Thread: Merging two mods.

Default Merging two mods.

Hello TWC, I'm fairly new here and as such, if this is the wrong place to post this, please forgive me.

What I'd like to do is combine the faction recolor of Flags of Factions by Noif de Bodemloze and the equipment changes in Historically inspired Nordic factions reskin by PaleBlueDot , especially for the Saxon faction (Yay for red and white Saxons!)

As I'm understanding, the Assembly Kit is not out for Attila yet, what tools are people using for these mods?

And on that note, where could I get more info for unit customization? I'm not new to the modding scene in general, just to the TW series. I have a couple of things I would like to try and do.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: Merging two mods.

Pack file manager. Open one mod then press add from directory or something like that and add the other mod

Kinda late, but yep that did the trick. Not to the extend I would like (There are some inconsistencies) but oh, well. I'll keep fiddling around with it until I figure what's what.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

a little note from me, always remember to use the "Check errors for table" (sth like that) button

Attached are two mods:
    The first one is my Nordic Faction Reskin, but without faction colours, meaning that either vanilla game or some other mod will decide the faction colors.

The second mod is simply faction colors for the 3 viking forefather factions. If you want to keep these colours it should be possible to simply add this mod to the data folder. (Might have to be renamed to get in the right loading order). Can't guarantee that something strange won't happen with these or other faction colors. however.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PaleBlueDot; April 23, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleBlueDot View Post
    Attached are two mods:
    The first one is my Nordic Faction Reskin, but without faction colours, meaning that either vanilla game or some other mod will decide the faction colors.

The second mod is simply faction colors for the 3 viking forefather factions. If you want to keep these colours it should be possible to simply add this mod to the data folder. (Might have to be renamed to get in the right loading order). Can't guarantee that something strange won't happen with these or other faction colors. however.
    You, sir are infinitely awesome, not only because of delivering what I asked in the first place, but because it can hopefully help me understand what I did wrong when merging them. Thank you.