Thanks again for the awesome support!

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Try the NTW Naval Fix All in One from Dracula, it's an excellent mod & works with every mod I've tried. If you don't like the very load sounds just open the mod with the pack file manger & delete the sfx entry & save the file. (don't forget to back up your original file)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post14232936

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
    Hello, thanks for the continued support for the mod! I love checking back every now and then and seeing all of the awesome changes.
    Do we have an ETA for the patch?
    Thanks again for the awesome support!
    We're looking at a release date toward the end of April. It will have many updates for the SP Campaign which due to the number of changes will unfortunately make it incompatible with v5 saved games. Lord Desaix will also be adding more of his Historical Battles to the v5 patch

We're looking at a release date toward the end of April. It will have many updates for the SP Campaign which due to the number of changes will unfortunately make it incompatible with v5 saved games. Lord Desaix will also be adding more of his Historical Battles to the v5 patch
    Ok, thanks. I'll wait for the patch before starting!

Try the NTW Naval Fix All in One from Dracula, it's an excellent mod & works with every mod I've tried. If you don't like the very load sounds just open the mod with the pack file manger & delete the sfx entry & save the file. (don't forget to back up your original file)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post14232936
    Thanks, but I couldn't get a clear download link from the host page so I'm not sure if it's still there or not. My anti-virus went crazy on that site and probably blocked any form of pop-up download option. :/

eradicated all generalist units of the game and only historical regiments with limits of recruiting? for greater immersion and realism in the campaign, limits of recruiting depending on the historical number of soldiers who had that historical regiment. For example the 25 regiment line infantry of France 4 units of limit of recruiting.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; April 08, 2015 at 09:55 PM.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Will there be another campaign that will take place on a later year? I feel that the campaign, if it is going in the historical route, should also have a later era campaign as well. Perhaps such as after 1809 or 1812 where French power was at it's height.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    Will there be another campaign that will take place on a later year? I feel that the campaign, if it is going in the historical route, should also have a later era campaign as well.
    We may consider it for a future release. Many players have asked to play the Duchy of Warsaw with the full uniform roster that Lord Fullin has made for them. For now the French player can occupy Warsaw and recruit a number of Polish units for service with the Grand Armee'

Last edited by Lord Davn; April 24, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    So, v5 patch release will be within this week I guess ...?!?

We are working to complete the upgrades to the icon & info cards this week. The SP Campaign patch is done and I will check with Lord Desaix's on his progress for the additions to the Historical Battle mod.

The revised British cav info cards that replace the vanilla ones

More info card corrections, the bottom two are Belgium infantry units made by our Belgian modder Gironne for the NTW3 Campaign game.

Belge Grenadier & Line units that are recruit-able for service with Napoleon's Grand Armee'

The Portuguese roster looks much better now with these info cards replacing the vanilla ones
    Last edited by Lord Davn; April 27, 2015 at 08:34 PM.

something new on the v5 patch?

in this patch there will be more historical units for spain?
    i think spain is an important faction and need many more types of units in the single player campaign,there made many historical units in other modes of player and can be added to this campaign.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; May 04, 2015 at 05:01 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast