Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hegemonia Modpack v4.1 Released!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: Hegemonia Modpack v4.1 Released!

Of course i need help sent me a pm to tell you what to do exactly to join Heg Dev group
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Do I need the original mod (V 1.0) or can i start with this download?

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Do I need the original mod (V 1.0) or can i start with this download?
    Of course you need the to install first the hegemonia 0.99 then this modpack.
    V 1.0 is not yet released.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Blog Entries

Thanks, didn't know what the current version was haha

Blog Entries

So, on iMac I have installed the 0.99 version of the mod into Rome: Total War - Gold Edition>Contents>Resources>Data alongside my vanilla 'data' folder and BI. When I type -mod:hcs into the command line and i get the initial load screen, but CTD after a few seconds. I think its something to do with the fact that there is no fmv folder in the mod containing the intro video etc. Should I try to integrate/merge my hcs and BI files so that an fmv is present, or should I copy paste the vanilla BI dmv into the hcs. Any tips at all would really help!

PS: I have also tried -mod:hcs -show_err -nm which gives the same CTD

Blog Entries

Ok Ive got past the CTD problem, but now in battles (I've only tested custom battles however) there's some sort of weird effect when I zoom in close on units that creates a 'mist' around them, and pixelates them so i can only really see the heads of my soldiers. Any thoughts?

Your hcs folder should be into the bi folder, not next to it, I think. For the units, have you tried to modify the video parameters ?

And then make sure that your shortcut is directed to RTW-BI.exe -mod:hcs (and not RTW.exe -mod:hcs)

Blog Entries

It appears that the pixelation glitch was the grass not realy agreeing with my computer. I think I deleted descr_grass.txt and another text file, maybe called grass.txt? Anyway, after this I had the vanilla grass and it worked fine. Does hcs have different vegetation normally?

I have installed v 0.99 and modpack 4.1, but the game crashes everytime I quit and I'm unable to play imperial campaign, I can only go to "other campaigns" and play the one there. Are these known issues?

I identified this bug which make crash the game when player quit the game. It's a horrible bug (very very hard to find) which make me crazy by the past but it can be fixed with lot of patience! So this bug doesn't exit any more in my mod but if you want try to fix it too for hcs, I wish you many courage and very long work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tchateur View Post
    I identified this bug which make crash the game when player quit the game. It's a horrible bug (very very hard to find) which make me crazy by the past but it can be fixed with lot of patience! So this bug doesn't exit any more in my mod but if you want try to fix it too for hcs, I wish you many courage and very long work!
    Can you give any hint?

A hint...?

OK. The crash when leaving the game come automatically when you start to mod one of the 21 factions of Barbarian Invasions. First stage for you will to find what is this faction, and after fix the problem. Good luck...

And it's only one of the terrible bugs of hcs mod. There are many others like this one. All can be fixed, but the main problem is that hcs was developped with these problems at the source of his creation and so, it's more difficult to make corrections of many files modified with mistakes, rather re-write good files from vanilla B.I

Of course I work hard at 100% of my free time on my mod for years and I dont want try to repair a mod so much strike by evil diseases. The baby just needs to reborn!

Tchateur, I can't understand why you are always criticizing this mod. Aside from a few small bugs and the need for some changes to the economic system, it's not bad in its current state.

Critics are necessary to make a perfect mod. I like very much hcs (like you and others guys who are on this forum) which has very good advances in the modding (most beautiful units, good animations of skeleton, good history references, wonderful cities etc..)
    But majority of players never say that hcs is one of the best mod for RTW, because there aro too much very terrible bugs which make the game quickly boring. It's the reality, hcs mod needs to be entirely corrected. It's really not possible to continue to play a campaign that can crash loading battles, leaving game, or where all cards dont appear etc...!!!

With me who work on his new developpment and the others modders who continue to work too, we are improving the mod. I just say that's time to all lovers of RTW/HCS to discover a real mod not bugged everywhere and stable like vanilla RTW. This is coming. HCS (or more exactly Guerres médiques) will be soon greater than RSII or EB. But people who wants to continue to play on old hcs v.0.9 can continue if they want...

Well, why not creating a sub-forum for Tchateur's Guerres Médiques ? It would allow Tchateur to talk about his work and show the progress, and the hcs team to work on hcs. Indeed, criticism is necessary when there are things to criticize, but there is no link at all between hcs and Tchateur's sub-mod and both can be developped, so there is no need of rivalry. When anyone will be able to test and compare both mode in its final version, it will be possible to tell which one is the best, but I don't think that such a comparison is useful. Criticism is also more useful when it helps correcting the mistakes. As BHL20, I see no reason to be so hard with hcs : all the major bugs have been corrected, the game never crashes and it is really playable. Of course, it could be even better, but as it is it's already a good mod. I hope I will be soon be able to test Tchateur's work, as I think it contains very interesting features that could improve the gameplay.
    [In French for Tchateur, as I know his English is not perfect] : Pourquoi ne pas créer un sub-forum pour le mod "Guerres Médiques" de Tchateur ? Cela permettrait à Tchateur de parler de son mod et d'en montrer les progrès, et à l'équipe d'hcs de travailler sur hcs. Bien sûr, la critique est nécessaire quand il y a des choses à critiquer, mais il n'y a aucun lien entre hcs et le sub-mod de Tchateur, et il est possible de développer les deux sans problème, donc il n'y a pas besoin d'entrer en rivalité. Quand on pourra tester et comparer les deux mods dans leur version finale, on pourra dire lequel est le meilleur, mais je ne crois pas que cette comparaison soit utile. En outre, la critique est surtout utile quand elle permet d'aider à corriger les erreurs. Comme BHL20, je ne vois pas de raisons d'être si dur avec hcs : tous les bugs principaux ont été corrigés, le jeu ne crashe pas et il est vraiment agréable à jouer. Bien sûr, il pourrait être encore meilleur, mais en l'état, c'est déjà un bon mod. J'espère pouvoir bientôt tester le travail de tchateur, car j'ai l'impression qu'il contient des idées qui pourraient améliorer le gameplay.

Yes, I think a good time to create a forum for my mod Guerres Médiques will be when I will release the bêta in august. I wish many gamers will try my project and can compare my mod with others, because I'm making a very different clean mod (full of new ideas) with lot of serious. The mod is not in competition with hcs because completly different, but I hope one day hcs original version can be realy ameliorated and exempt from problems.
    My participation to HCS forum is to wake up modders and gamers and regive envy to replay a mod almost forgotten by the communauty!

Well the development for Hegemonia is now restarted so i am optimistic about the future of Heg. We need only time maybe 3 months to see the results. Before September we will have the new version.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Well the development for Hegemonia is now restarted so i am optimistic about the future of Heg. We need only time maybe 3 months to see the results. Before September we will have the new version.
    Can we get an idea of what to expect in the new version? I'm assuming v0.99 + your modpack is going to be the base, but what else?