Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Mod Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Korpjävel View Post
    Nice! Will try it out

If I want to play CiG/HaTG more or less vanilla, how to I disable this? Why I want to disable most mods for expansions/dlcs is because I get uncertain that some mods isn't compatible. And that it will not only not work, but screw up my game. I just get worried.

And as said, I will try it out, but I want to play another CiG campaign vanilla so I will wait for response.
    Just follow the instructions but don't put any mods in the user.script

hey i got unhandled exception occured in your application error.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name:path1.

Please help

Default Re: [Tool] Mod Manager

I can't launch the game from the mod manager. Every time I try to launch the game I get a window that's titled "Allow game launch". and the window says 'Allow Total War:ROME II - Emperor Edition to launch with optional command line "1"? If you did not request this launch then click cancel'. I even tried to launch the game with no mods selected and I still get the same window and game still won't launch from manager.

Quote Originally Posted by carions46 View Post
    hey i got unhandled exception occured in your application error.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name[emoji14]ath1.

Please help
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    I can't launch the game from the mod manager. Every time I try to launch the game I get a window that's titled "Allow game launch". and the window says 'Allow Total War:ROME II - Emperor Edition to launch with optional command line "1"? If you did not request this launch then click cancel'. I even tried to launch the game with no mods selected and I still get the same window and game still won't launch from manager.
    Try my method and see if it works. If you need help with it just post here.

I've followed instructions to the letter and game crashes during loading screen. I should also note that I'm launching the game while steam is offline.

Do the mods have to be from steam workshop or can they be from tw center?

The mod can be from workshop or not. It should work. I'll try it when I get home and check. Iv loaded my gave and disabled all mods from CA Launcher loaded have then exit out. After that o did the user.script and don't have a problem.

So what I've done is I've deleted all my mods from TW center and unsubscribed from all steam mods, then I subscribed to steam mods again and edited the user.script according to the instructions and it's working properly now. No crashes.

So what I've done is I've deleted all my mods from TW center and unsubscribed from all steam mods, then I subscribed to steam mods again and edited the user.script according to the instructions and it's working properly now. No crashes.
    I've also unchecked the mods from the CA launcher just like you said. Would've been nice to have known those details before.

I've also unchecked the mods from the CA launcher just like you said. Would've been nice to have known those details before.
    I did......
    Step 8
    Play your game and enjoy.

If you do it like this you don't have to use Mitch's unofficial MM or the official MM by steam to use your mods. In fact, right now I have all mods deselected in the CA Official MM and am playing DeI with my mod XIIICaesar's legions just fine. All mods are loading in the exact order I have them in user.script and no other mods.

***POST EDIT***
    I think the only thing that could've caused your game to crash at launcher was maybe if a mod the launcher was showing wasn't present in your data directory. Non-workshop mods should still be working though. I just tried my DeI setup with the user.script method and it loaded fine all the way to the main menu. In the future though people, as I wasn't 100% clear on this before, before you use my user.script method do one thing first. Load you're game up and untick all mods in the CAMM and load the game. Once you reach the main menu exit out. Now do the user.script method and don't forget to set it to read only. After that you shuld be good.
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; November 29, 2015 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsauce View Post
    I can't get this to work. The directory and mod list is fine, but when i hit the launch button at the bottom right nothing happens. Task manager shows the game process running for about second and then it closes. Plz help
    I have the same problem. And as one can see from modified.log file all pack's file are "unknown".
    Plz help.

I'm sorry, the methods above work fine. I just forgot update one mod. :facepalm:

Quote Originally Posted by testsubject View Post
    Thanks XIIICaesar, it works perfectly for Attila with the latest DLC as well! If for some reason you don't have user.script file yet just create one and fill it in as explained.

On creating user.script file you use a note pad

L|EMEHTATOP's Avatar Laetus

Чтоб этот мод менеджер начал нормально работать, а не выскакивала ошибка NULL, вы должны установить STEAM. И всё.
    Не нужно никаких изменений в скриптах делать, никаких танцев с бубнами и прочей херни. Просто установите STEAM. Всем приятной игры с отличными модификациями для этой великолепной игры. Будет работать и на лицензионной версии игры и на пиратской.

