Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: - INVASIO BARBARORVM III -

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: - INVASIO BARBARORVM III -

Great news. IB2's campaign and battles were so epic ! I caan't wait to try the third opus. Well maybe I should finish a IB2 CB campaign and try a IB2 AV one before migrating to this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I'll just say this, every time there is a overhaul thread, you get "some guy" from "some place" who feels that his country or ancestors should be included because they're from there and it would be "cool".
    ahah, this is so true ! It reminds me the debate about Ethiopia in the EB2 thread.
    Last edited by Yerevan; July 05, 2015 at 12:34 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    As this is posted in WIP, AND as MMFA has already mentioned, this is a work in progress and still in development. Basic stuff has been posted in the original post. Later ideas in rough form are debated later on. For you to post here with an attitude like that is disrespectful and ignorant.

I take it you understand what a WIP post is?
    It says only some vague description that can be used for 90% of mods... Improve the experiance and fun? Wow... I didn't expect that... I am surprised that you are surprised that not everybody here is a part of the tw modder old guard and that with 5+ major overhaul mods all claiming to do same vague "gameplay improvement" clarity is something that is asked... It is bewildering you think I am "disrespectful" for asking something that should be obvious for people intelligent enough to mod a game.

Vagueness and lack of clarity and basic descriptions for most of the +1000 posts modders here who expect "people to already know" just points and passive sadism, trolling and arrogance from their part.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I think if anyone is trolling, it is you. It is your attitude which is in question. When you begin a question with 'wtf', you only display ignorance. Using phrases such as 'tw modder old guard' doesn't help your cause. This is a WIP thread, my friend, not a hosted mod thread. This is for ideas and discussion. You clearly want finished mods. I suggest you take your attitude to places better suited to it. I expect however you will post here again for I sense the troll in you will never appease its hunger.

stop talking about your ego and it's interaction with me and just answer if there is anything that you can tell about the direction the future mod will look like?

I am afraid I don't respond well to rudeness. I suggest you begin again by apologising for your attitude and asking here once more. Perhaps one of the 'tw modder old guard' will answer then?

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Kyning you probably did not followed the IB project in the last years. The truth is that none of us know it in details and the mod devs probably don't know it neither for the moment. In order to give you some global insight there is currently 3 portrayal of IB : the first IB for RTW with BI and Alex, IB2 for M2TW with Kingdoms and now IB3 for Atilla. IB and IB2 are both divided into multiple mods, some in finished states while others still in development. In fact it is best to consider IB and IB2 as families of mod set in the Late Roman Empire. Indeed even if there is a common direction, all IB mods have differences in directions on the details.

I think it is important to realize that theses are long long long term project. For instance Invasio Barbarorum : Restitutor Orbis is still in development while the older preview dates from July 2011. Invasio Barbarorum : Ruina Romae, a completely reworked version of the old Flagellum Dei is close to be released. Close as something this year or next. Maybe . Somnium apostatae iuliani will get a update in the close future. And a old project of an official submod for ultra gloriam romae is worked on again.

That is for the first IB family on RTW. So as you should understand, IB in all it's version a long term matter made for true dedicated people. Modders and players alike. Which is fine. After all, only mad men and women can be attracted by poor, ugly, smelly and ultimately falling Romans in place of beautiful men in shiny lorica segmentata who succeed in everything they attempt Or so it seems.

@SeniorBatavianHorse, may i ask who uis apart of the IB3 team? I myself am party of the ib2 team which is still working hard on releasing FD for me2tw. I know the IB bloodlines have had many a great modders, just wondering who is enlisted?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

And a old project of an official submod for ultra gloriam romae is worked on again.
    IBUR is something I work on every few months. Usually because I forget about it completely and then come back like "oh yeah I should do some more programming on this."

Need to finish the East Roman Field Armies, on that note. Got the limitanei set up at least.

@SeniorBatavianHorse, may i ask who uis apart of the IB3 team? I myself am party of the ib2 team which is still working hard on releasing FD for me2tw. I know the IB bloodlines have had many a great modders, just wondering who is enlisted?
    I know me and Joar for sure, maybe JH and Gaiten.

MMFA knows more about the team than I do! I gather that its still forming and developing hence its presence here in the WIP thread. I hope JH and Gaiten come onboard as they have been key developers (and still are!) of the various IB mods.

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    MMFA knows more about the team than I do! I gather that its still forming and developing hence its presence here in the WIP thread. I hope JH and Gaiten come onboard as they have been key developers (and still are!) of the various IB mods.
    as modding history teach us, i think we will have to wait YEARS before any preview of what the team (wich seems no to be even gathered right now) want to do. And that's fine for me, i prefer wait for superb mods like SAI o Rio's UGR than having forum entertainment... Obvioulsy at some point teasing on this forum involve "proofs", but i think IB teams doesn't need to show how reals are their intentions... I have more doubts on AODII !!!!

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Great to see this coming about! Ahh SeniorBatvianHorse good see you still around old sport!

Indeed - you, too, Old Dragoon, lovely to hear from you. I may drink a glass of old tawny to celebrate!

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Realy looking forward Hoping for a mod that starts before Theodosius and his extinguishing of the sacred fire of Rome (That bastard!) haha:p
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

I know you are still deciding the period you will cover, but I humbly ask, please consider Julian the Apostate

He is one of the most interesting figures of Roman history (at least in my opinion), and still don't have all of the coverage he deserves...]

I hope I ain't alone in this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Julian is covered in Invasio Barbarorum I: Somnium Apostate Iuliani. It's probably the best done of the released IB mods and has three campaigns (Julian in Gaul, Julian as Emperor, and Procopius the Usurper).

My suggestion would be to actually focus the game on Attila, beginning it with his birth at some point between 408-417 AD, and then edit the map conducive to a campaign for him that includes from the non-Greek Balkans and Constantinople, the West coast of the Black sea, Germania, Pannonia, the Po River valley, all the way to the Atlantic coast of Gaul. This gives you the majority of the contenders in the 5th century Hun and Western Roman Empires.

Unfortunately though you cannot edit the map AFAIK. (This is actually the map I would LOVE to use for IBUR but there's nobody to make it).

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I recall hearing it to be possible to exclude pars of the present map in Attila with scripting I think it was.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well to do that you'd have to completely redo all the provinces and stuff for balancing purposes. Excluding part of the map is rather irrelevant when you can't edit city locations, province sizes, etc.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

its Great news! indeed its some little better than EB (in matter of gameplay) and more accurate .. i hope you create a better Attila Total war in form of IB without dozens of mistakes and deficiencies and shortages of good features and awseom gameplay ... i have a huge hope of you .. so please dont back us down
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Any updates or preview coming? I've been eagerly waiting since you unveiled the project.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I sincerely doubt Joar et. al. have been working on this in any capacity. They're too busy with other projects that need to be finished before work on IBIII can begin.