Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Replay bug??

I, Claudius's Avatar Foederatus

Default Battle Replay bug??

Gentlemen,

Whenever I try to load a battle replay my game freezes....the status bar goes to full but the music stops and no other progress is made, although I am able to still able to move the mouse?? The only mod I have other than DEI is the Original Rome music mod. Any ideas? I just had a battle with the Iceni that was hectic and had 20K men on the field and would love to see me lose again!

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
    This mod is incredible and has actually made Rome 2 playable for me. Thank you SO much for all the hard work!

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Battle Replay bug??

If I'm not mistaken, it's a known bug with no as-yet-known fix.

I have not yet found the answer to this bug

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I, Claudius's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, thanks guys...thought it might be something on my end. Too bad. I've had some epic DEI battles.

Thanks again for the outstanding work on this mod!

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

It's a really strange bug cause none of my Roman replays will play, at least the ones I've tried, but my Seleucid replays will.

Is there any progress known solving this bug? I really regret it does not work. ):

Maybe some workaround?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I dont think so. And the team got alot on their minds to have time to look into replays.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    I dont think so. And the team got alot on their minds to have time to look into replays.
    That's too bad since battle replays gives you a great opportunity to create great battle videos on youtube, which most likely in turn will make the DEI mod extremely popular.

Think about it!

Default Battle Replay bug??

Well. Actually you would get more from recording the actual battle as battle replays are not exactly a replay of you playing but the AI trying to replicate your moves and therefore the results may vary from the actual battle.
    And considering videos on youtube to increase the mods popularity, though we are in the top of Rome 2 mods already, the majority of youtubers will (and Im slightly guessing) record the battles and not use replays
    But in the end, still a problem that when and if we or anyone else get the time, should look into.

Yes, it would be great if replays worked. I don't know if that's something we can fix, but he's right - replays make youtube videos easier, and I think better. It's better to watch a battle without the player trying to both play and comment on the battle at the same time. Just watch something like Massalia Tales. Also hey, when did you get your old sig back, Flash? Do I have to give up my new one too now?

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Yes, it would be great if replays worked. I don't know if that's something we can fix, but he's right - replays make youtube videos easier, and I think better. It's better to watch a battle without the player trying to both play and comment on the battle at the same time. Just watch something like Massalia Tales. Also hey, when did you get your old sig back, Flash? Do I have to give up my new one too now?
    A week or two. Oddly enough some people dont trust what I wrote if they saw the Beta Tester sig but they do if they see this one. Just take phalangitis (though he ofc didnt mean it in a bad way) who wasnt sure I knew how to mod due to my beta tester sig. Therefore I switched back Its too bad I cant have both at the same time.

Yeah, guess I'll have to go find my old one now...

Is there any progress that you know of guys regarding this bug?

Not that I know of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know this is a problem for a lot of overhauls. At least ones I have worked on - so maybe I am the common denominator!!

Also replays in Rome 2 aren't replays if I remember. They don't record everything. They just replay the battle with the AI doing its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    As far as I know this is a problem for a lot of overhauls. At least ones I have worked on - so maybe I am the common denominator!!

Also replays in Rome 2 aren't replays if I remember. They don't record everything. They just replay the battle with the AI doing its thing.
    Maybe it is not a complete replay, it for sure does repeat the actions the player did.

Right, it repeats your commands but individual engagements can end differently. A unit that routed may not, a unit that barely won a flank may not etc. So you can lose battles you won in replays.

No I really doubt you are right here. This was true in the early patch version but not anymore. I haven't seen the behaviour you describe for hundreds of replays now. This can not be true.

Its still true in Warhammer Total War, maybe they fixed it in Rome 2 I don't know. But I highly doubt that replays are an exact recording of every single in game calculation for the whole battle. It just wouldn't be practical. But I could easily be wrong.

Anyway, still have no idea why replays are so problematic with overhauls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast