Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

DrwHem's Avatar Tiro

Default looking for campaign mod

Are there any fantasy based mods out there that have a campaign to play? I have been watching the lord of the rings one and the game of thrones one but neither of them have campaign play enabled.

Default Re: looking for campaign mod

Well you can't alter the campaign map and as far as I can tell its probably hard to add in monsters and other fantastical elements. I am working on a Witcher mod for Warhammer because its much easier to use that game for the fantasy genre. I also want to do a lord of the rings mod for that game at some point.

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

Default Re: looking for campaign mod

Hi there,

i'm looking for a mod which fixes the cheating and immersion breaking AI!

That means to me in detail:

1. AI having infinite money!
    2. AI pays only very little or no unit upkeep at all!
    3. AI immune to public order issues when conquering settlements!
    4. AI spamming agents due to having infinite money!

I like to role play my campaigns but with so much cheating it is simply not enjoyable to me. Note that I'm not interested in having it easier, I do play on hardest difficulty, I simply would like the AI to act a bit more plausible and realistic! It is, for example, weird when one barbarian faction can conquer most of western Europe within the first few turns just because AI doesn't have to pay attention to public order, money etc...

Thanks!

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

One of the mods listed in the DB thread the first post links to promised to make the Dumnonii a playable faction; the Usurpers and Rebels mod. Unfortunately, this mod either never made it to completion or stopped working after an update.

I know the Dumnonii tribe/Kingdom of Dumnonia wasn't a major player on the world stage, but they'd be an interesting faction to play nonetheless for a number of reasons. Firstly, their kingdom is thought to have existed on both sides of the English channel, on both the Cornish and Armorican peninsulas. Secondly, though its mainland-British half was, like much of Britain, eventually subsumed by the Anglo-Saxons of Wessex it lasted at least 500 years after the Roman legions departed. It was a major foe of the kingdom of Wessex, forging at least one alliance with Vikings. Wessex defeated them all anyway, but, y'know, it's Wessex, man. Thirdly, if it interests anyone, the legendary figure of King Arthur would, if any of the legends are true, have been a Dumnonii.

So my question is: has anyone else attempted a mod featuring the Dumnonii or their subsequent kingdom as a playable faction? Failing that, would any modder consider taking on the challenge?

Default Opinions regarding a few mods I have researched

So I have played total war games for a good long while. Mostly custom or multiplayer. Campaign always seemed a bit off to me throughout the games but I recently went on a 300 turn spree in Rome 2 with the DEI mod by Dresden. It was absolutely fantastic and I hope to start a new one when the mod is stable without changes in 1.2. I want to enjoy this one a bit and I'm having a hard time understanding the differences between a couple mods.

Dresden made the fall of the eagles mod and has recommended in steam comments to use Europa Perdita mod with it. Also I've read alot about the Tuskmod. I'm wanting battle realism and campaign depth. I want the most realistic and best experience I can find. So I'm wonder which I should run. FOTE & EP or Tuskmod. It is really hard for me to just play and tell the differences. I rather know it and research it before hand. As I was very pleased with my results and finding DEI for Rome 2.

Default Re: Attila Mod Recommendations & Queries!

To Old Dessauer,
    I agree about diplomatic penalties in fact seems to me the greater the empire the more others will want to cooperate for their own safety and prosperity.
    Regarding turns per year; Dresden has made some great TPY mods, I use his 12 TPY mod and love it! You can find it on steam.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Music in Attila Total War

I find the music in Attila to be extremely sparse and dull. I haven't been able to find any music mod for Attila. Has anyone developed a mod to change the music in Attila, especially on the campaign map? I think it makes a huge difference to the campaign experience - anyone who ever played Broken Crescent mod for Medieval 2 TW knows that. Any music mod out there for Attila?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Default Re: Music in Attila Total War

No. CA doesn't have the rights to release modding tools for the music. It's a shame. While I liked the music of Attila, I'm sick of it. I usually listen to Skyrim music on youtube while I play.

EDIT: Nevermind
    Last edited by Gen. Sherman; February 21, 2017 at 07:04 AM.

ElijahR's Avatar Foederatus

Default Age of Charlemagne Britannic Factions

Does anyone know of a mod that unlocks the Britannic factions i.e Kent, Ailech, Munster, Leinster, Northumbria. And if there is not a mod for it (I doubt there is) how would I modify them into the game?

Default Re: Age of Charlemagne Britannic Factions

I put this in the wrong spot sorry.

of course there is! just search AOC factions pack on the steam workshop. Or even Age of Britannia.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    of course there is! just search AOC factions pack on the steam workshop. Or even Age of Britannia.
    I checked, yes their are few covered in the AOC factions pack, but the two I am really looking for is Kent and Ailech.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...63&searchtext=

And for some reason the Age of Britannia mod is dead. If you have the files feel free to send them to me. Or someone could tell me how to unlock them myself.

Default Age Of Britannia mod gone

As some of you know, the age of Britannia mod is gone, does anyone have the files for the mod? If so please send them, if it is ok to do that.

I like the SGZ's Supermod. Brighter faction colours, reduced great power penalties, increased spy viewing distances, battlefield improvements, 12TPY, nicer weather, new UI soon to be added. But I'm not totally objective here. ��
    Last edited by sgz; February 24, 2017 at 03:28 PM.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Sgz,
    I can't seem to find your Supermod.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Default Rise of Islam mod gone

Hy,

Yesterday I saw on Steam a mod named Rise of Islam, with 2 .pack's; managed to download only the second, the textures, but not the first. Today, this mod is gone, author seems deleting it. Is anybody downloaded it entirely ? Please send a link for it. Thanks a lot pals.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Rise of Islam mod gone

Herakleios: War of Three Faiths works fine.What are you talking about??

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=662742714

There was a different mod called Rise of Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wolf View Post
    There was a different mod called Rise of Islam.
    Yea, can somebody tell about it why is off after only 1 day on Steam ? Maybe is people who managed to download the whole mod and provide an alternative link. Thanks a lot.