Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Mod Manager

I'm having inexplicable issues...
    So I wanted to change the order that two of the reskin mods I have for Attila load in. I did so using this mod manager, and get a message saying the mods won't play together, even though all the mods I'm using did work before I installed this. So I tried launching Attila from the Steam page thinking "Hang it, it's just a reskin mod, it's cosmetic, who cares" and it turns out the mod manager has broken that too.
    Any ideas?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

So I tried deleting the mod manager entirely and I'm still getting the same damn error. Any way to fix my game at this point? I don't even care about getting the mod manager itself to work any more, I just want my game un-broken.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Getting an issue when I push play from the manager and it opens steam and gives me a box that says something about me having launch parameter "1" any help would be appreciated.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

I know in Rome II, at least, my user script method still works

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Parkera1705's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [Tool] Mod Manager

Are there any mods that are NOT compatible with this? Like DarthMod or Imperial Destroyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkera1705 View Post
    Are there any mods that are NOT compatible with this? Like DarthMod or Imperial Destroyer?
    The mod itself doesn't matter. It just handle the load order of the mods.

badluck (

thanks

Libertus

Great tool!

Quote Originally Posted by bachphiphivltk View Post

badluck (
    I have the same issue.

Has anyone tried my Rome 2 method on Warhammer? I think don't people have said it worked on Attila

Kallides's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I found a simpler work around. It's makes for very easy managment going forward with mod updates.

Step 1
    Enable hidden files in windows explorer
    Step 2
    Navigate here
    C:\Users\*YOU*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2. Right click the scripts folder and send a shortcut to the desktop. The shortcut to the desktop (makes it easier to access in future). Don't close this directory yet though.
    Step 3
    Open the scripts folder and open user.script. Leave the directory open though after as you'll need to access the file user.script again later.
    Step 4
    Open up your Rome II data directory
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    Step 5
    Look at the mods you wanna use. You don't have to rename any of them. Figure out which ones you're gonna use.
    Step 6
    Open user.script with that shortcut we created earlier. Mods you'll use need to be entered in this format
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";

so and so forth. Make sure you enter them in the load order you want them to load. Just like in Mitch MM the top priority mods will be listed first with mods being overwritten towards bottom of list. I'll post an example after the instruction are complete.
    Step 7
    Save your changes and close user.script. Then right click the file and set to READ-ONLY. This is so that the game can't change the mods being used or their load order anytime you load it.
    Step 8
    Play your game and enjoy.

If you do it like this you don't have to use Mitch's unofficial MM or the official MM by steam to use your mods. In fact, right now I have all mods deselected in the CA Official MM and am playing DeI with my mod XIIICaesar's legions just fine. All mods are loading in the exact order I have them in user.script and no other mods. I had you create the shortcut so that if you want to change what mods you use you don't have to go back into app data and all the other directories. You just click on the scripts shortcut on the desktop and it'll take you straight to your user.script file. To change what mods you use or loading order right click on the user.script and turn off READ-ONLY then do your edits. Save, close, and turn READ-ONLY back on. Load th3e game again and your good to go like before. This takes renaming your mod packs out of the equations. Whereas with that method anytime workshop updated your mod you had to delete the old bersion and rename the new version again to keep your load order correct and what not, now you don't. Steam workshop will update your mod like normal and because the names stay the same you just load the game up after a mods update and keep playing like normal no more renaming or anything.

mod "aztec-update-september.pack";
    mod "A_Younger_Caesar.pack";
    mod "pdguru_grass_rel_0-4mod.pack";
    mod "md_mod_seem_v1_6_insane.pack";
    mod "DeI script reform testing.pack";
    mod "@096hellenicromanvariants.pack";
    mod "@_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_010_part1.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part2.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part3.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part4.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part5.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part6.pack";

My example. Everything loads in order. My legions overwrite DeI, univariations overwrite my legions and DeI, my script reform test pack overwrites those mods, and so on. I wanna change something I click the shortcut to the script folder, turn off READ-ONLY on user.script make my changes and save. Then close turn READ-ONLY back on and play the game. BOOMThis will work guaranteed on Rome II. I am doing it now and have another member that plays my mod doing it as well. CONFIRMED. No renaming, or worrying about what is enabled or disabled in Official CA MM anymore or Mitch MM not working.
    Brilliant mate! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by JANOSIK007 View Post
    Thanks for the instruction. I did it exactly as you said, except there is no user.script in the script directory so I wrote it into preferences.script. I wrote the name of the mod at the end of all the preferences in the format you told and the game crashed. As soon as I removed it from the file, the game worked (of course without the mod). The mod manager doesn't even show this mod. After many trials and no mod, the CTD shows that I'm doing something right. Perhaps now the game is trying to load the mod, but it is incompatible. Not sure. Any possible advice on resolving the CTD?
    Create the user.script and fill in your mods, dont write them into preferences.script Worked for me.
    Last edited by Kallides; July 06, 2016 at 08:52 AM.

Snipers get more Head!

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Sorry for the stupid question, how do i use this mod manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by mhawari View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, how do i use this mod manager ?
    You don't[emoji13] . It doesn't work anymore. Refer to the method I've outlined in post before yours.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

No its work for me, yesterday i'm play with mingmod using this mod manager.

Hi, I'm new to Total War Attila (Fun fact, my name is actually Attila ) and completely new to mods. So, I got the mod manager working, finds my Attila, finds the mod, I start the game, the background changes to 1212AD, but the campaign(s) remain(s) the attila campaign(s) or any of the costum battles are attila battles too. Like, it would have been launched halfway. I'm probably missing something very obvious, but I can't get it to work.

Any help for the noob would be much appreciated

Since I can't edit the previous post.

The costum battles have the new factions and whatnot. That means, the mod will only work with costum battles?

Civis

Any chance of getting this WONDERFUL tool updated?

Super tool thanks!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Someone please fix this tool!