Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

Default Re: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

It crashes right after I give it the location of my medieval 2 folder... I'm using vista and have 1.3/kingdoms. Is there anything I can do? I already tried both versions of the download...
    Last edited by williamtell0; July 06, 2009 at 01:38 PM.

Laetus

I am running Windows XP. I tried both MS Net 3.5 version and the version previous. Both hung and crashed.

Anyone get this running on Windows XP? Which version?

Cheers.

Laetus

Okay, I got the latest version running with an update to MS Net 3.5

Installed the Lands to Conquer mod per instructions.

Opened Med Manager and it did just as it should; recognised installed mod and added a desktop icon.

However, upon using either the MedManager created desktop icon for LTC or going through MedManager, I get the "unspecified error" message and it all closes...

Haven't tried other mods yet. Would be a shame if this doesn't work coz it's a great tool to be able to play different mods without having to fill a HDD with multi copies of MTW.

Please reply with any thoughts or suggestions....

Quote Originally Posted by williamtell0 View Post
    It crashes right after I give it the location of my medieval 2 folder... I'm using vista and have 1.3/kingdoms. Is there anything I can do? I already tried both versions of the download...
    Do you get an error message? It would be great if you could post a screenshot of an error you see.

Thanks

It just comes up with a message stating it has stopped working, but I just figured out I'm actually running 1.5 . That's probably it, isn't it? If so, is there anything like this that works with 1.5 or is there a way to make a mod work in the game manually (by adding it to the list that appears when you click play on the launcher)?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtell0 View Post
    It just comes up with a message stating it has stopped working, but I just figured out I'm actually running 1.5 . That's probably it, isn't it? If so, is there anything like this that works with 1.5 or is there a way to make a mod work in the game manually (by adding it to the list that appears when you click play on the launcher)?
    It's seems i have the same problem : When launching medmanager.exe (3.2 framework) , vista sp1 tell me, after problem analyse, "Stop working"
    I have kingdom 1.05 installed with DLV6.1 mod

In fact, i want to change the unit scale of my save file (30 turns ellapsed) : medmanager seems the best program to modify save file. Unless you have an other solution ?

thanks a lot

I also experience the crash when I try to launch the program. There is no error message, it just says that the Med Manager "has encountered a problem and needs to be closed..." This happened with both versions. I am on XP SP3.

You need to copy your saved games from the 'Saves' folder in the SS directory (or whichever mod you're running) and paste them into the 'Saves' folder under the main MTW directory. Then rename the 'Mods' folder to something else temporarily.
    Run MedManager, make your changes, exit and then copy your changed SS savegame files back into the SS 'Saves' folder, and rename the 'Mods' folder back to 'Mods'. Took me ages to figure this one out.

The key thing is to rename the 'mods' folder...it really hates this once Kingdoms is installed.

When I click insert/new mod under the Mod part of the tree on the right hand side, no new icons show up. Is one supposed to?

I started the mod and used the default file that was made, "New mod". I changed the number of unit size to make units of 75 into 100, 60 to 75 etc. in the .ini file ( soldier Vardariotai, 40, 0, 1) and pasted it into the data folder within the mod folder. When I run the shortcut on the desktop and start a custom battle nothing has changed. What did I do incorrectly?

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Somehow both versions crash on my XP system... got MS Net3.5

Medmanager used to work previously with me. Now it just crashes.

I wanna change the unit scale on save for Stainless Steel. it's not detecting new mods for me though. I tried with both version as well

I have successfully used medmanager with the vanilla medieval 2, but how do I get it to run with kingdoms?
    I use version 1.0.0.7. What exactly do I have to do? How does medmanager know what to run, vanilla or kingdoms?
    Last edited by boxleitnerb; December 01, 2009 at 07:03 AM.

Gustav Adolf's Avatar Foederatus

It does not work...

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Is this mod compatible with Kingdoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus88 View Post
    Is this mod compatible with Kingdoms?
    Yes it is.

Mamamia, just what I wanted to hear.

This mod does not work AT ALL! I just tried changing the unit sizes to small to see if the changes are actually applied and they where the same. I doubt you can even change difficulties, this mod is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus88 View Post
    This mod does not work AT ALL! I just tried changing the unit sizes to small to see if the changes are actually applied and they where the same. I doubt you can even change difficulties, this mod is useless.
    You're welcome!

How do you explain that then? The unit sizes can't be applied to any save games, why would the other features work?