Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huscarls and Dragonships for all Norse factions

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Default Huscarls and Dragonships for all Norse factions

Hey guys, title basically says it all, could anyone please add the Huscals/Royal Huscarls and Danish Dragonships to all Norse factions?

Thanks!

Default Re: [Request] Huscarls and Dragonships for all Norse factions

Those poor Geats, all they get is their walls... until now! Let me know if this doesn't work. If your computer bursts into flames I take no responsibility, but I do want pictures.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9p...ng_Equality.7z

Thank you good sir! I will test it and let you know once I get home.

Can this also be made available for the Saxons pls?
    I'm already in a Saxy campaign but the Huscarls really rock (and actually fit for the Saxons)

Works, and PC does not burst into flames... Thumbs up!

I'm not sure if I can add dlc units to a non-dlc faction, but the Saxon roster is a little bland. I'd be happy to add any other units together, personally I added the germanic archers for the Saxons. I wanted to make a raider unit for them too, but i don't know the first thing about giving units unique appearances.

it will work fine for the saxons just switch the faction name in the DB files from a norse faction to the saxons.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Maybe add the viking traits to all the viking factions too? Its kinda sad seeing all my Norse raiders suffering from seasickness and freezing to death. Not very.. Viking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithrain View Post
    I'm not sure if I can add dlc units to a non-dlc faction, but the Saxon roster is a little bland. I'd be happy to add any other units together, personally I added the germanic archers for the Saxons. I wanted to make a raider unit for them too, but i don't know the first thing about giving units unique appearances.
    Big thnx to Arni in the Viking Factions custom units. (For Viking Forefathers DLC) thread

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arni the Terminator View Post
    Here you go http://www.gamefront.com/files/24833...s_share_too.7z
    This should add Huscarls, Royal Huscarls and the danish chosen and elite marauder Ships to Geats, Jutes, Danes and Saxons for custom battle and the campaign. Just unpack it, place the .pack file in your attila/data folder and activate the mod in the launcher.
    Have fun!

Edit: Please let me know if it worked for you, I'm fairly curious.
    in the

Thanks

Those poor Geats, all they get is their walls... until now! Let me know if this doesn't work. If your computer bursts into flames I take no responsibility, but I do want pictures.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9p...ng_Equality.7z
    thanks a bunch for this man.

For unique appearances just learn a little about variant mesh definitions. Ultimately it just comes down to copying and replacing names and whatnot. Try it out it is actually one of the easiest types of mods that I have a grasp on. Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks, I might try my hand at adding a few Saxon units from scratch for my next campaign. Testing my alternate win conditions for viking factions has taken forever, but happily it seems to work and now I can try something new =)

Thanks, I might try my hand at adding a few Saxon units from scratch for my next campaign. Testing my alternate win conditions for viking factions has taken forever, but happily it seems to work and now I can try something new =)
    hello there, do you mind sharing what you've ended up adding for the saxons or even a tutorial on how you did. i plan to add some roman units but we'll see.

Default Re: Huscarls and Dragonships for all Norse factions

I have been using this excellent guide, since I'm a novice at unit crafting myself. It was written for Rome 2 but it still gets you through.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Unit-Creation
    Blue field the rule, Slaadi shall we.

Is anyone else finding that this doesn't work after the patch?

I can't think of any reason why the patch should have broken it, but here s a new one just in case. Saxons included this time.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xr..._Equality_2.7z
    Blue field the rule, Slaadi shall we.

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Thanks for including Saxons.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Maybe add the viking traits to all the viking factions too? Its kinda sad seeing all my Norse raiders suffering from seasickness and freezing to death. Not very.. Viking.
    Just remember: This is also a balancing factor. Three factions with superior sea fighting power, invulnerability to winter attrition and able to amount huge financial gains by plundering cities is a force to be reckoned with. If even the Saxons and possible more northern germanic factions were to be added...

At least this would need some counter balance or other, non-modded factions will be easily overrun by overpowered modded germanic tribes. Not to forget the poor Roman Western Empire.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

It didn't break it (at least for me) but thanks for adding it to the Saxons too!

Just wondering, I have the Vikings DLC but if I didn't could I still use Huscarls as the Saxons with your mod Sith?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast