Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

Default Re: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

sorry to be a newb but now that the new patch is out is there anyway to grab the old loading screens so you can put them in a mod so i dont have the blank ones anymore?

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

The new patch? You must mean the first patch. You have to unpack the data files and grab the loading_screen folder and place it in your mod/data folder.

OK I have version 1.0.0.6 and at first it seemed to be great, automatically detecting the "UltimateAI", "Real Combat" and "Long Road" mods I had downloaded, however, it misses the "RegionsProvinces" and "Lands to Conquer" mods. All the mods were installed the same way in their own separate directory within the Medieval II folder re: the instructions.:hmmm:
    Worse, when I run vanilla MTWII it still has some of the tweaks from the Ultimate AI mod (like the displayed year) I had run before - despite uninstalling, reinstalling (and then getting MedManager). Could this be disrupting the running of the other mods?
    A lack of discernible differences between vanilla and The Long Road mod (even with its latest addon) other than that "the year" goes back to "turn #" makes me think that Im basically playing vanilla maybe with some Ultimate AI stuff.
    Finally the game crashes everytime I go to battle mode, regardless of which mod I begin with! Tips to get all this fixed would be greatly appreciated!

Ok. I've read a few of these threads and I"m still a little confused about how this actually works. I've played mods on Rome before, but this is my first time with M2TW. I downloaded the Anno Domini mod and your manager. I install the manager. The part where I'm lost is with the directories. When I launch the install for the mod, it asks where it should put the files.
    1. Do I create a new mod first in the medmanager?
    2. Or do I place the install files in some new folder and deal with the manager later?
    I'm really not sure why this is so confusing to me, but If you or someone could please help me out I would really appreciate it. I can't wait to use this.
    Thanks

I haven't use the Anno Domini mod myself. Does it create its own sub-directory below the "Medieval II Total War" directory, or does it install on top of the original files? If the former then install the mod and then run MedManager and it should automatically detect the mod.

MedManager works by looking for mod .cfg files in the "Medieval II Total War" directory, and also by checking there is a corresponding sub-directory.

For example, installing the Lands To Conquer mod creates:

Medieval II Total War\landstoconquer.cfg (file)
    Medieval II Total War\landstoconquer (directory).

I finally got the manager to recognize the mod. Everything looks ok. But when I click on the icon, it begins to load the game (goes to black screen and adjusts resolution) but then it just goes back to windows. It doesn't load. I'm gonna try a different mod and see if it works. Thanks for clarifying the instructions though.

@Shellshock - I have been unable to change the campaign ending date on a mod save (mod shortcut set up using MedManager). I was previously able to change the end date on a vanilla save no problem. However, on two different mods I have attempted to change the ending date but when I load the save there is no change (still the same number of turns left).

I am playing 2 years/turn and showing turns as years. Could the latter have something to do with the problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Hi!

First of all, thanx for Medmanager! It's great!

I'm having some problem or at least I think I do...

I can't change the unit size. I started a game with spain and by misstake I used medium unit size. So I changed to large with medmanager but nothing seems to happen ingame. Not in the units I already have or the ones I recruit.

Because a medium size archers is 60, a large 90 and huge 120 or am I wrong? Dismounted knights, 60, 90 and 120 etc.

thanx.

Im curious as to what else this little tool can do...

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

can i merge Mtw Classic Total War 5.0 withr egions province mod using this?

This wont install after i uninstalled it last time. How do i install manually?
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

I can't tell if I'm not reading something correctly or what, but using the mod manager, how can I run Darthmod AND Ultimate AI at the same time? Is this possible? I see the template option, but it seems to just copy the files into the other directory, and not the executables that have to be run in order to start the mod.

Am I missing something, or what?

Great guide by the way, got me started on everything but this question, and I see you have the answer in the first post, but I can't seem to get it working both at the same time.

Does this work with patch 1.2? Specifically I would like to change my current save game to large unit sizes.

Thanks

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

I got medmanager and wanted to change difficulty in a saved game. Butwhen I try to open the save file I get "error getting current year" ...

I have 1.2 , maybe its not compatible or??
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

I'm not surprised it is not compatible as I have not tried it with 1.2.

Lord Firkraag's Avatar Tiro

Getting the same error with current year, with 1.2. It's a shame, this seems like an awesome tool otherwise. I'd love nothing more than to change a couple things about my game without having to start over.

Werner von Urslingen's Avatar Civis

ShellShock: Are you planing to update your brillant tool, so it also works with savegames from 1.2?

Lord Firkraag's Avatar Tiro

A newer version of this would be fantastic.

Any plans to update this utility for use with Kingdoms?

I'll see about updating MedManager to work with Kingdom's save files (I don't think I'll update the mod support feature as this is probably not used that much).

I have already got a version that works with the Brittania campaign, as I was thinking I might need to decrease the difficulty of my own personal game!

For Kingdoms the save game file offsets differ for each campaign, and from the main game, so this means I have five different set of offsets to worry about. Plus which my dev PC is currently out of action awaiting some memory replacement. Anyway, I may have a new version of MedManager next weekend.