selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Default Re: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

Thanks ShellShock, works really well!
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

K I have a large problem,

I have the STEAM version if Medieval II.

When I try to launch the mod it tells me it can't find STEAM.

I plan on reporting this to CA, but I thought you might have some ideas.

I looks like my 8hrs of downloading an 11gb file, is not enough torture. I am currently unable to mod my game....ARGHHHHH. So I guess I need to shell out $50 more to be able to mod, WHAT A CROCK!!!

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

Quote Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post

OK, I think I see what you mean. :hmmm:

Are you talking about the screen that displays when you load a game - the one with the quote at the bottom? You are right that this screen does not display any picture for mods; I think the pictures must be inside one of the packs. Hopefully when CA supplies the patch this will include a pack extractor so we will be able to include the screen in our own mods.

The new version of MedManager should work with any existing mods. If you have mods already set up in their own directories, then the new version will auto-detect them and create icons for them.

One thing about the CA patch - when it arrives it will probably not work with the save file editing in MedManager, until I get a chance to update that too.
    Indeed - we don't see that screens.

Anyway - when I create a mod sometimes it keeps generateing more same folder/mod/files inside my files (one in another) copying my mod for 6-7 times. If I delete those clones it works fine.
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

You can add a splash and loading screens as in RTW

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    You can add a splash and loading screens as in RTW

repman

Yes - you can - but if you don't want to do that you will have none Or I can have the same 1 screen for 17 times like you once ghad
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

how do i put the agent videos back on?
    im using shaba wangy's diplomacy mod, and he turned off agent videos, so im wondering how to put them back on.

thanks

im using shaba wangy's diplomacy mod, with med manager, and he turned off agent videos, so im wondering how to put them back on.

thanks

I am having a problem. MedManager throws up a "Object Reference not Set to a specific intance" error when I try to edit my savegame.

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    K I have a large problem,

I have the STEAM version if Medieval II.

When I try to launch the mod it tells me it can't find STEAM.

I plan on reporting this to CA, but I thought you might have some ideas.

I looks like my 8hrs of downloading an 11gb file, is not enough torture. I am currently unable to mod my game....ARGHHHHH. So I guess I need to shell out $50 more to be able to mod, WHAT A CROCK!!!
    I got the steam version too. I guess I will have to get the CD-from-retail version too...if I want mods to work

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by thomonkey View Post
    im using shaba wangy's diplomacy mod, and he turned off agent videos, so im wondering how to put them back on.

thanks
    First am not sure if you double post or it was the sites fault but its a side affect using mod switch just copy your fmv folder to your mod and it will work again

Quote Originally Posted by dopp View Post
    I am having a problem. MedManager throws up a "Object Reference not Set to a specific intance" error when I try to edit my savegame.
    Please see the PM I have sent you about this.

Whenever I try to run Medmanager I get the following error: Medmanager has encountered a problem and to close.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blakwat View Post
    Whenever I try to run Medmanager I get the following error: Medmanager has encountered a problem and to close.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    What version of Windows are you using?

You could try manually installing the .Net Framework 2 from Microsoft to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
    What version of Windows are you using?

You could try manually installing the .Net Framework 2 from Microsoft to see if that helps.
    Thanks i will try that though I am under the impression I have it already. I am using XP Media Ed Sp2, I believe.

Cheers

I hope I have fixed a bug in MedManager when editing a save game that has been created with a mod that uses the mod switch (i.e., has its own directory).

The CA update is out tomorrow, and I will probably need to make changes to support that too, so I will wait until then before releasing the new version of MedManager (probably this week end).

I have updated the MedManager.zip in the first post:

15th December 2006.
    Fixed editing saves created by a mod that uses the mod switch (has its own directory).
    Tested with CA update 1.01.
    Last edited by ShellShock; December 16, 2006 at 09:29 AM.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

I very much appreciate your work ShellShock

beezneez's Avatar Civis

hope this isnt a stupid question, but can i use the manager to have two or more mods running at the same time? like lands to conquer and shaba's diplomacy mod together? is there a certain load order i need to do for that, loike the oblivion mod manager? great tool btw, wont have to reinstall a billion times
    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralizing temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilization', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement."
    -The Roman Author Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by beezneez View Post
    hope this isnt a stupid question, but can i use the manager to have two or more mods running at the same time? like lands to conquer and shaba's diplomacy mod together? is there a certain load order i need to do for that, loike the oblivion mod manager? great tool btw, wont have to reinstall a billion times
    Depends what you mean by "running at the same time":

You can have both mods installed, and then choose which one you want to play at any particular time. So you would have a Lands to Conquer campaign and a separate Diplomacy campaign.

But if you want to combine both mods into a single campaign, then MedManager can't help because the chances are that both mods include changes to the same files, some of which may be incompatible with each other.

However, if may not be too difficult for a modder to combine the two mods together, to create a new mod.

beezneez's Avatar Civis

gotcha, thanks shellshock
    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralizing temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilization', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement."
    -The Roman Author Tacitus