Thread: No Arcade Effects

Default No Arcade Effects

This mod of small scope removes all battle map arcade icons and effects. Included in these are gate, tower, breach, capture point and other similar icons in siege battles. Capturing a capture point will no longer render any lighting effects, also. Similarly, in any battle type, the buff and debuff icons (green respectively red appearing by the side of a unit icon) are no longer present.

The mod can be downloaded from here; Download Link

The original download link no longer works, so Modding Staff have copied a new download link from post 20 of this thread. If you have any questions about this, please contact a member of Modding Staff.
    New download link

To install, simply place it in your Attila data folder and then enable the mod via the mod manager in the launch window. Enjoy!

Below you can see a screenshot of the mod in action in a siege.

Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; February 05, 2020 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Adding new download link
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: No Arcade Effects

I wish there was a way to remove the battle borders. Not the temporary ones at the start of a battle, but the actual border. It always annoys me when I chase routing enemies and then there is this strange, red line. -.-

I asked for this in Rome 2 but it seems the texture / effect is so deeply hidden into the files that nobody was able to find it since Napoleon Total War.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

I can make a search for it, but if nobody else has found it yet I doubt I'll be the one who does.

Wouldn't be entirely surprised if the colour effect can be toggled off though, after all you can change the shape and position of deployment zones for example.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Is it possible to disable/erase the red lines (radius of range, I think) that appear from units when you hold Space Bar?
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    Is it possible to disable/erase the red lines (radius of range, I think) that appear from units when you hold Space Bar?
    Check the options.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    I wish there was a way to remove the battle borders. Not the temporary ones at the start of a battle, but the actual border. It always annoys me when I chase routing enemies and then there is this strange, red line. -.-

I asked for this in Rome 2 but it seems the texture / effect is so deeply hidden into the files that nobody was able to find it since Napoleon Total War.
    I distinctly remember a mod that did this in rome 2... but that was a year ago already... and I don't have it anymore... but it is for sure possible.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Check the options.
    I have toggled everything off in the Options and they still appear. Maybe my config file is bugged?
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Can you also remove arcade effects from campaign map? Atm i'm using Dictator's mod which does same as this, except it leaves the arcade arrows when capturing tower etc...

I would think so yes. Let me look into it today. You can do it by changing their missile weapon to precursor mode, but that's not a good way of doing it since they'll be in melee mode at all times then. I think those red lines may be a VFX thing, will return back on the matter later today anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Can you also remove arcade effects from campaign map? Atm i'm using Dictator's mod which does same as this, except it leaves the arcade arrows when capturing tower etc...
    Absolutely. What would you want changed on the campaign map? It's primarily VFX things so that's pretty straightforward to remove. Just list them and I'll see to it.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I didn't notice that, if you would have said I would have edited it

Not to worry though, Sheridan has done a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Absolutely. What would you want changed on the campaign map? It's primarily VFX things so that's pretty straightforward to remove. Just list them and I'll see to it.
    Hi, there is sometimes "god's light" over army and settlements. Confetti flying around settlements and flying coins when armies are riding etc...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    I didn't notice that, if you would have said I would have edited it

Not to worry though, Sheridan has done a good job.
    Don't worry, i actually like the arrows still on place, that is why i did not say anything. Makes it easy to see if tower is being captured or not

Hi, there is sometimes "god's light" over army and settlements. Confetti flying around settlements and flying coins when armies are riding etc...
    I would love these to be removed and the selections markers around agents, towns, armies and fleets. Perhaps a separate mod?

Tested it today, works, thank you. ^^
    GODzilla(TM)

Great to hear that. I've been looking for the red borders, as well as the red range lines for troops, but haven't been able to pin down either so far. Will keep searching though, but right now I'm a bit pre-occupied with another mod which was meant to be released yesterday.

On the campaign effects, will try to fix it till tomorrow. Unfortunately it didn't work to delete them from the database tables, which would have been the easy way, so it may need to be converted into a movie file.

Do we need an update for the latest patch?

I know another modder made an equal mod, but this mod also removes the signs of distant towns on the campaign map and I don't like that. The ancient world in ATTILA TW has existed and has been shaped by rome for over 500 years and I expect every major faction to roughly know where cities are located. Without those signs it feels like you're exploring an as of yet unknown planet lol.
    GODzilla(TM)

I have toggled everything off in the Options and they still appear. Maybe my config file is bugged?
    It is in the tab "game options" and not "graphical".

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This is just what i`m looking for to remove the icons from towers. Cheers.

Is there a way to remove the flags from the cap zones as well?

KingDazza's Avatar Libertus

Hi,

Any chance someone could relink this or send me the file? Thanks.