Thread: 50 turns in as sassinids and ive fought 1 significant battle.

Default 50 turns in as sassinids and ive fought 1 significant battle.

Im playing on hard and my empire stretches from the eastern portion of the map to libya and greece. There is nothing to oppose me. just small stacks and skeleton armies and desolation. The huns even leave me alone with a non-agression pact. I fought 1 good battle vs the ERE but after that they were never able to field a full stack again.

So far, its been Rome total management for me. Im just constantly upgrading things and going through the politics screen. there was a sabir horde stack that attack me early on and i got flashbacks of mongol stacks in medieval 2 but their lone stack that reached me i crushed very easily and thats been pretty much it.

I wondering is the entire game going to be like this? are there going to be Hun super stacks appearing a la mongol invasion in medieval 2? realm divide?

I realize that sassanids is one of the easier factions but sheesh I didn't think it was going to turn into a snooze fest. But its still pretty cool as when my spy reached italy, rome had fallen to Italia faction, and one of the cities in italy was owned by britain which was also a roman based faction with a latin named king lol. and constantinople and that entire province is completely desolated.
    Last edited by warrior6; February 20, 2015 at 12:04 AM.
    "I will not be stopped. Not by you, or the confederates, or the Protoss. I will rule this sector or see it burnt to ashes around me!" Arcturus Mengsk

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: 50 turns in as sassinids and ive fought 1 significant battle.

What difficulty? (since Im starting as the Sassinids)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Nelfe's Avatar Miles

If I remember, Sassanids is the only faction whose difficulty is "easy". Others are on normal or difficult (except WRE/ERE who are on legendary/very difficult).

I found them to be a lot like the Selukids. About 5 turns in every single one of my client states declared war on me which put me way in the red and I was beset by half a dozen stacks from three directions when I was barely filling two armies myself. Abandoned that one.

Never understood the logic of the Persians being easy and the ERE being very hard considering both empires were pretty much evenly matched and the ERE outlasted the Sassanids by what 800 years?

As the Huns on very hard, I get more battles than you'd imagine. Every other turn I am fighting for my life. I am now pushing into Caucasia, with the goal to subjugate the Sassanid Empire. If you play Sassanid Empire, play Multiplayercampaign - adjust difficulties accordingly (you don't need the same difficulties for both players, it does not give battle boni when playing for the BAI in MPC anyway).

If you want to play SE in campaign, choose at least VH or Legendary. It's to be expected that the only "Easy" faction really plays like a cakewalk.

Ecthelion's Avatar Great Ramen Connoisseur

This does sort of make sense historically.
    The Sassanids were on the rise in this period as the strongest Persian empire since the time of Cyrus the Great.

It's meant to be an easy faction, the bunny slope.
    This is my signature. Isn't it awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by warrior6 View Post
    Im playing on hard and my empire stretches from the eastern portion of the map to libya and greece. There is nothing to oppose me. just small stacks and skeleton armies and desolation. The huns even leave me alone with a non-agression pact. I fought 1 good battle vs the ERE but after that they were never able to field a full stack again.

So far, its been Rome total management for me. Im just constantly upgrading things and going through the politics screen. there was a sabir horde stack that attack me early on and i got flashbacks of mongol stacks in medieval 2 but their lone stack that reached me i crushed very easily and thats been pretty much it.

I wondering is the entire game going to be like this? are there going to be Hun super stacks appearing a la mongol invasion in medieval 2? realm divide?

I realize that sassanids is one of the easier factions but sheesh I didn't think it was going to turn into a snooze fest. But its still pretty cool as when my spy reached italy, rome had fallen to Italia faction, and one of the cities in italy was owned by britain which was also a roman based faction with a latin named king lol. and constantinople and that entire province is completely desolated.
    Honestly Sassanids are too easy. I just started a campaign on very hard and alt f4'd around turn 30 because I was falling asleep. I had a 15k Income per turn, a 50k bank, fully upgraded cities and 4 powerful flags, and zero enemies. The entire 30 turns not a single soul declared war on me. I was bored out of my mind. That faction is waaaay waaaay too easy. Try one of the Rome's for a challenge, I'm still getting pooped on in ERE campaigns, it always falls apart for me in a few turns, cant keep it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe_116 View Post
    Honestly Sassanids are too easy. I just started a campaign on very hard and alt f4'd around turn 30 because I was falling asleep. I had a 15k Income per turn, a 50k bank, fully upgraded cities and 4 powerful flags, and zero enemies. The entire 30 turns not a single soul declared war on me. I was bored out of my mind. That faction is waaaay waaaay too easy. Try one of the Rome's for a challenge, I'm still getting pooped on in ERE campaigns, it always falls apart for me in a few turns, cant keep it together.
    That is funny because for me I am playing as the ERE and turn 1 involved breaking military alliance with the West. After that, I am 50 turns in and no one has declared war on me, I have three full stacks waiting for the Sassinds or Huns to appear, almost everything is fully upgraded and I am making a ton of money, The west no longer exists and the Huns are out and about doing their thing. I think the key is to break military relations with the west since they will have you help them fight...every faction, and if you agree to all of them you will never make money and soon collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
    I found them to be a lot like the Selukids. About 5 turns in every single one of my client states declared war on me which put me way in the red and I was beset by half a dozen stacks from three directions when I was barely filling two armies myself. Abandoned that one.
    the only client state that tried that was armenia and all my other client states remained loyal. so the armenians were easily crushed. one of my persian culture client states even owns a region in greece lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecthelion View Post
    This does sort of make sense historically.
    The Sassanids were on the rise in this period as the strongest Persian empire since the time of Cyrus the Great.

It's meant to be an easy faction, the bunny slope.

I dont think its meant to be this easy. I am playing on hard difficulty after all. The sassinids were matched and had trouble vs the ERE, in my campaign the ERE has 1 region in libya and for the most part doesnt actually exist. I dont even encounter actual stacks of armies. just small small stacks.
    "I will not be stopped. Not by you, or the confederates, or the Protoss. I will rule this sector or see it burnt to ashes around me!" Arcturus Mengsk

Quote Originally Posted by AlliedZero View Post
    That is funny because for me I am playing as the ERE and turn 1 involved breaking military alliance with the West. After that, I am 50 turns in and no one has declared war on me, I have three full stacks waiting for the Sassinds or Huns to appear, almost everything is fully upgraded and I am making a ton of money, The west no longer exists and the Huns are out and about doing their thing. I think the key is to break military relations with the west since they will have you help them fight...every faction, and if you agree to all of them you will never make money and soon collapse.
    From what i understand the faction leaders have dynamically generated character traits at the beginning of the game. So you might get a Sassy Empire who is very peaceful in one game, then in another game you might get a totally belligerent one. Its cool, makes for different campaigns even with the same factions =) I'm happy they didnt declare war on you, they usually declare war on me turn 2 and show up with 3 full stacks

Wheatley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AlliedZero View Post
    I was in the same position actually, had about five full stacks, no hostile hordes in my territory and had a non-agression pack with the Huns. Then the Sassasnids declared on me, bringing in about 4 of their own stacks (half of which is shock cav) and another 4 from their vassals, soon after the Huns came down from the razed Dacia with 4 full hordes of their own. Fighting a two front war like this became impossible as I had not enough armies to hold them all in and soon my settlements were being razed whilst I fought for survival on the fronts. Managed to raze Ctesiphon but it had almost no effect on them.