Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: - INVASIO BARBARORVM III -

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: - INVASIO BARBARORVM III -

'Beyond Roman glory', 'the dream of Julian the apostate', 'restorer of the world'

'Ultra Gloriam Romae', Somnium apostate Iuliani, 'restitutor orbis'

The best mod names in the history of total war! Makes me want to learn proper latin.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Deleted and edited some posts.

Please stay on topic, but in a civil manner - there is no need for getting personal/offensive!

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Frozen I seeyou completely ignored what I said... You're clogging up the thread and need to stop posting in here unless you want to discuss the mod with the rest of us.

What we are saying is not personal opinion, it's historical fact, Bulgars or Bulgarian people or Bulgarian empire did not exist then, yes there were people living in those areas obviously, but they were not called Bulgars, they were mostly Thracians and other more minor tribes. what don't you understand about this ??

Even around the time when Bulgars emerged with their own empire in 700, they still weren't big enough to have their own faction at that time. It took them until around 900 to form an actual kingdom with it's own borders territories and customs, universally known as the Bulgars.
    Have you Read more than the Questionable Wikipedia?? Have you Read what I wrote?Or the opened the Links i gave?Have you Read the Prime sources word by word? I just want to help with the Historical part of the mod to flesh it out.I dont want to build walls where someone screams and noone hears the other.I just wants to be diplomatic and polite as much as possible . Just think about the idea of adding the historical part in this area on the Campaign map(no insulting here)Im not making this up.I dont know from where you read that there were no Bulgarians before 700ad But have you Heard of the Great old Bulgaria by Khan Kubrat?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Great_Bulgaria

There were no Thracians in the Roman empire since the 150 ADs.They were all assimilated tll the late 2th century and became 100% romans speaking latin and Greeek.Why bother talking about them... The last and the only only left were the Besi Tribe in the Eastern Rodophe mountains in the Area of Perperikon.The Leading Archealogical escavation from the last 50 years also confirms this. The slavs Destroyed what was left from what was left from the Barbarian Killing burning from the 3rd century till the 6th Century over the Romanized Thracians. Whith the Cristianisation and the translating the Bille into the Bessian Thacian laguege of the region died their Religion Totaly and their Identaty.

You cant teach the American Historians what was the History of the United States of America and how they were exporting the Democracy abroad for example - they know the best.
    You cant teach the Brittish Historians what was the History of the Brittish empire or the Anglo saxson era and how to read the Primam sources - they know the best.
    The same is with the Bulgarians.

I just want to just help in the good way and with open arms. I gave my feadback.Its your choise above else.Have a nice day Mr.Sagat

and good luck with the mod - saying it once again.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; May 06, 2015 at 02:16 AM. Reason: cleaning

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Should this be moved to the "Overhauls" forum?

Yea this thread needs to get back on track, the guy was carrying it away and some of us fed into it myself included, I won't respond to this guy anymore. Frozen, if you're trying to be respectful in this thread then have some common sense.

I'll just say this, every time there is a overhaul thread, you get "some guy" from "some place" who feels that his country or ancestors should be included because they're from there and it would be "cool".
    And when I said Thrace in my earlier post, YES I KNOW Thracians were mostly conquered by that time, the same as my ancestor Illyrian tribes.
    What I was trying to get across is to show which main tribe inhabited those lands to show there were no "Bulgarian" tribes in the area, the word Bulgaria didn't even exist in that time period.
    Even in it's peak the Bulgarian empire in the middle ages wasn't big enough to warrant it's own faction in a Medieval Total War game, and yet this guy wants a Bulgarian faction hundreds of years before that.

I know the history of those lands well, I'm from the Bosnian region where the Illyrians ruled in those times, but you don't see me asking for the GREAT EMPIRE OF ILLYRIA to be included as a faction in this mod. Because I know they were conquered by the Romans hundreds of years before that.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; May 06, 2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: cleaned

Best wishes to the Invasio Barbarorum team!

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Yea this thread needs to get back on track, the guy was carrying it away and some of us fed into it myself included, I won't respond to this guy anymore he's clueless, Frozen, if you're trying to be respectful in this thread then have some common sense. I'll just say this, every time there is a overhaul thread, you get "some guy" from "some place" who feels that his country or ancestors should be included because they're from there and it would be "cool". And when I said Thrace in my earlier post, YES I KNOW Thracians were mostly conquered by that time, the same as my ancestor Illyrian tribes. What I was trying to get across is to show which main tribe inhabited those lands to show there were no "Bulgarian" tribes in the area, the word Bulgaria didn't even exist in that time period. Even in it's peak the Bulgarian empire in the middle ages wasn't big enough to warrant it's own faction in a Medieval Total War game, and yet this guy wants a Bulgarian faction hundreds of years before that. I know the history of those lands well, I'm from the Bosnian region where the Illyrians ruled in those times, but you don't see me asking for the GREAT EMPIRE OF ILLYRIA to be included as a faction in this mod. Because I know they were conquered by the Romans hundreds of years before that.
    Still havent saw from you any Primal sources to back your Theory.None ! Where,Who What,When,How it Wrote it ,DNA samples.Archealogical sites, Historical Documents and so on.Diplomacy Records and So on...I already Covered that. I never said that the Bulgarians had a state in those times.There was a period to evolve that idea the Bulgarians on their own.I was talking about Their tribal Period. In your words the Bulgarians Came from Different Dimension and winit a 50 years defeated the 200 000 Arabs in the Second Siege of Constantinople only with Cavalry ,Avars,Eastern Roman Empire and so on. To support those Victories you have to have at least 2 milion people as a population and a working internal economy.....Your sources by historians are outdated by at least 50 years in the Years from before WW2 that the historians was saying the Bulgarians came out of the Huns,because of the political problem between Germany and the USSR and that Bulgaria was allied with Germany since WW1 . The Modern Historians in the pressent Day around the world already are on the same page.Not only those ""Bulgarians" in Modern Bulgaria but even for example the Brittish Historical Acadeimia.

