Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

Lord Firkraag's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

For patch 1.2? Please? Pretty please?

I never upgraded MedManager to work with 1.2 and now I have installed 1.3 (with Kingdoms) so I would have to go to 1.2. Is there some reason you do not want to install the 1.3 patch, because I plan to support that (but not 1.2)?

No reason, just any support for newer versions of non-kingdoms Medieval 2 would be great. I am definetely downloading 1.3 when MedManager supports it

I have just uploaded 1.0.0.7 (see the first post in this thread), which supports 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 and Kingdoms.

It also now uses the version information in the medieval2.exe file to determine the version of the save file (I have not been able to locate any version information in the save files themselves). However using medieval2.exe this does not work for 1.2, which CA incorrectly versioned as 1.1.0.0. To override the version in MedManager, use the File, Find M2TW menu command. This will be necessary if you are trying to edit a 1.2 save file, but should not be necessary for other versions.

I love you +rep.

i have a problem with your latest medmanager version and kingdoms. medmanager just closes itself after a few seconds. net 2.o is installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Werg View Post
    i have a problem with your latest medmanager version and kingdoms. medmanager just closes itself after a few seconds. net 2.o is installed.
    MedManager uses .Net v2.0.50727 so you should be OK.

Did previous versions of MedManager work OK for you?

Are there any errors in the Windows application event log, with a source of "Medieval II Total War Manager"? If so, post the description here.

i used an earler version vor m2tw 1.o and it worked. but its not an older version interfering because i have reinstalled windows since then. where do i find the application error log file?

On XP, go to Start, Run, enter "eventvwr", and click OK. Click on the Application node to see any application events. You may need to scroll down to see any for "Medieval II Total War Manager" in the Source column.

the only entry in the application log matching the time i tried to use medmanager is named "NET Runtime Optimization" with the content:

Code:
    .NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Completed all work. Shutting down.

Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    here is a picture:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Chema_Cagi's Avatar Foederatus

I got a similar message, maybe it's a matter of having non-english versions of windows (mine is spanish). I have installed net framework 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, and it seems a somewhat tricky and version-dependent application. Some games don't work without .net framework 1.0 (Lord of the Rings Online, for example), even if you have later versions installed, while others require version 2.0, etc.

I have tried to install either spanish and english versions of .net framework without success, MedManager doesn't even fully launch.

I wonder if someone has managed to use MedManager with any "foreign" windows version.

Thanks for the effort anyway, seems a very useful tool

When i try to start MedManager the first time entering the directory location of Medieval II and setting it to 1.03/Kingdoms it crashes after pressing OK. I use a german Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Service Pack 2). The Windows Event Viewer shows the following error:

.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Preporting

Faulting application medmanager.exe, version 1.0.0.7, stamp 46f01f47, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4062, stamp 462643a7, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000000000027d8d.

Any ideas?

/EDIT:

The same thing happens on my laptop with german Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2) installation. In both case its english version of Medieval II: Total War, Kingdoms and Retrofit 1.0 Mod with Kingdoms Units.

Only difference. MedManager finds the installation, starts without directory location screen and then crashes:

.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Preporting

Faulting application medmanager.exe, version 1.0.0.7, stamp 46f01f47, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, stamp 46239be1, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b.
    Last edited by Bassquaeler; October 15, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

I have the same problem, and guess what my XP is in Dutch XD
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Tiro

Same thing here - what to do?

Borsook's Avatar Artifex

Hi, for me the application also closes upon start, no specific message (just that it is forced to close itself). I have Polish Windows XP and .Net 3.0 if that matters.

EDIT> It's not the fault of my system - if I remove the "mods" folder from MTW2 directory the programme starts.
    Last edited by Borsook; January 12, 2008 at 04:29 PM.
    Under Patronage of Necrobrit

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

I got a problem as well... When I try to launch the Manager, it is starting to load but I get an error message, it's the same old, same old;

Medieval II Total War Manager has encountered an error and needs to close... bla-bla.

But the weird thing is that the message is in Croatian... :hmmm:

I have .NET Frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.

Here is a screenshot of it.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ak_01/hmmm.jpg

Btw, PhotoPrick changed the res to 1024x768 instead of the orig. 1280x1024 so the pic is a little blurry.

Default heLP! pls

pls pls pls help! i just dl'ed medmanager and it was working fine for not more than an hour until suddenly i received the error, "Medieval II Total War Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." i exited and tried again and it keeps giving me the same message! i tried everything, reinstalling, restarting the pc, redownloading and then reinstalling, even sending an error report, but it still gives me that cursed message! damn it

Thank you for releasing this tool. I started a new Americas campaign playing as New Spain and initially it was set for Normal unit scale. I was 30 turns in and I desired the large unit scale but did not want to restart this campaign.

You rule