Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Battle mods compatible with AoC

They are not so easy to find : most of Attila battle mods ala CloseCombat haven't been updated. I'm looking for a basic one with slower units speed, slightly slower battles, less lethal ranged weapons (seeing an elite unit being decimated in 2 minutes by archers while they just stand with their schields on is a terrible immersion killer for me) and basic units not fighting till last man standing without a root. Thx.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Default Re: No more collapsing tower when captured.

Well maybe a idea is remove the capture radius so you can't capture any towers and they wont collapse!.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Default Re: Trying to find a mod

It was only posted on the steam workshop, but then removed by the creator two days in

Default Created a detailed Late Roman Army with AOR?

Is there any mod that tries to recreate all known units into the game? As in all of the units that were named in the Notita Digintatum?

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Battle mods compatible with AoC

Try Fall of the Eagles. It is updated for AoC and leaves the factions, map and buildings vanilla, but combat is much slower, so you can actually maneuver (and you must). Archers can be annoying, but higher tier units in shield wall are almost immune. Tier 3 units are sometimes ridiculously overpowered, especially the generals early game, but I like that. And they made a nice reskin, but I believe they did not add units or change their function.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Battle mods compatible with AoC

Great. I didn't know it was updated for AoC. I already started a campaign so it will be for the next one. Vielen Dank.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Default Re: Unlocking all Factions in Age of Charlemagne?

Slavic factions in non steam version is not?

Default Re: Attila Mod Recommendations & Queries!

hi, are there any "big overhauls" for attila? i mostly played mods like europa barbarorum, broken crescent and so on.. it seems there are a lack of these for attila?

Foederatus

Default Re: No more collapsing tower when captured.

Quote Originally Posted by aljonzc View Post
    As the title says, is there a mod like it? or is it even possible to make that mod?
    I only know how to tweak mods but hard coded thing like collapsing tower is beyond my grasp...
    I hope somebody will remove it and instead of collapsing, the tower will be muted.

Sorry for my bad English though.
    I'm from Philippines, Mabuhay ^_^
    A better question might be is there anyway to stop towers firing indiscriminately. I'm sick of them firing on my own troops when engaged with the enemy.

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

Default Need a mod that adds Desert Attrition Immunity to all emergent/separatist/rebel factions in the desert.

Really they should have had that attribute from the start. My plans for world domination require me to manipulate a separatist faction to do my bidding, but somehow these people who have lived in the desert all their lives suddenly die 2 turns after deciding to revolt because they forgot how to be Fremen. The spice must flow, I have to take Omana from the Mazun without angering their puppet master.

Default Looking for western roman empire mod

Hi, recently started playing Attila total war but didn't like the way the western roman empire doesn't have the strongest melee infantry in the game. I fully understand why they don't, at this point rome is very weak but it makes sense to me that if you rebuilt the empire you would be rewarded with melee infantry stronger than anyone elses as rome was known for its infantry, not by much just a little bit (more symbolic than anything else - don't want an op unit or anything). So I'm looking for a mod that gives a unit slightly stronger than the Herculiani Seniores in around the region of 900 gold but isn't too out of place in the 4th/5th century, hence the reason im not just using mod that adds classic rome 2 legions.
    I know it's pretty precise but if anyone has seen a mod like the one im describing id really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Default Subjugate mod?

Hi,

When I was playing a the WRE, I wanted to subjugate all states outside the traditional roman lands. When I tried to subjugate those african factions, there was no option do that for some of the states. I was wondering if there is a mod out there that allows you ALL states. Thanks a bunch

Sean

Senator

Default Any mods that changes the faction colors?

To be less purple and yellow to more realistic in tone and color?

Thanks.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Default Mod that reduces squalor, and raises sanitation and public order or something similar that works for the newest version of the game?

Most of these "reduce squalor, food" etc mods were made almost a year ago now and I can't seem to get them to work. Does someone know a mod that does these things and works for the newest version of the game?

Default Is there any alternative updated mod similar to Imperiales Śconomić?

?

Default Re: Looking for western roman empire mod

You need this. This is exactly what are just what you are looking for with units like the: Auxilia Palatina - Honoriani Marcomanni Seniores
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I myself prefer ERE though, and espcially the Imperial Excubitores guard

Survive long enough as WRE and you will be recruiting very powerfull and historically accurate units

Edit: keep in mind you need two mods to get it working.
    Radious Total War Mod (Updated 9.2.2016)
    Radious Total Units Mod (Updated 9.2.2016)

Also these two are not needed but very recommended:
    [Official Submod] Additional Units Mod - Attila (AUM-ATT) 2.2 - (Updated 29.12.2015)
    [Official Submod] Radious Romani Units - Area of recruitment (AOR) Mods (Updated 25.1.2016)
    Last edited by Fedual; February 25, 2016 at 10:14 AM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: Attila Mod Recommendations & Queries!

The Marcomans religion should be Christian (probably Arian) as they were converted in the 350s under their last known ruler Queen Fritigil. They were part of a wave of Christian conversions among Germanic tribes to Arianism especially during the reigns of Arian or Semi-Arian emperors including Constantius II, Valentinian II and Valens.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Play dis mod instead: WRE civil war with rome2 auxillary.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=634243273

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    You need this. This is exactly what are just what you are looking for with units like the: Auxilia Palatina - Honoriani Marcomanni Seniores

I myself prefer ERE though, and espcially the Imperial Excubitores guard

Survive long enough as WRE and you will be recruiting very powerfull and historically accurate units
    Since when are Radious units historical accurate?

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

If you're looking for historically accurate armies and battles, use Fall of the Eagles. Superb mod!