Thread: [MOD] Reduced campaign movement, Army and Navy

Default [MOD] Reduced campaign movement, Army and Navy

Hi

After several tries to edit the naval_unit table I'm giving up, it's bugged. Also I did not like the thought of changing "Campaign_movement" on every unit ever made to make it fit together... Also that would destroy any chances on compatibility with other mods.
    So I used the season weather effects to reduce movement on campaignmap instead, also made it a lot more varied depending on god/bad weather.

On average movement is reduced 40-55% depending on season, and a bad Winter can reduce movement with a crushing 75%

It's Compatible with Dresdens "More Meaningful Seasons "-mod as long as you load mine before Dresdens in a modmanager.
    Attached in zip is 2 files, one for Army, and one for Navy Movement. You can use both or just one depending on desired effects.

Reduced_Movement.zip

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: [MOD] Reduced campaign movement, Army and Navy

Sounds really cool, just a quick question: How does the AI cope with a mod like this? Does it kinda...calculate with the reduced range and changes its strategy, for instance in winter, or will it somehow calculate with vanilla values, therefore miscalculate and strand its troops in open land during hostile seasons?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Civis

No answer from the TS to the question above. I guess the best thing is to download and find out by trying it out.

Hey I've been looking for something like this for ages!!
    New to this modding stuff though, can anyone advise how to install these files correctly?
    currently using the 1212 Mod through the mod manager, but unsure how to load these files
    thanks