Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hegemonia Modpack v4.1 Released!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: Hegemonia Modpack v3a Released!

Minor things only that do not break the game.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: Hegemonia Modpack v3b Released!

Update: New edu with balances.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Thank you! I will download it now. Does this include a fix to remove the copious amount of money you start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    Thank you! I will download it now. Does this include a fix to remove the copious amount of money you start with?
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Yup
    I started a campaign with the Etruscans and I still had like 35000 gold at the start. Did I do something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    I started a campaign with the Etruscans and I still had like 35000 gold at the start. Did I do something wrong?
    No i rebalanced the starting money, it's ok now. Before you had 70k at the start.

Oh okay. Yeah it's more fun now. I'm really enjoying it as the boeotian league. Thank you for your work

Glad to see this here and great job on it too. I've been trying it out myself and doing a little tweaking to the AI formations text document. I've modded it so the hoplites line up in a line with their general on the right instead of behind the line.

Has anyone started messing with the speed of the units on the battlefield? I've been out of modding for years now, so I can't remember where to change the speed of the units, especially the hoplites. In my tests when opposing hoplites clash, they get entangled in each other's formations, and it turns the battle lines into just a mess. I think it is the speed of the units that is causing this, does anyone else agree or know why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus Rider View Post
    Glad to see this here and great job on it too. I've been trying it out myself and doing a little tweaking to the AI formations text document. I've modded it so the hoplites line up in a line with their general on the right instead of behind the line.

Has anyone started messing with the speed of the units on the battlefield? I've been out of modding for years now, so I can't remember where to change the speed of the units, especially the hoplites. In my tests when opposing hoplites clash, they get entangled in each other's formations, and it turns the battle lines into just a mess. I think it is the speed of the units that is causing this, does anyone else agree or know why this is happening?
    Movement speed is mainly tied to the unit animations (contained in animations folder and assigned to models in descr_model_battle). But I don't think the unit speed would be the cause of the entanglements. It's probably due to unit weights and formation variables in the export_descr_unit file and maybe also whether or not you have the units fighting in defensive mode.

Maybe start with checking to see if all hoplite units have highly_trained in stat_mental (affects formation tidyness) in EDU file? Also maybe check to see if they have similar soldier weights (both a hidden value in the model I believe as well as one you can modify in the EDU (last variable in the 'soldier' line).

Wheres Tchateur and his HCS rebirth project? He disappeared. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Wheres Tchateur and his HCS rebirth project? He disappeared. lol
    TWC database crashed, we reverted back to 25 december.

TWC database crashed, we reverted back to 25 december.
    Oh, damn, didn't knew that.

b0Gia thanks for doing this. Its awesome!

Do you have any future work on this mod planned that I should be chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geg View Post
    b0Gia thanks for doing this. Its awesome!

Do you have any future work on this mod planned that I should be chasing.
    Well short answer yes. Things always can be improved. Long answer not something anytime soon. Now i am working with EB and exams are coming. Also i am waiting to speak with Jarlaxe first.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Very glad to see people still going on with real TW games.... I got to install it again, and play some mods...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Very glad to see people still going on with real TW games.... I got to install it again, and play some mods...
    Try Hegemonia and Europa Barbarorum for rtw, diadochi total war is also very good and Europa Barbarorum 2 for Medieval 2.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Try Hegemonia and Europa Barbarorum for rtw, diadochi total war is also very good and Europa Barbarorum 2 for Medieval 2.
    Have already been there! YEARS ago! Trying version after version, after version.... Those were the days!

still recieve error while i try to exit game
    and screen blinking when loading bar runs
    known issues

I get the error when exiting too but havent notied other problems (havent played much yet though).

What is the reccomended difficulty for this mod by the way?

We will either find a way, or make one.

Guys are you using the latest version 3b?