Thread: [MOD] 500 men in a unit.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Icon7 [MOD] 500 men in a unit.

Hey guys, just a quick release.

I changed the default 160 men per unit into a 500 men per unit. Every unit's size has been multiplied by 3.125. So an unit of 160 has now 500 and cavalry of 80 has 250.

Actually, the mod is x6.25 bigger than 160 (full 1000), but only for you to play on MEDIUM UNIT SIZE SETTING, so that garrisons have correct numbers.

My CPU is i7 5820k (non-overclocked yet) and I HAVE NO LAG in 20 vs 20 battles. Note: You don't really need a 6 core CPU, but overclocking is nice though. So almost EVERY CPU above 3.3 GHz will do just fine.

NAVAL LANDINGS: CA has sort of fixed the naval landing bug with multiple ships per unit. Now you can either land one unit at time or ALL units at once and every ship that doesnt land simply sinks BUT THE MEN APPEAR ON THE BEACH, so every men of that unit lands in the end.

FORMATIONS: CA has also fixed the Testudo and other formations, so they create a correct shape (not the long column like in Rome 2).

PATH FINDING: CA has unbelievably tweaked and upgraded the path finding. Very suitable for this mod.

ENJOY and have the SAME big late Roman army counting couple of hundred thousands troops!

Install: In your data folder. Enable it with a mod manager. In the Settings menu set Unit Size to Medium. Done.

Historical source: http://www.fectio.org.uk/articles/numbers.htm

During late stages of the western empire, one legion consisted of two units of 500 men each. So thus the mod exists.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dmboss; February 22, 2015 at 07:06 AM.

Default Re: [MOD] 500 men in a unit.

whats your graphic card

You say lag I assume you mean you don't have low fps/stutter? What settings you running game on and at what res, and what GPU? Just seems far fetched too have that many units with a decent FPS, thanks.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have you tried 40 vs 40?

Because it does lag on mine, ATW , when I tried custom battles with unit size being 120.

It doesn't work ..

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Answers to you, guys:

- my GPU is GTX970
    - by lag I mean uunit stuttering in large battles and no, my battles are fine on i7 5820k (non-overclocked)
    - I only play 20 vs 20, anything bigger than that would definitelly cause lag
    - In case the mod's not working, check it in your mod manager and verify it's .pack file is located in the Total War Attila\data folder

can u have some update up on this mode

44v44 with 500 unit will probably blow up my pc

I try but is crashed my comp is 5 core asus.
    I play with 360 person in a unit but tis mod isnt working what i do?

Is this compatible with Radious?

Long Live CA!!!!!!!!!!!