Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rome II units in Attila + tutorial

Default Re: Rome II units in Attila + tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    Ok lets say that I find time in the weekend to improve this futher (introducing them through technology) then what are your thoughts on:
    1. where should this technology be exactly (middle tier, third tier, final tier)
    2. should these be new units (recruitable alongside the vannila legionnaires) or merely upgrades?
    3. how should they be stat wise?
    1. Middle tier. This is former glory, its like ... taking a step back so I dont see it being one of top tiers where we are moving on and going for something new.
    2. Yes, new units, maybe even a special building could be taken from Rome 2 to somehow enhance the special treatment.
    3. As the herald said.

Oh freaking yea! this is awesome ! thank yuo

Foederatus

This is all awesome and all, but you do realize that Roman units looked very different by the time of the Huns. They used different armour, different outfitting altogether and so importing of Rome 2 Roman units into Attila is like importing Roman units into Napoleon Total War. I am not trying to tell you what to do, if your heart desires, by all means use Rome 2 Roman units but they are alien to the era of Attila. The info however is tremendous!

Any word on this? Would love some of that Rome 2 goodness in Attila.

I won't update this anytime soon. I justed started working and I need some time to get used to this "new" life

KK no worries mate, tempted to pick this up myself. Maybe when the kit comes out and I can do some decent unit editing.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

This would be a huge undertaking if someone made a Rome 2 port to the Attila. I would buy it then.

Great job and have some reps

hessam's Avatar Miles

hey zonks40. It's been a year since attila was released and I've just started modding. I tried moving a few units from Rome II to Attila but faced the same problem (no man inside the armor, sometimes just helmets and weapons). I read in the comments that you fixed it. do you happen to have a rain-man memory and remember how you managed that?

hessam's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by zonks40 View Post
    This is awesome, though when trying to do it myself, the model is there no problems, however there is no man inside the armor.
    hey zonks40. It's been a year since attila was released and I've just started modding. I tried moving a few units from Rome II to Attila but faced the same problem (no man inside the armor, sometimes just helmets and weapons). I read in the comments that you fixed it. do you happen to have a rain-man memory and remember how you managed that?

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

I have a question about the Custom Skins (I mean the special characters skins). I've tried to add or at least test some of them in Attila. But i don't know why almost all of them appears bugged on the Battlefield and Campaign map. The bug i mean is the skin texture literally going " Crazy " moving and changing size incessantly. Happened with almost all of them Caesar, Octavian, Mark Anthony, Hannibal... even James. It is most with the face and fingers. Also happens with the Agents. Only Vercingetorix (whose model dissapear far away) and Ariovistus(whose a open arms grey shadow appears far away) don't have this bug. Someone knows what causes it in Attila and if is there any fix ?
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; July 16, 2016 at 09:44 AM.

Why does this work? Can we just make units with Rome 2 skins by importing the man folder?

Can you upload it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123