The Bulgars is a term coined in the 19th century of historical science just like the Byzantine Empire to distinguish the people since the 4th century, bofore they founded and ruled the First Bulgarian Empire, before its merger with the Slavs and the remains of an ancient and barbaric population and the formation of the Bulgarian nation. Today often replaced by the term proto-bulgarians, old Bulgarians and even just Bulgarians.The Bulgars then were calling themselfs Bulgarians(even the their enemies called them Bulgarians) and everywhere they settled they called their new homeland the same and only name Bulgaria.
    For the people who think there is misinderstanding.

The Editors of The Encyclopædia Britannica - http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/84067/Bulgar They dont making this up?Right? You still do Believe the same? Cant help you in that.You have to do it on your Own Mr.Sagat.Nothing personal.

I came in peace and with joy,but saw only old stereotypes,the wrong associative memory and flaming posts.Not a good marketing aproach to get the fans. So good luck overall everybody in the team.

1 last Question - Would hope to Split the Franks into the Salian and the Rugian Franks into the mod if it starts in 395ad.The salian Franks(from those Franks was Clovis I) were those franks that Created the Frankish Kingdom after the fall of the Western Roman empire.The Salian Franks became Federati to WRE in the 360s when Julian allowed them in the same Decade that was the Battle with the Allemani on the Rhine.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; May 05, 2015 at 05:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1 last Question - Would hope to Split the Franks into the Salian and the Rugian Franks into the mod if it starts in 395ad.The salian Franks(from those Franks was Clovis I) were those franks that Created the Frankish Kingdom after the fall of the Western Roman empire.The Salian Franks became Federati to WRE in the 360s when Julian allowed them in the same Decade that was the Battle with the Allemani on the Rhine.
    The Salian Franks were settled before that in 353 AD, and there were many Frankish groups at the time, many of which fought with Chnondomar at Strausborg in 357.

The Ripuarian Franks are usually considered to be the Franks opposite the Romans on the Rhine, but I now suspect this was a misnomer for several decades of Roman Limitanei on the Rhine, who would become the Ripuarian Franks in the late 5th century.

The Nicer Franks/Burgundians should be represented if IBIII focuses on the main Attila timeframe, considering they took part in the Battle of Chalons.

But yes, the Salian Franks will definitely be in the game, and we could see either two Frankish or two Burgundian Factions, depending on Attila's province layout (which unfortunately cannot be changed).

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Due the Bulgars, this will be in IBBR (Invasio Barbarorum; Ruina Roma) the upcoming newest installment of the Invasio Barbarorum mod serie for RTW: BI:

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Due the Bulgars, this will be in IBBR (Invasio Barbarorum; Ruina Roma) the upcoming newest installment of the Invasio Barbarorum mod serie for RTW: BI:

I assume this is like a Hepthaltite unit? A lot of this equipment is Khotanese or Tocharian, after the Hunnic Period (roughly 300-430 AD)

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

So you're waiting (to start developing) on the ability to fully edit TW: Attila's strat map, correct?
    Just making sure I understand that right.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think that's probably the big thing standing in the way of this mod, yes. But there's also a priority on getting the latest versions of the other IB mods finished first.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Of course. I'm so tempted to learn to mod (with Warscape, which I imagine is not fun) to help you guys out, but I'm so busy with so many other things it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I think that's probably the big thing standing in the way of this mod, yes. But there's also a priority on getting the latest versions of the other IB mods finished first.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region Have you guys tried what worked for the Imjin war in Shogun 2? I dunno if it'll be applicable for Attila, but given it's the same basic engine I figure it's worth a try. I would myself if I was more familiar with 3dsmax and not busy as a bee already

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That's quite interesting, thanks for the link, I'll pass it on to Joar and JH.

Frankly I don't think any of use are remotely familiar with the warscape engine. It will probably be a learning experience for the IB team.

While it's not a walk in the park I don't think it'll necessarily be insurmountable. Plenty of tutorials available and folks you can ask if you've any questions. I'm sorely tempted to try that map tutorial to see if I can't add back in Transoxania for Attila's map.

wtf, why don't you tell some basic stuff about what your mod is about?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

IBIII's focus has not yet been determined as they are currently busy finishing two mods for the original RTW: Barbarian Invasion (I'm not a part of that though).

In a nutshell, this series is the "Roma Surrectum" of Late Roman mods.

compariong this mod to an older mod is not an explanation of what it does... I don't play any other tw and counting on people knowing in advance some random tradition of tw mods is utterly benighted.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

As this is posted in WIP, AND as MMFA has already mentioned, this is a work in progress and still in development. Basic stuff has been posted in the original post. Later ideas in rough form are debated later on. For you to post here with an attitude like that is disrespectful and ignorant.

I take it you understand what a WIP post is?