Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [MOD RELEASED] Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked ! ( UPDATED 1.3 patch ready! + ALL DLC version!)

Default Re: [MOD RELEASED] Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked !

hmm, intresting.. and the campaign run with these changes?

edit:
    Works again !! BIG thanks for suveraan
    save game compatible.
    Last edited by Hunor; March 06, 2015 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Guys , bad news. at the moment i dont find a problem with new patch.

this mod edited only :
    - faction_civil_war_setups_tables
    - faction_rebellion_units_junctions_tables
    - faction_to_faction_groups_junctions_tables
    - factions_tables

my saved campaign run toward if rebell mod disabled. so dont use them and rebells going again with roman units, like before.
    I'll try to updating and fixing maybe in weekend
    hi,

Look at the number of lines in your tables and compare to vanilla datas. you will see it laks some, because the new dlc adding playables factions.

Thx for your work.

Default Re: [MOD RELEASED] Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked ! ( UPDATED 1.1 patch ready! )

Mod updated. the atachment files work again, save game compatible, enjoy .

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    hi,

Look at the number of lines in your tables and compare to vanilla datas. you will see it laks some, because the new dlc adding playables factions.

Thx for your work.
    did it help you?

Default Re: [MOD RELEASED] Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked ! ( UPDATED 1.1 patch ready! )

Is faction_table necessary? it make this mod not compatible with a lot of others.

did it help you?
    yes, as idea. but helped really this "trick" : "rebels_faction_civil_war_setups_tables".
    renamed tables helped for mod.

Is faction_table necessary? it make this mod not compatible with a lot of others.
    i think yes necessary, bcs. in this table definied factions core , and wich "military_group" units recruited
    anyway i use with many other mod with rebells mod together .
    Last edited by Hunor; March 07, 2015 at 04:08 PM.

Awesome!
    thank a lot

I think I will DL this mod, but be aware that this may have been a deliberate decision by CA to give emergent Romano factions Roman units. For instance, these were not the ethnic nations of Britain, Gaul, Macedonia etc. being represented, but separatist Roman factions. Take the Romano British (think King Arthur), the Gallic Empire (think the Crisis of the 3rd Century), and so on, representing breakaway semi-native Roman factions.
    YES - I believe this should be better represented, and yes, I admit it would be good to be able to revive the aforementioned classical kingdoms, but this period of history could have gone a MILLION different ways. Most influential period for Europe by far.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

At least for me, this mod makes the new DLC factions unplayable/selectable in custom battles and campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    At least for me, this mod makes the new DLC factions unplayable/selectable in custom battles and campaign.
    maybe bcs. i dont have DLC-s, and my db. tables dont correct without dlc?

edit: ok ifound the missing 3 factions in DB. (faction tables), add from vanilla and created a DLC-frendly mod ( i hope)
    Last edited by Hunor; March 08, 2015 at 07:26 AM.

MOD UPDATED . CREATED DLC VERSION : GO TO FIRST PAGE .

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    I think I will DL this mod, but be aware that this may have been a deliberate decision by CA to give emergent Romano factions Roman units. For instance, these were not the ethnic nations of Britain, Gaul, Macedonia etc. being represented, but separatist Roman factions. Take the Romano British (think King Arthur), the Gallic Empire (think the Crisis of the 3rd Century), and so on, representing breakaway semi-native Roman factions.
    YES - I believe this should be better represented, and yes, I admit it would be good to be able to revive the aforementioned classical kingdoms, but this period of history could have gone a MILLION different ways. Most influential period for Europe by far.
    I thinking about this a lot, especially the rebel "britain" faction. I also wanted to have one if I may "Romano-British" to create a fraction of the modes. But this moment they only can use the same imperial units as roman, nothing special, or mixed with natives. maybe if i created new ones ( and balanced etc.)
    but i am sure CA planned new DLC, with romano-british ..
    Last edited by Hunor; March 08, 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [MOD RELEASED] Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked ! ( UPDATED 1.1 patch ready! + DLC version!)

So if we have the DLC should we just use the DLC version or both?

Default Re: [MOD RELEASED] Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked ! ( UPDATED 1.1 patch ready! + DLC version!)

I think DLC users use the Rebells_DLC_MOD .
    (I dont have DLC, and the updated MOD version work also for me).
    Use only one version for sure .

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

So, wait, does this remove all of the Roman units they could previously have? I thought the point of these emergent factions was that they were rebellious, Roman generals.
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

But these rebels are supposed to be rebel Romans. Rebel Roman generals that fight the Emperor, hopefully to become Emperors themselves. They should use some measure of local units, of course, but they're mostly rebel Roman legions.

EDIT: Sorry, what I said has already been commented.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

rebel romans (for me ) is "separatist" , western and eastern separatist, but "Aegypt" or "Pontus" also rebel roman generals ?? i dont feel that .

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    rebel romans (for me ) is "separatist" , western and eastern separatist, but "Aegypt" or "Pontus" also rebel roman generals ?? i dont feel that .
    Of course Roman generals. Why not? Who else would revolt? There were very few (if any) "native" uprisings of "ancient royalty" since the times of the early Empire anywhere, not in the West, not in Egypt or Asia Minor, Macedonia...

I see more likely that a Roman general who's gone too Marc Anthony may want to become King of the Nile, King of the Pontus or of Makedon than any local noble (which had all been either romanised or hellenised by the Vth Century) rising up with an army (whose troops? The Empire still could crush any rebellion of locals if it ever happened).

The only exception I can think of are the Bagaudae, and no one really knows what they were. Maybe disenfranchised peasants rebelling, maybe ethnic kelts that had avoided romanisation (which is quite possible in northern Gaul or northern Spain, but we don't really know), maybe just bandits that rolled the dice well and got big, then moved south and established a short-lived dominion somewhere between Auvergne and Spain.

Anyway, a local Pontic or Egyptian nobleman's name would be "Flavius Nectaribus" or "Aurelius Eutherius" or "Flavius Gabras", Roman names with latinised Greek or Eastern cognomina. So you wouldn't get anything much different.

Now, you may prefer the variety that your system provides (and I sure would like a bit more local units in these "local" rosters, for instance, Bacaudae units for Gaul would fit its theme perfectly), but you can't say you "don't feel it's right". Because it is.

PS: Now, of course I'm not telling you how to do your mod. I'm just giving some advise. And as I said, I'd be delighted if you tweaked the rosters to include some fitting Late Antiquity units for the land, or helping you get ideas for some new ones. Even if they're a bit far-fetched.
    Last edited by Alexios Komnenos; March 13, 2015 at 02:23 PM.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

I try first time the unit rosters mixed, for sure . Roman units and local african, eastern or barbarian units. but rebells cant recruit other core units, bcs. they under "roman_core" categorized in db. tables.
    And there is already enough roman rebells, for ex.: italians, illyrians, macedons, african,judean,Septimanians,Soissons, west-east roman reb.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast