Thread: [MOD IDEA] Total War Game of Thrones

Foederatus

Icon10 [MOD IDEA] Total War Game of Thrones

Why hasn't there been a good RPG/strategy game about the Game of Thrones Universe!

Default Re: [MOD IDEA] Total War Game of Thrones

Welcome to the world of "movie license games"! Say hello to Star Trek, Star Wars and recent newcomer Warhammer 40k!

But Game of Thrones mod for Attila would be great.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Their is a Westeros total war mod already in development

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

You can fight for your favorite Family in not only total war, but also Mount and Blade and Crusader Kings II so plenty of options.. All we need now is Call of Duty: Nights Watch

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

There's also a mod for Medieval II Total War called "Age of Petty Kings" which takes place many years before the time of Game of Thrones. So, its a historical war game for Westeros, kind of like what Total War is to us.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Done? But MTW2 is toooooooo old
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

I'd make the claim that a Game of Thrones game isn't ideal for Total War. Not enough factions in the ASoiF-universe and the diplomacy/intrigue in total war games lack the finess which is needed to handled the scenario properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz View Post
    Done? But MTW2 is toooooooo old
    How come?

I still active play games made in -95

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Swede View Post
    I'd make the claim that a Game of Thrones game isn't ideal for Total War. Not enough factions in the ASoiF-universe and the diplomacy/intrigue in total war games lack the finess which is needed to handled the scenario properly.
    Pretty much, CKII is the ideal game for ASOIAF not Total War. ASOIAF was never about the battles.
    People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.
    -Dan Quayle

There's plenty of factions if you include minor vassals. I think it could make a great TW setting, perfect even if there was just a bit more depth to the character interaction than in Attila. ASOIAF may not be about the battles as such but I'd say it's more about them than LOTR (as an example of a fantasy setting often used for mods). The background is full of wars that would make good campaigns. The sense that anything can happen and that there's no truly good and evil factions is why I enjoy the Westeros TW mod for Medieval II, random things happen in the course of a campaign without seeming too far fetched for the setting.

A Game of Thrones mod for Attila would be fun but unless the campaign map can be modded, which it almost definitely can't, it would be limited to custom battles and that's just not the same.
    Winter is Coming

CK2 already has pretty much the perfect A Song of Ice and Fire mod. You can even play as characters that existed thousands of years before the events of the books.