Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Jin-'s reduced campaign movement range

Default Re: [MOD] Jin-'s reduced campaign movement range

Hey, yeah I'm not 100% sure it was the mod either, but thx again for checking. The offical patch was delayed till next week too, so I can play again. Enemies won't attack in some cases if they don't have enough movement range? It looks like you might have to increase range, it sucks but it might be the only fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutroll View Post
    Hey, yeah I'm not 100% sure it was the mod either, but thx again for checking. The offical patch was delayed till next week too, so I can play again. Enemies won't attack in some cases if they don't have enough movement range? It looks like you might have to increase range, it sucks but it might be the only fix.
    Done 1 minute earlier before you posted!

Libertus

Awesome! Thank you

People with AI issues, like it does not be aggressive or won't attack at all. Try to use this mod Better Aggressive CAI by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze with my mod.

my fleets are unable to move after this mod! really like the slow movement though. playing as eastern roman empire

Quote Originally Posted by Relicks View Post
    my fleets are unable to move after this mod! really like the slow movement though. playing as eastern roman empire
    Yea it is a known issue. Anything else you are using because i never experienced it on my games. Fleet movement is altered by changing seasonal values only.
    But i guess i make version where fleet is vanilla. Because changing fleet movement point tables is bugged and causes the game crash

Update.

Now there is optional files for vanilla fleet movement. If fleets continue bugging out then it should be something else. No touching done to fleets

well done! also im not experiencing problems with the AI, so far so good. will continue further tonight using the vanilla fleet script

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Now its quite interesting since there are correlation between movement point or turn need by ai with his decision to attack his enemy. The theory is there should be value somewhere deep in db cai that control ai decision should he spend extra effort or not. If i able to finding this and increase the limitation by double, maybe the AI should be more aggresive but its still theory and not proved yet.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Now its quite interesting since there are correlation between movement point or turn need by ai with his decision to attack his enemy. The theory is there should be value somewhere deep in db cai that control ai decision should he spend extra effort or not. If i able to finding this and increase the limitation by double, maybe the AI should be more aggresive but its still theory and not proved yet.
    Sounds cool, if possible

After i increased movement points and used your mod with this AI has been very aggressive against me. Started with Visigoths and ERE/WRE both sent full stacks to chase me. Managed to destroy ERE's stack thanks to the mountain terrain. WRE gave up chasing me because i was using forced march.
    So positive news so far

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

If unit i have no doubt AI will butcher any unit he can eat, what about settlement Sir Jin, is there correlation on settlement, especialy provincial capital walled settlement, did now CAI more frequent actualy too try capture it ?
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Thank you Jin for this mod, this is a must for some players, no more super speed bigdaddy cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGerakul View Post
    Thank you Jin for this mod, this is a must for some players, no more super speed bigdaddy cheats.
    You are welcome!

@Junaidi

Can't tell yet, don't have any capitals on my Visigoth game and in my Sassanid game i did not let AI near.

update.

Regular version should get update tonight. Can't guarantee Radious one unless he updates also.

Version 1.2 Longbeard patch has been released. Removed option for older/bugged versions.

I try to get Fall of the Eagles version and Radious up tomorrow. But this is final Radious unit mod support.

can you please guide me or tell me what you've change, so i can decrease the movement further like to the level of your first release.

I tried it the other night, being very excited with the concept - no more city-to-city hopping, more battle outside.

However, it just wasn't fun to play (as a horde). There was a few issues -
    1. Movement is really screwed up with all the rivers, huge city zone of controls. Those end up making limited movement even slower, because it "chunks" movement, requiring a set amount of movement to cross one of these, and with the tiny movement pools, it slows it down. Going from one city to another can often take 3, 4, 5 turns, due to a river or a the influence area of the city.

2. Further compounding this is that weather being totally random. I'm not sure why a "bad" summer is reducing movement in, say, England or Germany. It doesn't make any logical sense - was it so hot England became a desert? An army shouldn't travel actually slower unless there is snowfall during the winter (ie, bad or normal winter in the north), or desert like conditions (bad summer in the south). Most of the time in real life, I'd imagine armies travel mostly the same speed, regardless of weather. All this unrealistic fluctuation in movement makes the problems in 1 even worse. Sure, bad weather can reduce movement, but it should be rare, and not the majority of the time.

3. Hordes mechanics are not balanced for this slow movement. I tried playing a horde and quickly discovered it was extremely unbalanced.
    - in the 5 turns to reach one city from another, Horde integrity has basically disintegrated to nothing. Horde integrity is balanced on them sacking and winning battles often, which is not possible with the slow movement. Even with my horde moving as fast as it can from city to city, winning each battle, my integrity is going down down down, and I have to keep decimating. It doesn't make sense, because I'm moving as fast as I can from victory to victory, why is army integrity falling? Remember, horde buildings give negative integrity, with the idea that you can sack and win battles every turn (or at least every other turn), giving +10 integrity. In vanilla I had max integrity without even paying attention to it, while now it's impossible to keep it up.
    - hordes are balanced around sacking every turn or every other turn. While other faction's incomes are not reduced from slower movement, the horde's income from sacking is reduced by 75% or more.
    - The need for hordes to encamp with the remaining 25% movement every turn to actually build anything means that hordes move EVEN SLOWER. Almost at zero speed. Either that, or lose the ability to build at all (which will again greatly reduce horde income)

Sure, making the WRE last longer makes sense, but having hordes rapidly lose integrity because of how long it takes to travel? I feel like the modder probably never tried playing the Vandels, because it is just painful to play.

I suggest -

1. give hordes a big integrity boost, or make the +10 integrity from winning a battle last 4 turns.

2. Also, hordes should probably be given an income boost (increased wealth to their "main" building" chain, perhaps a flat +300 to all levels) to compensate for the slower speed of this mod.
    Either that, or make sacking/razing/looting give x4 vanilla values, since it takes four times longer to go and sack a city.

I haven't tried non-hordes, although I imagine it would be easier to play WRE and ERE (maybe too easy?), and might work well for playing barbarian factions (slow their expansion a bit, let you play the game at a slower pace).
    Last edited by ashmizen; March 04, 2015 at 08:58 PM.

1.Come on crossing river with Ger/yurts is hard.

2.lets just say that area is upward mountain.

3.build farms and +growth buildings first. Thats how i play and my 4 hordes have 100 integrity.
    Camp often in winter (im using 12tpy with meaninful season)

dude im using 3x garrison troops, stronger walls tower, and still having no trouble with Huns.

only thing i dont like is 25%camping.

Huns have their Yurts/Ger, wife and children with them . Their ms should be slower.
    How about change normal range little bit shorter than other factions army but mass stance is lot huger than other faction?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast