Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: I miss the M2:TW Deus Lo Vult Mod :)

Ya truth is medieval 2 was a better game than what we have now with attila and rome 2. TW really hasnt been the same since shogun 2, which i actually really like btw

Before the motto of the series was total freedom, now its all about forcing the player to make tough choices

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Any working Arthurian/Dark Ages Britian mods out there?

So, I've done a bit of searching and I haven't had much luck, as such I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any mods the depcition Dark Ages Britain/Arthurian period if indeed there are any that are playable... or fuctioning properly at that! If there aren't does anyone know if there has been any consideration on development for such a mod?

Default Re: Any working Arthurian/Dark Ages Britian mods out there?

I'll take that resounding silence as a no! Haha!

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

Unfortunately that's true. I am hoping the DLC that was announced will be something like that. But it could be something for Rome II... Anyway, you'll have to look back to Medieval II for Arthurian mod- Invasio Barbarorum for example.

Anyone know of any starpos mods that are compatible with FOTE and EP then?

Default Looking for a specific mod for Attila

Looking for a mod that changes the start of the WRE campaign by only giving WRE the Italian peninsula and dividing up the previously held WRE provinces to other factions, similar to the Roman start in Rome 2 Total war. Thanks in advance.

Default (Request) Spectator Mode

I have checked the forum for ATTILA but couldnt find an SPECTATOR MODE to be able to WATCH the battles while my armies and the enemy are AI controlled, exactly what THIS mod for WARHAMMER does: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=874350931

can anyone point me in the right direction please? thanks!

Default Re: Any working Arthurian/Dark Ages Britian mods out there?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    I'll take that resounding silence as a no! Haha!
    the closest I've been to that period is with charlemagnes
    faction bundle, you can play as Mercia, Northumbria and Wessex I reckon, AI factions include Kent, Powyys, and many kingdoms in Wales, Scotland and Ireland, not precisely Dark Ages but well, its something

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Just bought today on steam with all expansions so now
    how do you add a mod?
    and how can you have more than one mod?

and having all the expansion not be compatible with the mods? Are they for the base game only?
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; September 08, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Bulk, you should probably refund Attila if you bought it on Steam and haven't played it for more than two hours yet.
    It is 75% off on HumbleBundle at the moment.

As for mods, it depends on whether they're a Steam mod or non-Steam mod. If its a mod from the Steam Workshop, just click Subscribe and you're good to go. Eg http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=434324718

If it's a non-Steam mod downloaded from somewhere like TWCenter or ModDB, then it'll usually be in a .rar file which you unpack using 7zip or Winrar then move the .pack and .png files contained in it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Attila\data then launch Attila, click the big Mod Manager button, tick "out of date mods" ON and then enable the mods.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 08, 2017 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Bulk, you should probably refund Attila if you bought it on Steam and haven't played it for more than two hours yet.
    wow yes I still can return it I never used humblebundle does it download direct to computer like a disk?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Just bought today on steam with all expansions so now
    how do you add a mod?
    and how can you have more than one mod?

and having all the expansion not be compatible with the mods? Are they for the base game only?
    Bulk,
    There are some truly great mods and modders on this forum. In most every case each mode has clear instructions. Typically you just drop the mods into your data folder in most cases.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    wow yes I still can return it I never used humblebundle does it download direct to computer like a disk?
    No it's exactly like Steam. It gives you a Steam key that you input into Steam directly, so to all purposes its as though you bought it off Steam but its cheaper.

I've used it quite a few times because they have really good game bundle deals. The first time I used it, it was quite confusing but its honestly easy.

No it's exactly like Steam. It gives you a Steam key that you input into Steam directly, so to all purposes its as though you bought it off Steam but its cheaper.

I've used it quite a few times because they have really good game bundle deals. The first time I used it, it was quite confusing but its honestly easy.
    awesome truly awesome if I could rep you again i would.

Thanks for the rep Bulk, much appreciated!! Let me know if I can assist with mod questions, I am happy to share from my own experiences.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Default AI chasing from across the world

Hey guys,

Anyone know of a mod that gets rid of this ridiculous feature where the AI chases you on the campaign map from half the world away? Played as huns and stayed around the steppe area and in come langobards chasing me around leaving their settlement empty.

Thanks!

That's a neat offer. Just want to ask: if I buy just Attila without DLCs (except blood dlc) will I lose any gameplay features playing Grand Campaign? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Demon Soul; September 23, 2017 at 09:43 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

No of course not. I haven't played the DLCs but I think they just add minor mechanics. I haven't played the DLC campaigns, but I think these are the mechanics they add. These mechanics only apply to the DLC campaigns, and aren't retrospectively applied to the base grand campaign.

Age of Charlemagne adds war weariness, where you suffer morale penalties if you're at war for too long. I think a mod has ported this to Attila without DLC though.
    The Last Roman is more RPG-esque, with lots of decisions you make during the campaign.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    That's a neat offer. Just want to ask: if I buy just Attila without DLCs (except blood dlc) will I lose any gameplay features playing Grand Campaign? Thanks in advance
    Nope this is not paradox, all the mechanics are there.
    And you also get to play against the dlc factions.

I have a question for everyone:
    Has any mod ever been able to successfully change even one campaign battle map?
    Like i am talking change up a river battle map on the campaign or a city like change the map of constantinople to something else .
    Even a proof of concept , anything.
    Bc it seems like all the extremely ambitious modding teams that boast they are going to release their mod with custom battle maps in campaign have not yet released anything,
    and i cannot find a single map that works in the campaign.
    Attila: Total War TWC benchmark thread - New results included - last content update 14.03.2015

Quote Originally Posted by revan.be View Post
    Nope this is not paradox, all the mechanics are there.
    And you also get to play against the dlc factions.

I have a question for everyone:
    Has any mod ever been able to successfully change even one campaign battle map?
    Like i am talking change up a river battle map on the campaign or a city like change the map of constantinople to something else .
    Even a proof of concept , anything.
    Bc it seems like all the extremely ambitious modding teams that boast they are going to release their mod with custom battle maps in campaign have not yet released anything,
    and i cannot find a single map that works in the campaign.
    The Medieval Kingdoms and Ancient Empire teams have I think, but neither has released their campaign yet.
    I think one of ArtStudio's submods for Medieval Kingdoms (can't remember what its called) did, but he might've taken down the mod.