• Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Artifex] DramaBelli (Patron: Swiss Halberdier) [PASSED]

Default [Artifex] DramaBelli (Patron: Swiss Halberdier) [PASSED]

Main Patron's Paragraph Swiss Halberdier:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dear members of the curia,
    I would like to patronize our valuable TWC member DramaBelli as an Artifex. I know DramaBelli since 2010 and he is a long term participating TWC member. His evolution from a player to a valuable mod tester and then to a textures and icons creator is very impressive. He is a very talented textures and icons creator. His promotional screenshots are professional work too.

He did lots of work like new custom textures and icons, testing and promotional screenshots for the hosted RADIOUS TOTAL WAR MODS and my Additional Units Mods (AUM).

He is a cornerstone and very valuable member of the Radious modding team for the award winning RADIOUS TOTAL WAR MOD - Rome 2 (TWC and CA awards). We are proud to have him in our team and he fully participates in our ambitious RADIOUS TOTAL WAR MOD - Attila.

He contributed very valuable translation and managing work for all UPC mods (translation projects for Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila).

DramaBelli is a very active member of the TWC community since years. He answers questions regularly and is actively helping others with pleasure.

Besides all his modding work I highly appreciate our deep friendship and he is a very nice, polite and friendly guy.

Thank you very much for your time and your consideration.

Profile page patron Swiss Halberdier

Co-Patron's Paragraph Radious:

I know no better person who would deserve this more than DramaBelli. I met him in Shogun 2 times and since then we created not just great partnership, but also which is for me way more important very good friendship. He was starting from nothing basically and during 1.5 years he managed to become one of the best textures and unit card makers I know. He learned very quickly everything what was needed and I am glad I could be part of this process. Also always ready to provide stunning pictures on top of all that and very intensive in historical research. His work speaks for itself. I can't imagine working on my Rome 2 and Attila mods without him. He became an essential part of the team with always good ideas, humor and his talents of course. We share the same visions and the way we like to work.

So please dear Curia consider this request about our friend DramaBelli.

Profile page patron Radious

Applicant's Paragraph DramaBelli:

Patres, it's hard for me to speak after the words of my Patrons. It's hard for two reasons mainly: first one is because they honestly said all I did, second one, because no one better than a friend can speak of you sometimes, this means that what one can add is no more important. They said what I did and I will say how and why.

I was a long time player-visitor of this forum. Just before to write a word (first post I wrote was replied by a Swiss welcome some years ago). I simply read a lot many threads, breaking down my diffidence about these mysterious mods. I started with learning the "Language" of this forum, the particular terms and phrases to define current stuffs and practices. I did this basically "read more and write less"; in an humble way I say this should be an unwritten rule for many of us because often all we search here is already written by a lot of good mates, teaching us with patience and passion. Well, passion, this I noticed immediately. Full of enthusiasm for the works of some mates. Radious mod for Shogun 2 was my big overhaul; I only played it. AUM by Swiss was my first unit pack. If Medieval II was a complete experience as vanilla; Empire, the bugged one, forced me to swim through the phantoms of this forum and find what I was searching to get the best experience also in terms of performances. I started to love the work of modders because this was a huge effort given by people like me without asking nothing: no money, no honours, no adoration. "Give and enjoy". So I felt the need to write and deal with some of them to show my enthusiasm. This made me close to Radious and Swiss. It was an honour for me to spread pics for them in the early stage. It was a pleasure to enter the UPC project: helping the community also helped me for my purposes because I get the power to enter the secret of the words around these games (names and descriptions of many units released past year were created by me). So I invite you to imagine a "player" entering the first stage... the first halls of the modding palace. Then Swiss was a while away because of a modding pause and I was encouraged by Radious and by our needs to start to manage the UPC in a long first stage with Champloo. Swiss well teached me when we started to collaborate so the processes to do were clear to me. At last, Swiss was very satisfied of my job and this is the best word I can reach about the time I use for this language project. Meanwhile my friendship was growing with Radious and we arrived to speak together in a very clear manner, polite and ironical also when we didn't completely agree in all things. Last stage: In summer 2014 we joined Wolfman and Champloo to make two big unit packs. The first one released was mainly created by them. I only took care of the names and descriptions for the UPC (watching maps and reading some sources to create something if not real, almost reliable in terms of words and contents). They completely included me as fourth member with full credits (you can see the promo videos below).

Well I felt myself incomplete. I felt my contribute in this mod was not enough to justify this and so I said to myself this was a sort of trustful act of them to include all my past help. I was also speaking since months about "how to make certain units" but I reached the point that as everyone of them, I had to test myself in doing what I want following my principles. So I started to open GIMP (recommended by Swiss) and watched the Zaskar70 and Magnar tutorials. I started to make my first armours. After one month Radious offered me the challenge: 15 units for Syracuse. I accepted starting to work hard, inspired by the great work of Total War Hellas Team and remembering the great Hero of Napoleon total war: PdGuru (I collaborated with him as historical researcher to create a pair of his great units, he also used my face to create skins for his Armee - as you can see in my avatar). Then Radious said to me that there was a big plan for tons of units; pack after pack, month after month and we did it. Radious had his units. I had realized my ideas. Coleridge said: "don't break the pact with your reader; be always reliable also when you're using your imagination". This was my principle. -- Radious put the bones, I added the flesh -- this is our motto. Then Swiss came back and we collaborated for the "final rush" for the updates of his previous AUM packs (as he said, pics for all his previous units and testing work). I asked him to balance the already perfect db work made by Radious for my units for the vanilla version of the game. He accepted and did it in a great way with the same enthusiasm he put into his AUM works. Then we released my units in a separate "DramaBelli Unit Pack for vanilla" on TWC and Steam. So, some days ago thanks to these two friends and veterans who made my textures more than pointless puppets I had my debut on the Steam workshop... but I should and almost would say: OUR debut even if for them, this old field, is the path of the veterans; the path of my friends.

Am I an Artifex? I don't know. I still consider myself a simple enthusiast and not as a professional worker. I have my little experience but the last word must be given to the ones with more experience than mine. I can only tell my story and continue to march.

"curate, ut valeatis"

Vale

DramaBelli

Profile page applicant DramaBelli

Here is a complete list of DramaBelli's contributions:

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] DramaBelli (Patron: Swiss Halberdier)

Support.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Looking good.

Clean history?
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

^Ayup.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Two patrons? Interesting.

Looks like a good solid candidate. Yes from me.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Wow

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Clearly he solid textur, i see no reason to not say

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 25, 2015 at 07:06 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I would be delighted support, a very well crafted application by the patron and applicant, he certainly has accomplished much

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Support

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

easy support, impressive amount of work
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Lots of shiny things! He must be privateer.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Impressive list of modding, I'll give the candidate my full support.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

This is no bill, so why all the support's? A simple yes from me.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

support, yes.. it's just semantic
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Support.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I dont know, his avatar is so long, i am afraid it will fill up the curia with that hat, it will take an entire page.

Other than that, support.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

He has quite an impressive list of modding contributions. Support.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Full support.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay, poll up.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Voted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast