Thread: Lost Emperor

Default Lost Emperor

Hi folks,
    Im playing WRE and having a hell of a campaign, just about holding out in Brit and Africa and holding them back at the rhine and alps.

The problem is after a recent run of bad luck, ive had 3 emperors die in the space of a year (its 414AD) and now i have only widows alive on my family tree. No male characters at all.
    There is an emperor, its says his name in the faction summary but I can not find him anywhere in the game, as a general, statesman, govenor etc..
    He's like some shadowy background character I have no control over.

So I am not sure how this can be, is it intended? am I missing something? Has my line died out and now my tree will just be these widows and a few illegitimate babies?

Previously when an emp died I had civil wars and rebelling generals, but this time they seem quite loyal, but to who? My widows? or this background emporer

Im not sure how it effects political decisions, control, dominion etc.. something I did grasp until now.
    Its been several turns since my last emporer died.

If anybody can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it, managing the family try, adopting sons etc.. was really good fun and now Im a bit lost...

ps. I suffered a series of crushing defeats in gaul from germanic factions which seem to start when they turned up with crossbows!
    Last edited by Captain Christophe Lammypie; March 06, 2015 at 09:51 AM.

Default Re: Lost Emporer

Emperor?
    He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination.

thanks for the spelling correction Poniatowski, any input on the problem?

Default Re: Lost Emperor

Maybe your emperor is on a leave of absence. Your characters sometimes disappear for several turns by taking a leave. When they return from the leave, you get a message saying that the person's leave is over and he is ready to serve your empire again. I've had a faction leader do that, but he was a member of the original family tree so he didn't disappear from the game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Christophe Lammypie View Post
    thanks for the spelling correction Poniatowski, any input on the problem?
    I am currently playing with the Eastern Roman Empire, so I cannot tell much about the the Western Empire's behaviour unfortunately. My Arcadius is pretty much still alive.

Good luck.
    He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination.

I encountered the same problem in my ERE game. My family died out without an heir, the game creates a new emperor with a new family tree and stuff - but I cannot see the new family tree, only the old one. Seems like a bug to me and I reported it in the official forum: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...in-family-tree

I even tried to edit the save game to put the new emperor into the family tree of the old one, but the save game structure of family relations seems incomprehensible at the moment.

Are you sure you don't have a regent lady from the court?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

I'm not sure, if i unsterstand your problem right, but can't just marry a widow with one of your generals? She would need a certain amount of influence.
    Last edited by Turumba; March 08, 2015 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Thought it does, then doesnt, now i know it does work^^
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!