Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

Default Re: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

hi, could you offer any help with the anno domini mod using medmanager - both youre program and that mod look amazing just needing a bit of help!! i do everything you suggest in the forum and start with the shortcut - i cannot continue my previous game so i assume its half working, the pictures on the load screen arent there so again i assume its kind of working, but when i start a new campaign its just the vanilla map

s'alright - fixed it - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergeek View Post
    s'alright - fixed it - thanks
    Must have been telekinesis.

Great program! Thanks for the effort.

Sorry to be such a newb but I can not get MedManager to launch. I get the "encountered a problem and must close" message every time I run it.
    My other computer runs it no problem but it doesn't have MTW2 installed.

I'm using WinXP Media Ed on the problem computer with all the possible updates from Microsoft I could get (through Auto Update).

Any help would be great. I can also post the error report if that would help.

thanks

Are you using MedManager 1.0.0.6?

Yes, error report would help. I assume the error occurs when MedManager is starting.

Patton's Avatar Civis

Thank you.
    I needed this.
    anyone can win a battle only a military genius can keep an army supplied.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
    Are you using MedManager 1.0.0.6?

Yes, error report would help. I assume the error occurs when MedManager is starting.
    That is correct. It's odd and Im sure something stupid I've done. I've attached the summary. Not sure how to attach the whole report, the one that gets sent to Microsoft.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by blakwat View Post
    That is correct. It's odd and Im sure something stupid I've done. I've attached the summary. Not sure how to attach the whole report, the one that gets sent to Microsoft.

Thanks again.
    The error report says you are using MedManager 1.0.0.5. The latest version (in the first post in this thread) is 1.0.0.6. Please download 1.0.0.6 and try again. I do not think this will fix your problem, but 1.0.0.6 has more error reporting when MedManager launches. Post any error that it reports.

Thanks.

Will do.

Cheers

Do you have to uninstall an older version, or can you just install the new version over the old version? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifman View Post
    Do you have to uninstall an older version, or can you just install the new version over the old version? Thanks.
    Best to uninstall it first - only takes a minute.

The first mod i made with this worked fine, all the changes were there, but when i tried to fight battles the game gave error message. I reinstalled M2, patched to 1.1 and built a mod with same files but didnt change anything, encountered the same problem. Any idea where i went wrong (im guessing some simple thing i forgot)

Check the end of the Medieval II Total War\system.log.txt file for errors.

I found the following at the end of the log:
    20:39:45.402 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:13.519 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/quotes.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:40:13.535 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/quotes.txt is missing
    20:40:13.550 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:13.550 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:15.211 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    20:40:15.226 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    20:40:15.555 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:22.275 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_oil_effect.txt is missing
    20:40:22.275 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    20:40:22.917 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:22.933 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:40:23.011 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt is missing
    20:40:23.011 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:40:23.058 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt is missing
    20:40:23.090 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:40:23.090 [system.io] [warning] open: England1/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt is missing
    20:40:24.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#green_circle.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:24.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#arrow.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:24.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#arrow_distance.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:24.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#outline.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:24.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#unit_indicator_arrow.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:24.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/battlefield/cloud_sprite.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:24.813 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/weapon_phalanx_spear.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.016 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/arrow_red.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.016 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/vertex_pointer.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.016 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/waypoint_marker.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.016 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/battlefield_border.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.032 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/deployment_area_border.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.032 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#splash_ring.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.032 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#water_drop.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:25.032 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#weather.tga.dds is missing
    20:40:33.992 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Do you get a CTD if you play without a mod?

I don't think I'll be able to help much because it is either a problem with your vanilla installation or how you have modded it.

Clean installation after an uninstall of m2. CTD? Unsure what you mean by vanilla installation. Played v1.0 no prob getting to battle map, played v1.1 and also had no difficulty getting to battle map. Only after i made a mod (with no changed files in mod) did i encounter a problem with battle map only.
    The game ran fine, with mods, after the first installation for 50 turns, untill the first time i went to the battle map. thanks for your replys, your support is appreciated.

Papal_Knight's Avatar Biarchus

this thread screams "sticky post me ASAP"

Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum

"this thread screams "sticky post me ASAP""

??

Yeh Shellshock!! You da man!!!

-Josh