To this mod manager started to work normally, and the error does not pop NULL, you must install STEAM. And yet.
    You do not need any changes to the scripts do no dancing with tambourines and other garbage. Just install STEAM. All pleasant game with excellent modifications for this wonderful game. It will run on the licensed version of the game and on the pirate.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

if you are using steam like all of us who are still using mods, steam has a build in mod manager now. CA wants you to use that one and it works. it is the most painless one and works.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Same problem for me. And same problem with Rome 2or Attila : game crashes at launch and need to erase game data in user/appdata to launche the game in vanilla mod.
    The game refuse to start if it does not access to the user script (read only).

I don't have steam.
    Last edited by Tovi; February 01, 2016 at 06:04 AM.

My Mod Manager can't find Napoleon after reinstalling a pile of games. The path shown is where Napoleon used to be installed.

I have the same error for every game.

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    I found a simpler work around. It's makes for very easy managment going forward with mod updates.

Step 1
    Enable hidden files in windows explorer
    Step 2
    Navigate here
    C:\Users\*YOU*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2. Right click the scripts folder and send a shortcut to the desktop. The shortcut to the desktop (makes it easier to access in future). Don't close this directory yet though.
    Step 3
    Open the scripts folder and open user.script. Leave the directory open though after as you'll need to access the file user.script again later.
    Step 4
    Open up your Rome II data directory
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    Step 5
    Look at the mods you wanna use. You don't have to rename any of them. Figure out which ones you're gonna use.
    Step 6
    Open user.script with that shortcut we created earlier. Mods you'll use need to be entered in this format
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";

so and so forth. Make sure you enter them in the load order you want them to load. Just like in Mitch MM the top priority mods will be listed first with mods being overwritten towards bottom of list. I'll post an example after the instruction are complete.
    Step 7
    Save your changes and close user.script. Then right click the file and set to READ-ONLY. This is so that the game can't change the mods being used or their load order anytime you load it.
    Step 8
    Play your game and enjoy.

If you do it like this you don't have to use Mitch's unofficial MM or the official MM by steam to use your mods. In fact, right now I have all mods deselected in the CA Official MM and am playing DeI with my mod XIIICaesar's legions just fine. All mods are loading in the exact order I have them in user.script and no other mods. I had you create the shortcut so that if you want to change what mods you use you don't have to go back into app data and all the other directories. You just click on the scripts shortcut on the desktop and it'll take you straight to your user.script file. To change what mods you use or loading order right click on the user.script and turn off READ-ONLY then do your edits. Save, close, and turn READ-ONLY back on. Load th3e game again and your good to go like before. This takes renaming your mod packs out of the equations. Whereas with that method anytime workshop updated your mod you had to delete the old bersion and rename the new version again to keep your load order correct and what not, now you don't. Steam workshop will update your mod like normal and because the names stay the same you just load the game up after a mods update and keep playing like normal no more renaming or anything.

mod "aztec-update-september.pack";
    mod "A_Younger_Caesar.pack";
    mod "pdguru_grass_rel_0-4mod.pack";
    mod "md_mod_seem_v1_6_insane.pack";
    mod "DeI script reform testing.pack";
    mod "@096hellenicromanvariants.pack";
    mod "@_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_010_part1.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part2.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part3.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part4.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part5.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part6.pack";

My example. Everything loads in order. My legions overwrite DeI, univariations overwrite my legions and DeI, my script reform test pack overwrites those mods, and so on. I wanna change something I click the shortcut to the script folder, turn off READ-ONLY on user.script make my changes and save. Then close turn READ-ONLY back on and play the game. BOOMThis will work guaranteed on Rome II. I am doing it now and have another member that plays my mod doing it as well. CONFIRMED. No renaming, or worrying about what is enabled or disabled in Official CA MM anymore or Mitch MM not working.
    Thanks for the instruction. I did it exactly as you said, except there is no user.script in the script directory so I wrote it into preferences.script. I wrote the name of the mod at the end of all the preferences in the format you told and the game crashed. As soon as I removed it from the file, the game worked (of course without the mod). The mod manager doesn't even show this mod. After many trials and no mod, the CTD shows that I'm doing something right. Perhaps now the game is trying to load the mod, but it is incompatible. Not sure. Any possible advice on resolving the CTD?

