1- start normaly attila and uncheck al mod from standard MM and close it
    2- start mitch MM and manage your mods
    3- press launch and go away as usual but DO NOT press play on steam
    4- set READONLY the file user.script.txt
    5- now press play on steam and anjoy
    6- after the gaming remove readonly setting from user.script.txt

for the next game session start from point 2

sorry for my inglish
    Your a hero, but I am not very computer literate "reset the file user.script.txt" how do I do that?

Default Re: Mod Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    Your a hero, but I am not very computer literate "reset the file user.script.txt" how do I do that?
    nono siply do the six point and all go ok!! almost for me

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

it's the manual way, that file is in here:
    C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\scripts

it's for Rome II/Mac but works for Attila/Windows too
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...=1#post1241207

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks both, of you. Nervous about ballsing it all up! But might have to give a go renaming everything is tedious at best

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Poniatowski1991 View Post
    Hi,

I have problems with my Attila total war launcher. The launcher itself crashes very quickly. I cannot even be on time to start the game!
    I tried modmanager, unfortunately this one does not work as well as it should.

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on with the Attila launcher? I even reinstalled the game. I didn't freaking help. I started the .exe as admin. Did not freaking help!

Please tell me what is going on? Nothing seems to work.
    Sounds like you manually deleted a mod and now the launcher is trying to find it, but it can't so it crashes

Hello there,

Since the last the game won't launch when I use the mod manager. It does launch however if I don't use the mod manager. It does however skip the screen with the modmanager which comes with the game. It launches the game immediately,

Quote Originally Posted by Slashas View Post
    Sounds like you manually deleted a mod and now the launcher is trying to find it, but it can't so it crashes
    most likely, so he has to delete the name of the mod from user.script
    C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\scripts

Has anyone heard from Mitch about this? Is he not allowed to be friends now that he works for CA? Is this almost imperative option over?
    Last edited by stevehoos; September 23, 2015 at 02:00 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Has anyone heard from Mitch about this? Is he not allowed to be friends now that he works for CA? Is this almost imperative option over?
    most likely his position doesn't let him to do such stuff.. or maybe just too busy to do anything else than his job something. unlike Darren

Has anyone started a thread on the official forums? I kind of doubt that Mitch would be allowed to comment in this thread even if he wanted to. I saw a message to the devs on the /r/totalwar subreddit, but the only place CA is 100% guaranteed to look is their own turf.

why oh why can i not find the appdata folder in users......??????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    why oh why can i not find the appdata folder in users......??????????????????????????????????
    because it's an hidden folder, so you should make hidden folders visible 1st
    google it, easy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    Just type "%appdata%" (without the quotes) in Explorer.

what is the "_error current game is null" ?
    when i try to open set direct game, this error appaers

Hey i really need some help i have total war rome 2 empreror i got a mod yet mod maneger cant detect it idk what to do sry for my bad english thx in advance

Ignore me
    Last edited by Deathchant; November 14, 2015 at 02:37 PM.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Icon3 Re: Mod Manager

I found a simpler work around. It's makes for very easy managment going forward with mod updates.

Step 1
    Enable hidden files in windows explorer
    Step 2
    Navigate here
    C:\Users\*YOU*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2. Right click the scripts folder and send a shortcut to the desktop. The shortcut to the desktop (makes it easier to access in future). Don't close this directory yet though.
    Step 3
    Open the scripts folder and open user.script. Leave the directory open though after as you'll need to access the file user.script again later.
    Step 4
    Open up your Rome II data directory
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    Step 5
    Look at the mods you wanna use. You don't have to rename any of them. Figure out which ones you're gonna use.
    Step 6
    Open user.script with that shortcut we created earlier. Mods you'll use need to be entered in this format
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";
    mod "*MOD NAME*";

so and so forth. Make sure you enter them in the load order you want them to load. Just like in Mitch MM the top priority mods will be listed first with mods being overwritten towards bottom of list. I'll post an example after the instruction are complete.
    Step 7
    Save your changes and close user.script. Then right click the file and set to READ-ONLY. This is so that the game can't change the mods being used or their load order anytime you load it.
    Step 8
    Play your game and enjoy.

If you do it like this you don't have to use Mitch's unofficial MM or the official MM by steam to use your mods. In fact, right now I have all mods deselected in the CA Official MM and am playing DeI with my mod XIIICaesar's legions just fine. All mods are loading in the exact order I have them in user.script and no other mods. I had you create the shortcut so that if you want to change what mods you use you don't have to go back into app data and all the other directories. You just click on the scripts shortcut on the desktop and it'll take you straight to your user.script file. To change what mods you use or loading order right click on the user.script and turn off READ-ONLY then do your edits. Save, close, and turn READ-ONLY back on. Load th3e game again and your good to go like before. This takes renaming your mod packs out of the equations. Whereas with that method anytime workshop updated your mod you had to delete the old bersion and rename the new version again to keep your load order correct and what not, now you don't. Steam workshop will update your mod like normal and because the names stay the same you just load the game up after a mods update and keep playing like normal no more renaming or anything.

mod "aztec-update-september.pack";
    mod "A_Younger_Caesar.pack";
    mod "pdguru_grass_rel_0-4mod.pack";
    mod "md_mod_seem_v1_6_insane.pack";
    mod "DeI script reform testing.pack";
    mod "@096hellenicromanvariants.pack";
    mod "@_____XIIICaesars_Legions_DeI.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_010_part1.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part2.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part3.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part4.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part5.pack";
    mod "___divide_et_impera_release_part6.pack";

My example. Everything loads in order. My legions overwrite DeI, univariations overwrite my legions and DeI, my script reform test pack overwrites those mods, and so on. I wanna change something I click the shortcut to the script folder, turn off READ-ONLY on user.script make my changes and save. Then close turn READ-ONLY back on and play the game. BOOMThis will work guaranteed on Rome II. I am doing it now and have another member that plays my mod doing it as well. CONFIRMED. No renaming, or worrying about what is enabled or disabled in Official CA MM anymore or Mitch MM not working.

Thanks XIIICaesar, it works perfectly for Attila with the latest DLC as well! If for some reason you don't have user.script file yet just create one and fill it in as explained.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by testsubject View Post
    Thanks XIIICaesar, it works perfectly for Attila with the latest DLC as well! If for some reason you don't have user.script file yet just create one and fill it in as explained.
    Hey, that's good to know. I did this on Rome II. Didn't know/expect it to work on Atilla as well. Spread the good word my friend Lol. A lot of people will probably wanna know that.

Nice! Will try it out

If I want to play CiG/HaTG more or less vanilla, how to I disable this? Why I want to disable most mods for expansions/dlcs is because I get uncertain that some mods isn't compatible. And that it will not only not work, but screw up my game. I just get worried.

And as said, I will try it out, but I want to play another CiG campaign vanilla so I will wait for response.