Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

Default Re: MedManager - M2TW Mod Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
    The one that is not working is the Royal arms Mod, the other ones Deus Le Volt and Regnum Dei work fine. Sorry for the late reply.
    I posted in the Royal arms thread about this. The problem is that the Royal Arms rar file does not have the correct directories in it.

It has:

Royal Arms\data\base
    Royal Arms\data\imperial_campaign

where it should be

Royal Arms\data\world\maps\base
    Royal Arms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

I hope Xerces can fix this.

Rothgar - you could unzip the rar file to a temporary directory, and then copy

"Royal Arms\data\base" to "Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\base"

"Royal Arms\data\imperial_campaign" to "Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign"

Or if you are using MedManager, create a "Royal Arms" mod icon first, and then copy

"Royal Arms\data\base" to "Medieval II Total War\Royal Arms\data\world\maps\base"

"Royal Arms\data\imperial_campaign" to "Medieval II Total War\Royal Arms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign"
    Last edited by ShellShock; December 03, 2006 at 03:00 AM.

Please note that I have just updated the first post in this thread with MedManager version 1.0.0.4.

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

Ave ShellShock!

May I ask you to incorparate still my new findings for changing time/turns and timescale ("speed of turns") in savefiles (and maybe also factions - I must test it at first, however) to some your net .NET product?

I have posted them to .org section of Tutorials, because I am afraid that here in TWC the posts could be again destructed and I am too busy to could write the posts again. You can find the link to the tread also in TWC Tutorial subsection. I think that they are worth of more convenient GUI like my hexediting findigs for Demo custom battles, here was our mutual cooperation great....

Also, I have answered your PM, but it appears that my answer was also erased, I dont know. Maybe you have had a chance to read it before "updating the forum". In short, dont care about my suggestion, it is theoretically better to do it as I have suggested, but in real performance with -mod switch in preference file it wouldnt have probably any impact ....

Bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

Quote Originally Posted by Sinuhet View Post
    Ave ShellShock!

May I ask you to incorparate still my new findings for changing time/turns and timescale ("speed of turns") in savefiles (and maybe also factions - I must test it at first, however) to some your net .NET product?
    I have just uploaded version 1.0.0.5 of MedManager to the first post, and it includes your suggestions. Many thanks for your valuable input

With this version you can change the following in save files:

o Campaign difficulty.
    o Battle difficulty.
    o Unit scale.
    o The current season and year.
    o The season and year the campaign starts and ends.
    o The number of years per turn.
    o Whether dates or turns are displayed.

I personally like the last one a lot - you can now change an existing game so it displays the current year and not the turn number.

You are magic !

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Nice work ShellShock, instant download.

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Thank You Shellshock got my EDU file into the game.

Ave!

My problem is, when I change the timescale in my savegame the game exits with critical error at the end of the turn. Is there a soultion? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by guczy View Post
    Ave!

My problem is, when I change the timescale in my savegame the game exits with critical error at the end of the turn. Is there a soultion? Thank you!
    guczy - I've sent you a PM about this.

Burebista's Avatar Electro Artifacts AP

Great tool -

But useing the mod manager obliges me to create for every mod new menu and loading screens (i.e folders with something in them). Otherwise the game will play with blanks. Is there a way around it? At least can someone supply the original ones if they are a must have?

Thanks
    Modding Arts Inc.

SS City Reinforcement Script - (*SS 6.2 any mod comptible)

Quote Originally Posted by Burebista View Post
    Great tool -

But useing the mod manager obliges me to create for every mod new menu and loading screens (i.e folders with something in them). Otherwise the game will play with blanks. Is there a way around it? At least can someone supply the original ones if they are a must have?

Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean.

When I "install" a new mod using MedManager, the mod inherits the menu and loading screens from the original game, so there is no need to create new ones.

I don't get loading screens either but I've got the minimum folders ticked on the Mod template to save on space, I'm guessing you have to have the folder with the loading screens ticked to see them on mods?

Will installing the new version affect any of the mods I have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface1982 View Post
    I don't get loading screens either but I've got the minimum folders ticked on the Mod template to save on space, I'm guessing you have to have the folder with the loading screens ticked to see them on mods?

Will installing the new version affect any of the mods I have installed?

OK, I think I see what you mean. :hmmm:

Are you talking about the screen that displays when you load a game - the one with the quote at the bottom? You are right that this screen does not display any picture for mods; I think the pictures must be inside one of the packs. Hopefully when CA supplies the patch this will include a pack extractor so we will be able to include the screen in our own mods.

The new version of MedManager should work with any existing mods. If you have mods already set up in their own directories, then the new version will auto-detect them and create icons for them.

One thing about the CA patch - when it arrives it will probably not work with the save file editing in MedManager, until I get a chance to update that too.

Yeah, any of the screens with the quotes. I don't get them. I assumed it was in one of the other folders I didn't have ticked. No biggie anyway to be honest. I don't pay much attention to the loading screen at all.

The new version of MedManager should work with any existing mods. If you have mods already set up in their own directories, then the new version will auto-detect them and create icons for them.
    Cheers, I'll install it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by guczy View Post
    To everyone else who has this problem: if it crashes go to medmanager and also change the season! It worked for me.
    "A magyarok nyilaitól ments meg Uram minket! (Középkori ima)"

"Lord save us from the bows of the Hungarians!" (Medieval prayer)

Is there a way to install the Diplomacy Mod with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldato View Post
    Is there a way to install the Diplomacy Mod with this?
    Yes, this is very easy. You do not need to follow the instructions in the Diplomacy mod readme.txt.

Using v1.1 of the ShabaWangy Diplomacy Mod, and 1.0.0.5 of MedManager.

Unzip the "ShabaWangy Diplomacy Mod.zip" to your "Medieval II Total War" directory. If you are using Winzip, make sure "Use folder names" is ticked.

You should end up with the following directories:

Medieval II Total War\ShabaWangy Diplomacy Mod
    Medieval II Total War\ShabaWangy Diplomacy Mod\data
    Medieval II Total War\ShabaWangy Diplomacy Mod\data\text

Run MedManager. It will auto-detect the new mod and create a "ShabaWangy Diplomacy Mod" icon for you in the Mods section, and also on the desktop. You can rename this if you like in MedManager (select the icon and hit F2, or right click it and select rename).

MedManager will also copy in some additional files (from the Mod Template), to make sure the mod plays properly.

Double click the icon to play the mod.

pardon my spelling.

Im expriencing a problem with either the medmanager or shabawangys mod im not sure which one is causing this problem.
    the problem is i dont see the movies of the assasins, spys etc...

Why do I have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher A View Post
    pardon my spelling.

Im expriencing a problem with either the medmanager or shabawangys mod im not sure which one is causing this problem.
    the problem is i dont see the movies of the assasins, spys etc...

Why do I have this problem?
    This is a problem with the mod, or more properly with CA's mod switch.

Try copying the "Medieval II Total War\data\fmv" directory to "shabamod\data\fmv". The fmv directory is all the movies in the game, and is quite large. This should fix the problem.

It is a pity that the game does not default to picking up these movies from the original install if they are not present in the mod directories.
    Last edited by ShellShock; December 10, 2006 at 07:48 AM.

The save game editor doesn't seem to work with any of my Mongol saves.