The Story of Janosik <>Courtesy of Cracker Monkey and ARCHER29

Civis

The text inside the spoiler below is what I wrote here earlier. I had this problem and went here to get some help. But I might have found the solution with some help from the Totalwar forum. I read there about going to AppData/Roaming/The Creative assembly/Attila/logs and check the modified.log which as I noticed had a list of the mods but in a different order. So I changed the order in the user.script.txt and now the game works with the mods. I hope this wasn't just a temporary solution but will work when I add the other mods I want to use.

Edit: I later on did get some mod conflict reports from the game at start and therefore decided to download and try Mitch's mod manager. I put the mod manager in the main game folder where Attila.exe is (I didn't find any info on where it's supposed to be but guess it works like the mod manager I used to have for Skyrim) and started it as Administrator after which I arranged the mods in the same order as in user.script.txt. I haven't had any error messages or suffered CTD and it seems that at least some of the mods are working.

I'm always starting Mitch's mod manager by right clicking and choosing "start as administrator" and my OS is a 64bit. I never use two or more mods that are in conflict with each other, but choose only one of them. Maybe that is part of the solution to make Mitch's MM work with Attila.

I haven't played a Total War game for quite some time. It's very fun but I only wish these games could work similar to Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis where you need to keep an eye on your neighbors because it's real time game play and you never know what the AI will do while you're managing your nation/faction.

I've read the last posts in this thread and decided to do according to XIIICaesar's proposition and it worked for a while. But then I wanted to add a few more mods and the game gives me the info: "VFS error. Could not load the mods" and tells me that some mods don't work well together. I've tried to change the order in the user.script.txt but it seems it's harder than I thought. Am I correct in assuming that the mods that change the campaign AI must be loaded before the mods that change the battle AI? Or are there other rules when it comes to load order?

I stack the mods in the order below with the ones that are loaded first in the bottom of the list and the one that is loaded last in the top (with a description of the mods so you know what they change):

mod "More_Civilians.pack"; --------------------(more civilians in the battle map)
    mod "stronger_barricades.pack"; ---------------(makes it harder to destroy a barricade)
    mod "stronger_walls.pack"; --------------------(makes it harder to penetrate a wall)
    mod "tower_nerf.pack"; ------------------------(changes how deadly the tower protection is)
    mod "reduced_zoc.pack"; ----------------------(smaller zones of control)
    mod "Stealth_UI_Boost.pack; ------------------(gives stats about different units in custom battles)
    mod "younger_characters.pack"; --------------(kids become grown ups at 16 years old (like in Crusader kings II))
    mod "less_climate_change_12tpy.pack"; -------(affects fertility level)
    mod "12_tpy.pack"; --------------------------(12 years per turn)
    mod "slower_armies.pack"; --------------------(armies on the campaign map moves slower; move slower/shorter distances?)
    mod "a_reasonable_populace.pack"; -----------(changes how the population reacts to faction leaders' actions)
    mod "imperium_tech_removed.pack"; ----------(changes the tech tree for imperiums)
    mod "_aDresden_Occupation_NoHuns.pack"; ---(gives all factions except the huns all options after defeating a city)

Not too many mods. Some of them worked earlier but there is some problem with the load order when I added a few others. So if anyone thinks I should put them in a different way, I'd be happy if (s)he let me know.
    Last edited by Pethom; March 08, 2016 at 06:52 AM.

Mitch, I dont know what happen but your mod manager doesnt work for me, Here is the message Value cannot be null. Parameter name path1.
    "See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path1
    at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
    at TWModManager.Game.GetGameDirectory()
    at TWModManager.FormMain.FormMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    TWModManager
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Game/Total%20War%20Attila%202/ModManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box."